(Poll) Goff or Wentz Part Deux. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do YOU want to draft as the Rams next franchise QB?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• These pretzels are making me thirsty

Results are only viewable after voting.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol. Not so close pal, youz making me nervous.

Let me reiterate. Wentz isn't anywhere near where Goff is as a passer and if it was say... the Cowboys drafting, then Goff is the pick. And he probably lights the league on fire.

But we have a defensive minded coach who lives in the Stone Age from an offensive perspective. A 31st ranked offense or whatever it ended up. And no real route running proven WR's or TE. Plus a very overrated (by Rams fans) Oline, at least in pass pro.

It would be Bradford all over again. Yes Goff may have greater mobility, pocket sense and be better under pressure but you have no one to throw to and a oline that is constantly breaking down.

I read something last year that showed Tom Brady averages 17 pts per game without Gronk (his only weapon) and 23 pts with Gronk.

If the Rams draft Goff where is the passing game support coming from? Not the draft the next two years.

You have a Pro Bowl running back in Gurley that fits the head coach philosophy, Tavon for the sweeps to keep the defense off balance. You don't add a true passer, you add a running QB, that can make some throws occasionally.

We are going to be akin to the Panthers or the Niners a few years back or Seattle with Wilson.

Run the ball, play tough Defense and let the QB run some more.

The fit is Wentz. And Goff may go on to have a great career with Philly.
This post sums up my feelings on the whole Goff v Wentz debate. Regardless of who we pick, I have very little faith in Fisher and his offense to bring the best out of our new QB. However, knowing the weaknesses and strengths we have, Wentz seems like the better fit and I can see him being more likely to win the close fought physical games that Fisher is known for.

TexasRam

Legend
This post sums up my feelings on the whole Goff v Wentz debate. Regardless of who we pick, I have very little faith in Fisher and his offense to bring the best out of our new QB. However, knowing the weaknesses and strengths we have, Wentz seems like the better fit and I can see him being more likely to win the close fought physical games that Fisher is known for.

If I am Jared Goff I might consider pulling an Eli Manning if the Rams draft me.

Think about the limits fisher puts on a talented passer like Goff, and what it could do to his career.

Your top two Wr's outside are both first day draft busts by all accounts in Britt and Quick. Your organization has tried for 10 years but failed to draft a pro bowl level Wr.

Your draft capital over the next two years is highly depleted.

Your LT is the worst pass protector in the NFL but we have to play him because he's a #2 pick with potential.

You will play in the NFC west 6 times a year against 3 of the best pass rushing MLB's in the game pounding the A gap against your 2nd worst lineman no namer Barnes.

Sorry kid all we got it lemons for a few years. Make some lemonade.

Yea no thanks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If I am Jared Goff I might consider pulling an Eli Manning if the Rams draft me.

Think about the limits fisher puts on a talented passer like Goff, and what it could do to his career.

Your top two Wr's outside are both first day draft busts by all accounts in Britt and Quick. Your organization has tried for 10 years but failed to draft a pro bowl level Wr.

Your draft capital over the next two years is highly depleted.

Your LT is the worst pass protector in the NFL but we have to play him because he's a #2 pick with potential.

You will play in the NFC west 6 times a year against 3 of the best pass rushing MLB's in the game pounding the A gap against your 2nd worst lineman no namer Barnes.

Sorry kid all we got it lemons for a few years. Make some lemonade.

Yea no thanks.

I8gj7tP.gif

TexasRam

Legend
Or maybe Fisher drafts Goff and Kroenke notices how talented he is and how unfit Fisher is for the new direction of the team.

And so Keonke tells Fish "Hey bud, thanks for all your great work here. We have a mismatch problem bud and your odd man out".

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
I will be happy with either unless the one the Rams take is a bust and especially if the other guy is a 15 year perennial winner.

I like the physical tools Wentz brings and envy a strong QB with attitude to drive the team.

I think Goff has good tools and the potential to be a good QB with someone else being the leading personality.

Wentz small school Goff accuracy over hyped a bit.

Pass the beer those pretzels are salty

This!!

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is a difference between being a quarterback and imitating the things that quarterbacks do. These 3 guys are seem more interested in winning football games than some of the other guys. Call it chip on the shoulder or whatever. They came to play.
I'm not going to engage in conversation with you. I'm not convinced you're not just trolling

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hes gonna be pissed that he was played when they draft Wentz
I get that you prefer Wentz but I don't get you be being willfully ignorant to things around you. Is it possible to the Rams shock the world and draft wentz..sure anythings possible. Would i put a Rouse past Snead...nope. those are all true and fair statements....but to sit here and act like you actually expect the pick to be wentz seems as if you're just projecting what you want to happen into your reality. You're contradicting a guy who spends time in the rams war room year after year and has proven to have inside sources. You're contradicting the most well connected man in football (schefter) you're contradicting the Philadelphia Eagles gm. And all you're basing any of this off is "I bet you the rams are playing everybody" or "come on would it really surprise you"

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
Or maybe Fisher drafts Goff and Kroenke notices how talented he is and how unfit Fisher is for the new direction of the team.

