POLL: Just want to check our Sloman Pulse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sloman released: The Sloman thread and his story

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Just wanted to see how we felt collectively about it. I'm ready for a change.
I am all for bringing back Lirim Hajrullahu from what I read he was very consistant
and I also liked the fact that he was ollder and more experienced.
Thought he would handle the pressure situations better than a rookie may.
The only problem with my evaluation is I have no clue about kicking
and I didn't attend a single practice. So what do I know?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Patience advocates are leading in a landslide.

I’m surprised. Better to replace him BEFORE he costs us a game rather than waiting until after, IMO.

We’re in a tough division as it is and playoff seeding margins are gonna be razor thin in the NFC, as well. Just sayin’...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Be patient.
Hes doing fine.

I've also noticed, that he seemed to have a bit more air under the ball last week on his FGs.
Which I know is a concern.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rather sign a vet who's skills may be on the decline, but who won't get rattled for big kicks.

There will be some big kicks coming this season in some big games. I'm very skeptical trying to develop a kicker this season.

…..

Legend
Not feelin it. Its not his fault, but Im still not feelin it and assume he WILL cost us and and its gonna hurt in the standings.

But thats the price you pay when you have to let your high dollar kicker go.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think another choice should be there. With maybe a "game" limit. I'm not upset about the missed kick at Buffalo than I am the first 2 misses. And another thing. Do we know (I know several here that think they can evaluate talent better than the coaching staff.....) if the alternative is better than what we have? I personally don't know as the best I know was the camp reports, which basically told us nothing..... But that's just me.....I could be wrong.

Ram65

Legend
Who would be next? Any names anyone?

At this point, the Rams made their choice out of three kickers. IIRC teams that had problems with their original kickers last year still had problems with replacements. I think the Rams should have an option in mind but, they have to give the kid some time to get in a groove. I guess a target time would be before heading into the break to consider pulling him and decide what to do.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who would be next? Any names anyone?

At this point, the Rams made their choice out of three kickers. IIRC teams that had problems with their original kickers last year still had problems with replacements. I think the Rams should have an option in mind but, they have to give the kid some time to get in a groove. I guess a target time would be before heading into the break to consider pulling him and decide what to do.
Lirim Hajrullahu

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's up with the low kicks? Anybody got some knowledge your willing to share?

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I think you need a kicker with something like a CB mentality -- confident, realizes he may get beat but short enough memory to not care. Kickers miss kicks and blow games, deal with it.

Whether Sloman or Hallelujah have that CB-like mentality, I don't know. What I do know, is that just because a kicker is older doesn't mean that he can handle stress better. Someone check out the story of vet 1998 Gary Anderson. Cairo Santos is a vet, anyone want him?

Sloman has made kicks in this league. To say some guy, Lirim, who reportedly did well in practice, who has never made a kick in this league, should replace him, isn't enough for me.

All that being said, I think Kai Forbath was perfect on FG's last year and he's a local.

Ram65

Legend
Lirim Hajrullahu

He did well in the first scrimmage but, had a bad second scrimmage when things really intensified. I though Liram was the leading pick and thought his experience outdoors would be a big plus. I guess he could be the alternate.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let’s see, in his last game:
4 of 6 kickoffs for touchbacks
3 for 3 on extra points
Remains perfect from 30-39 by hitting
Misses 53 harder, pulled left in to the wind
So it’s time to get rid of him?
What a joke
Body language? That’s like the the nonsense people give Goff when they say he’s not an intense leader
Meanwhile, Zuerlein is shanking XP’s and Liram was so impressive in TC that he can’t even land a practice squad gig somewhere.

Ram65

Legend
All that being said, I think Kai Forbath was perfect on FG's last year and he's a local.

He has been around. Only 2 seasons with 16 games played. Hasn't been able to stick even with a 86.8 Career success percentage. IDK he has a 50% TB rate. Look at his numbers at the link.

Recently cut from Panthers PS. Falcons gave him a look 2 days ago.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I trust the coaches. If they think he can be great, let him work through it. In his first five games as a rookie, Saints Kicker Wil Lutz went 7/11 (63.6%). Since then, he's 118/131 (90.1%) in his NFL career. I'll leave this to the coaches. They have my trust.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
99298C76-A128-447D-982A-2E0FE118CD06.jpeg