POLL: Just want to check our Sloman Pulse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sloman released: The Sloman thread and his story

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I noticed this last night, also noticed last night I'm pretty sure not once did they start at or beyond the 25 yard line. Can only hope or coverage teams are as good for Forbath and his pathetic kick offs as they were for Sloman.
Honestly I'm not sure what to expect with Forbath. Gonna be the same thing with him tbh, waiting to see if he can at least establish some sort of baseline for his range.

I do like his history of 40-49 though. Generally that means he's got a good leg, but he's old too so who knows.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly I'm not sure what to expect with Forbath. Gonna be the same thing with him tbh, waiting to see if he can at least establish some sort of baseline for his range.

I do like his history of 40-49 though. Generally that means he's got a good leg, but he's old too so who knows.
Just as with Sloman I hope he's a good kicker and wins us games. But there's a reason he's been on so many teams and part of that is his inconsistent kicking especially a lack of range and bad kick offs. Two things that people hated from Sloman.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
They only kept Solman over Lirim because they wasted a draft pick on him and now they are paying for it, every week. Why was Forbath inactive for this game?
I think because of that Covid 19 BS and I read he couldn't get to the Rams till Sunday,which only gave him a day .

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Figured that last blocked kick was the last straw. Not saying I'm jumping up and down for Forbath. He will receive extreme scrutiny here. I never feel good about the kicking game. Too many things have to go right and just one wrong. I always cringe when we try any length kick. GZ used to be famous for missing the intermediate kicks early in his career. The worst place for them to tee it up for GZ for awhile seemed to be between a 36 to 40 yd kick. So good luck to Forbath or anybody else we may have to bring in. I'll still be biting my nails.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I didn't mind him. Sucks for him but that's what happens when you miss fgs every game.

The vitriol against him was something else though. He's a kicker, none of them are perfect.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Really No Surprise. Imho.

Plus there's going to be at least a couple highly rated kickers coming out next year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude....really? Lol. I bet you're fun at parties.
LOL no matter how many times you point out the definition of nepotism he keeps up. I bet he's a blast to laugh at during parties :D

TexasRam

Legend
A sign of a good coach is not one who never makes mistakes, but one who is able to identify mistakes and do something about it.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
ROFL Kai Forbath has entered the chat and is laughing at you. This is a guy that's below 40% in his career for touchbacks SUB FORTY PERCENT!

hehehehe.gif

Forbath has a job right now. Ol' Sloman can't say the same.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we think Kai Forbath is the answer.....look, I live pretty much in DC....he isn't. Not saying Sloman was.....but this reeks of making a change to be seen making a change.

I had no opinion of the outcome of the training camp battle, but I'd bet someone there was better.

Shit, toss Janikowski a couple bucks to kick indoors for a year and eat tacos. He's older than I am, but I'd bet he still has a leg....and still loves tacos. zuerlein wasnt innacurate enough to ditch him over what, a half a million bucks?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Forbath has a job right now. Ol' Sloman can't say the same.
Has absolutely nothing to do with Forbath being good, sorry you think so. Has to do with Sloman not being able to hold down the job he had first.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A sign of a good coach is not one who never makes mistakes, but one who is able to identify mistakes and do something about it.
Mistakes is pretty harsh, it wasnt a mistake. They didnt let Jason Tucker go for the guy for living sakes. But yes, its the Not For Long league and everyone has to earn their keep

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL no matter how many times you point out the definition of nepotism he keeps up. I bet he's a blast to laugh at during parties :D
"I've won at every level, except college and pro."
-Shaquille O'Neal, before winning an NBA title