POLL: Just want to check our Sloman Pulse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sloman released: The Sloman thread and his story

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
zuerlein wasnt innacurate enough to ditch him over what, a half a million bucks?
Dallas signed him to a 3 year 7.5 mill deal. Way too much money to spend on a guy coming off a down year. Sloman signed for 3 years, 3.3 mill with only 75k guaranteed

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So in other words, he CAN'T kick it out of the end zone even if he tries?

Good riddance.
Honestly I think that might have been more damning than the blocked kick. McVay didnt want Paterson to even have a chance to return a kick

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dallas signed him to a 3 year 7.5 mill deal. Way too much money to spend on a guy coming off a down year. Sloman signed for 3 years, 3.3 mill with only 75k guaranteed

Sure. But we had already been paying him 2.15(ish) million? So I was measuring against that raise, and not Sloman's salary. I didn't argue the move - that is expensive for a kicker....but going from 90% of Justin Tucker to 90% of a college kicker was questionable.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3 years, 3.3 million? After 7 games, he probably made close to a half-million bucks, and he's been on national TV at least 6 times. Not bad for a short, fat guy playing in the NFL. Sloman was the worst looking football player (and kicker) I have ever seen. Maybe if he lost some weight he could get stronger or more agile. I don't know. Best of luck to him though. We were all pulling for him at some point.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure. But we had already been paying him 2.15(ish) million? So I was measuring against that raise, and not Sloman's salary. I didn't argue the move - that is expensive for a kicker....but going from 90% of Justin Tucker to 90% of a college kicker was questionable.
Wasnt any alternatives, in fact who was available then, is available now

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
IMG_20201027_174608.gif

Best of luck Sloman. You could learn a thing or two from this guy. If you're going to kick low, do it in style.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasnt any alternatives, in fact who was available then, is available now

Not disagreeing. In fact, that's why I will stick with my guns. There were no good replacements. Why get rid of what we had for a sub-replacement level player. For a league average player at a minimum salary? Or even at a league average kicker salary? I could buy that. But for a college level average player? (if that) Nah.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Truth be told I was disappointed he didn’t pan out Only because I had this vision of him being money, and coming out for a big kick to “Slow... Man“ being raged to the sound of Soundgarden’s “Spoonman”

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are you Sloman's Grandfather? That might explain a few things. . . .
Nah just a realist. That should explain everything. For about the thousandth time (yes that's intentional hyperbole) I don't care for Sloman over anybody else. But a few things I've said.

First he should be given a chance, people wanted to cut him day one and were making idiotic and outlandish claims as to how he got the job (not hyperbole). He's now had his chance and been replaced. As I say with all former Rams players ,and if you like we can dig up a few of these but enough should know I say this with absolutely every former Rams, best of luck Sloman the rest of your career except if you play the Rams again.

Second thing I've said countless times is people around here seem to forget how bad GZ was the majority of his rookie contract, by majority I mean 3 of his first 4 seasons everybody around here wanted him cut because he missed all the time.

Lastly people are really reaching if they think Kai Forbath is some kind of special kicker or even better than what Sloman just got cut for. There's a reason the Rams are his 7th team in 9 years.

Best of luck to Kai and I hope he's better than he ever has been before. But by all means go ahead with this silly discussion of me being some how tied to Sloman or pulling for him any more than I will any Rams player. It's truly entertaining reading people who don't pay attention to what I've said then proceed to make stupid statements like you just did. Sorry if that's harsh but it's really old having people call me out for something that I never did. Not sure why sticking up for a rookie getting a fair shake before losing his job is somehow me being outrageous. You people act like I founded the Sam Sloman fan club and it's truly comical reading.

TomMack

Rookie
Be careful what you hope for...still thinking about Zuerliens 57 yard game winner against Saints and thinking we might have the best kicker in the league.

Rasp

UDFA
Name
Rasp
He needed to be replaced. Too many blocked shots and can't kick it out of the end zone. I think we will still need to look for another kicker this off-season

Hobgoblin

Rookie
Can’t compare GZ rookie year or even 4 years after that. We weren’t winning games.

We did rely on FGs for most of our points back then but we weren’t even thinking about playoffs. The bitching wasn’t necessary back then because the kicker missing kicks was the least of our worries.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can’t compare GZ rookie year or even 4 years after that. We weren’t winning games.

We did rely on FGs for most of our points back then but we weren’t even thinking about playoffs. The bitching wasn’t necessary back then because the kicker missing kicks was the least of our worries.
Irrelevant, a bad kicker is bad on a good or a bad team. Even back then on a bad team all of us wanted to win every game and a kicker blowing potential wins on a bad team may have been even worse.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean I guess I was spoiled with Wilkins brown gz but the rams have been bad most of my life and I never felt like a touchdown equaled 6 more than I did with sloman

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, best of luck to Sloman in his career unless he somehow faces us. Let's hope that Kai Forbath can do well.