(Poll) Goff or Wentz Part Deux. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do YOU want to draft as the Rams next franchise QB?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• These pretzels are making me thirsty

Results are only viewable after voting.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In my opinion we should have not traded up if we choose Goff. I instead would have drafted best available QB at 15. Wentz's potential upside is the only reason to go number 1, and even that is a bit of a long shot. I will support whomever we pick, but I see issues with Goff that does not warrant a "sell the farm" approach. I believe Wentz is closer to taking NFL snaps than Goff. Goff's going to be in harms way with our suspect O-line, and his frail stature and fumbilitis. He fumbled twice on the same play against Oregon. Frankly, Sean Mannion might be better than Goff, and we already have him. Trading up only makes sense if this guy is a game changer. I hope whomever we choose is a legit gamer. Go Rams! Go Wentz.

Name
Craig Bowl
In my opinion we should have not traded up if we choose Goff. I instead would have drafted best available QB at 15. Wentz's potential upside is the only reason to go number 1, and even that is a bit of a long shot. I will support whomever we pick, but I see issues with Goff that does not warrant a "sell the farm" approach. I believe Wentz is closer to taking NFL snaps than Goff. Goff's going to be in harms way with our suspect O-line, and his frail stature and fumbilitis. He fumbled twice on the same play against Oregon. Frankly, Sean Mannion might be better than Goff, and we already have him. Trading up only makes sense if this guy is a game changer. I hope whomever we choose is a legit gamer. Go Rams! Go Wentz.
completely agree

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
You're dead wrong about the part "it would be Bradford all over again"

Goff is coming into a way better situation, RB, young and up coming O-line....Shirley you can acknowledge this
He can't, and quit calling him Shirley....

Sorry, I couldn't help it:rolllaugh:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
but I see issues with Goff that does not warrant a "sell the farm" approach
Such as?
Wentz's potential upside is the only reason to go number 1.
I can say the same of Goff
I believe Wentz is closer to taking NFL snaps than Goff..
Based on what? The fact that he played under center in 24% of his snaps. The fact that he took 900 + snaps fewer than goff? Or the fact he played against lesser competition? Even the Eagles dissagree with you here they don't believe wentz is ready to play
Goff's going to be in harms way with our suspect O-line, .
Our front office and many here disagree our o line is suspect. They (and I) see a young talented blossoming group. The growth of our o line was apparent last year even with key injuries. But let's say you are right wouldn't wentz be subjected to the same harm? Are you under the impression his 4.77 40 time and let me bowl over these high school sized kids mentality is going to protect him? If anything it will subject him to more injury. Those extra few pounds will not protect his knees or prevent concussions
and his frail stature
Goff is skinny no doubt (not much skinnier than Brady or Rodgers coming in but I digress) frail is defined as weak and delicate. How can you apply that definition to a guy who played 3 years behind a horrible o line against top competition and never missed time but rather flourished under pressure? It was wentz that missed half a season not goff. Against less competition at that.
Sean Mannion might be better than Goff.
I'm sorry WHAT???? This is based on absolutely nothing and is a ludicrous statement. Unless you're literally just saying its within the realm of possibility. In which case Sean Mannion might be better than Carson Wentz

Man you Wentz guys are really starting to grasp for things that aren't there. First I see an article complaining Goff eats pizza....now this bs. Hurry up draft I can't take much more of this

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
There's too much spin coming out of both camps here for me......Of course it might well start all over again from the guys who will be crushed (and really pissed off)...There will be some seriously interesting comments after the pick, I think..Can hardly happen soon enough for me...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
There's too much spin coming out of both camps here for me......Of course it might well start all over again from the guys who will be crushed (and really pissed off)...There will be some seriously interesting comments after the pick, I think..Can hardly happen soon enough for me...

I see no reason for anyone to be crushed or pissed off irrespective of who we take. We WILL get a damn good QB.

Name
Craig Bowl
I'm not going to engage in conversation with you. I'm not convinced you're not just trolling
I am mostly a fan of the FCS kids. Wentz and Vernon Adams.