And so Keonke tells Fish "Hey bud, thanks for all your great work here. We have a mismatch problem bud and your odd man out".
this will happen sooner or later, just hoping it;s sooner
train
ps unless new OC can actually take over the offense

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I get that you prefer Wentz but I don't get you be being willfully ignorant to things around you. Is it possible to the Rams shock the world and draft wentz..sure anythings possible. Would i put a Rouse past Snead...nope. those are all true and fair statements....but to sit here and act like you actually expect the pick to be wentz seems as if you're just projecting what you want to happen into your reality. You're contradicting a guy who spends time in the rams war room year after year and had proven to have inside sources. You're contradicting the most well connected man in football (schefter) you're contradicting the Philadelphia Eagles gm. And all you're basing any of this off is "I bet you the rams are playing everybody" or "come on would it really surprise you"
Just wait and see, when they made the trade everyone was saying it was for Wentz and then slowly it kept getting leaked that it's gonna be Goff. Im telling you the nfl asked the rams to create some drama for this top pick. Wentz is a Fisher type of player, its gonna be Wentz. Could I be wrong? Yeah I could be totally wrong but I honestly believe this.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just wait and see, when they made the trade everyone was saying it was for Wentz and then slowly it kept getting leaked that it's gonna be Goff. Im telling you the nfl asked the rams to create some drama for this top pick. Wentz is a Fisher type of player, its gonna be Wentz. Could I be wrong? Yeah I could be totally wrong but I honestly believe this.
But heres the thing. It wasn't Unanimous that Wentz was the pick when the Rams made the trade...Schefter and Silver have always said Goff. Sources that said wentz to begin with have apologized for being fed bad information.

You're right, the Rams did leak information to create drama and to be talked about up until the draft but those inaccurate leaks were that they were unsure on who to pick or that Wentz was in the running.

You lose me when you say things like the NFL asked the rams to do this.. thats too conspiracy theorist for my liking. The Rams did this for the Rams. If you havent noticed, this benefited the rams more so than the nfl we were always gonna talk about the draft...we were doing so before the rams trade and would have continued to just like every year. But the rams made the entire conversation about them and decided to keep the spotlight by sending out mixed signals and not disclosing the pick.

The writing is on the wall dude. I just hope you havent convinced yourself of wentz so much that you will hold a grudge toward goff and the rams

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
I get that you prefer Wentz but I don't get you be being willfully ignorant to things around you. Is it possible to the Rams shock the world and draft wentz..sure anythings possible. Would i put a Rouse past Snead...nope. those are all true and fair statements....but to sit here and act like you actually expect the pick to be wentz seems as if you're just projecting what you want to happen into your reality. You're contradicting a guy who spends time in the rams war room year after year and had proven to have inside sources. You're contradicting the most well connected man in football (schefter) you're contradicting the Philadelphia Eagles gm. And all you're basing any of this off is "I bet you the rams are playing everybody" or "come on would it really surprise you"

Probably going to surprise NJRamFan, but I do agree with him on this point.

All signs point in Goffs direction.

BTW, that eventuality takes nothing away from Wentz.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably going to surprise NJRamFan, but I do agree with him on this point.

All signs point in Goffs direction.

BTW, that eventuality takes nothing away from Wentz.
Ok this is the last time ill weigh in on this specific topic because i dont believe its going anywhere.

You say you "Agree with him on this point" which point is that? That everyone one of these guys with actual inside sources is getting played? I dont believe you actually agree with that point. I believe like others you want it to be true and have convinced yourself it is. "Hey you cant tell me how I feel" is the inevitable reaction my statement will generate but bear with me. Lets play this scenario out. Please explain to me why this scenario is a reality in your mind. I dont want to hear "would it surprise you". I dont want to hear "im telling you bro" I dont want to hear "just watch". Those are not realistic viewpoints those are your hopes.

I dont want to hear how YOU feel wentz is a better quarterback or better fit to the offense...thats irrelevant to this topic.

Lets take this a step further lets pretend youre face to face with mike silver he says " hey bruce trittin or @tahoe my inside sources are telling me that the rams are definately selecting Jared Goff." you respond "youre getting played mike all your sources are lying to you." HOW would you back that statement up when he asks why you think that????

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
Ok this is the last time ill weigh in on this specific topic because i dont believe its going anywhere.

You say you "Agree with him on this point" which point is that? That everyone one of these guys with actual inside sources is getting played? I dont believe you actually agree with that point. I believe like others you want it to be true and have convinced yourself it is. "Hey you cant tell me how I feel" is the inevitable reaction my statement will generate but bear with me. Lets play this scenario out. Please explain to me why this scenario is a reality in your mind. I dont want to hear "would it surprise you". I dont want to hear "im telling you bro" I dont want to hear "just watch". Those are not realistic viewpoints those are your hopes.

I dont want to hear how YOU feel wentz is a better quarterback or better fit to the offense...thats irrelevant to this topic.

Lets take this a step further lets pretend youre face to face with mike silver he says " hey bruce trittin or @tahoe my inside sources are telling me that the rams are definately selecting Jared Goff." you respond "youre getting played mike all your sources are lying to you." HOW would you back that statement up when he asks why you think that????
NJRamFan.

Let me clarify. I agree with you!!

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I apologize for the confusion!! I am however laughing
We may disagree on things, but I really respect your thoughts and I learn from you.
On this I completely agree.
Hahaha whoops now I feel like a jerk..Mis read what you wrote apologies buddy

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You have a Pro Bowl running back in Gurley that fits the head coach philosophy, Tavon for the sweeps to keep the defense off balance. You don't add a true passer, you add a running QB, that can make some throws occasionally.

We are going to be akin to the Panthers or the Niners a few years back or Seattle with Wilson.
Interesting I don't recall Fisher saying this was going to be the focus of our offense in 2016 and we were going that way.

To put it another way. If Goff is the pick he really will have to be the next Peyton Manning because it will take that level of player to turn our offense around with the lack of WR's Oline and system we currently have in place, with little room in Free Agency or the draft to add much help in the next few years.

Interesting conjecture on your part.

As for Fishers thoughts on a Manning type QB I'll leave this video on my way out of this thread and probably off the boards until 5pm PST tomorrow night.