I think Wentz is the best fit for the Rams. I was excited by the chance to start early. By the strong defense. By the All-Pro Gurley. Wentz would have a chance to shine and early with this team. Playoffs a cinch.

But I have about changed my mind. I have had all the advanced pocket presence, footwork, and polish that I can handle that is the mighty Goff. You can have him. Take him he's yours.

I am at this point more interested in seeing Wentz received by the very enthusiastic fans of the Eagles. Flacco was recently interviewed and talked about what a terrific opportunity it would be for the kid to turn around a team like that. I agree. A better career is available elsewhere than L.A. where the enthusiasm is tepid and the fans seem more interested in the guy that looks like Gosling.

Goff is yours.

And btw I sincerely believe that Vernon Adams is his equal or better. You might peruse an article in "niners nation" entitled The Confidence of Vernon Adams.

To those that say the different levels are not easily transitive consider Vernon. He played at FCS Eastern Washington. (Who ever heard of Eastern Washington?) In 2013 he put up 49 points to beat Oregon State. A few weeks later Oregon State played Goff and the Cal bears and beat them 49-17. No doubt in my mind Vernon and Eastern Washington (who??!!) would have handed Goff his ass that year. And the next year. And then he did in 2015.

He then transferred to Oregon to replace Mariotta, new system, coaches, FBS division, etc. and proceeded to beat most everybody who is anybody in the Pac-12. Usually putting up superior numbers.

From the earlier referenced article:

"They faced each other head to head on November 7th, a game I wrote about here. Goff struggled in the rainy conditions; his line was 18-41 for 329 yards, 2 TDs and an interception against a Duck team not known for its secondary. Cal was behind 31-10 at halftime so he had lots of chances to huck it up, but Goff's accuracy and attitude were both weak. Adams was 17-29 for 300 yards, 4 TDs and 2 INTs."

Yes I will take Wentz and Adams every day of the week. they are gamers who came play and came to win.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I didn't follow your arguments too close. A lot of threads and I sort of Cherry picked the arguments of random posters.

I came to these conclusions after watching the press conference yesterday where Snead emphasized that "scheme and coaching fit" were hugely in play. I guess you beat me to the punch if that's been your point.

I just have no confidence whatsoever that Fisher is willing to depart from his ball control, field position mentality. And I honestly think at this stage of his career that Fisher knows he can't develop a QB or put together the pieces to create a real pass game. He knows one way to win and sees it working right now in the NFL. It may mean passing on the next Drew Brees (but taller). But his ass is on the line at this point and he knows he knows how to implement Fisher ball.

Well, that's why I initially thought Wentz and why I agree with you.

However, it seems he's going with Goff... and why I see it as a huge mistake.

As we both independently put it... (great minds think alike?) "trying to fit a square peg into a round hole"

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I think Wentz is the best fit for the Rams. I was excited by the chance to start early. By the strong defense. By the All-Pro Gurley. Wentz would have a chance to shine and early with this team. Playoffs a cinch.

But I have about changed my mind. I have had all the advanced pocket presence, footwork, and polish that I can handle that is the mighty Goff. You can have him. Take him he's yours.

I am at this point more interested in seeing Wentz received by the very enthusiastic fans of the Eagles. Flacco was recently interviewed and talked about what a terrific opportunity it would be for the kid to turn around a team like that. I agree. A better career is available elsewhere than L.A. where the enthusiasm is tepid and the fans seem more interested in the guy that looks like Gosling.

Goff is yours.

And btw I sincerely believe that Vernon Adams is his equal or better. You might peruse an article in "niners nation" entitled The Confidence of Vernon Adams.

To those that say the different levels are not easily transitive consider Vernon. He played at FCS Eastern Washington. (Who ever heard of Eastern Washington?) In 2013 he put up 49 points to beat Oregon State. A few weeks later Oregon State played Goff and the Cal bears and beat them 49-17. No doubt in my mind Vernon and Eastern Washington (who??!!) would have handed Goff his ass that year. And the next year. And then he did in 2015.

He then transferred to Oregon to replace Mariotta, new system, coaches, FBS division, etc. and proceeded to beat most everybody who is anybody in the Pac-12. Usually putting up superior numbers.

"They faced each other head to head on November 7th, a game I wrote about here. Goff struggled in the rainy conditions; his line was 18-41 for 329 yards, 2 TDs and an interception against a Duck team not known for its secondary. Cal was behind 31-10 at halftime so he had lots of chances to huck it up, but Goff's accuracy and attitude were both weak. Adams was 17-29 for 300 yards, 4 TDs and 2 INTs."

Yes I will take Wentz and Adams every day of the week. they are gamers who came play and came to win.

But, but, but...he threw in the rain at a workout in gym clothes and looked great!

That trumps actual game play in poor weather, right?..... right?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Goff is yours.

OK. See ya later. Enjoy philly.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But, but, but...he threw in the rain at a workout in gym clothes and looked great!

That trumps actual game play in poor weather, right?..... right?
You do realize the workout warrior in this situation is wentz right?

Goff solidified his status at the combine and off season workouts. Wentz greatly elevated his status. (Seems like someone does the same at the underwear Olympics every year)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
:wow:I just Changed my Vote, :yess: .... "The Pretzels are getting to me"!!:ROFLMAO::flanders:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Goff is yours.

So let me get this straight you're holding Goffs one int game in bad weather on the road in conference yet bragging about Adams who threw two into against that horrible Cal defense at home? It's also pure comedy your exaggeration about Eastern Washington while talking about how great it was for Flacco and Wentz to play for smaller schools. Pathetic hit job man be better than this.

Name
Craig Bowl
So let me get this straight you're holding Goffs one int game in bad weather on the road in conference yet bragging about Adams who threw two into against that horrible Cal defense at home? It's also pure comedy your exaggeration about Eastern Washington while talking about how great it was for Flacco and Wentz to play for smaller schools. Pathetic hit job man be better than this.
no, I don't recall saying most of that. your comprehension could use a little tuning.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
You do realize the workout warrior in this situation is wentz right?

Goff solidified his status at the combine and off season workouts. Wentz greatly elevated his status. (Seems like someone does the same at the underwear Olympics every year)

Who said anything about workout warrior?

Goff's history of play in poor weather is just bad. What seemed to really impress Snead and Fisher was that he did a workout in the rain.

I dunno. Seems if we are to be consistent and give workouts minimal effect, then we are left with Goff, the player, as someone who's played poorly in inclement weather.

That just...IS.

Now, because people want to cheerlead for Goff, now all of a sudden, certain workouts are awesome and count extra and other don't?

/shrug... Okay. That's consistent and logical.....

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who said anything about workout warrior?

Goff's history of play in poor weather is just bad. What seemed to really impress Snead and Fisher was that he did a workout in the rain.

I dunno. Seems if we are to be consistent and give workouts minimal effect, then we are left with Goff, the player, as someone who's played poorly in inclement weather.

That just...IS.

Now, because people want to cheerlead for Goff, now all of a sudden, certain workouts are awesome and count extra and other don't?

/shrug... Okay. That's consistent and logical.....
I took it that the workout in the rain solidified what they saw and alleviated concerns they may or may not have had about goffs hand size/performance in bad weather. I don't think it was end all be all by any means

I was simply pointing out if you complain about them putting too much stock in a workout that more directly would apply to wentz as he has much less tape and elevated his draft status much more than goff. Goff was arguably the top quarterback coming into the year based on play on the field. He confirmed that belief with what he did on the field. Wentz wasn't in the conversation back then. His senior bowl, combine, pro day and private workouts helped him immensely. Not to say wentz wasn't impressive on the field but he had much more to prove when the senior bowl rolled around if he would have been a dud at the senior bowl he wouldn't be in the conversation everyone would have claimed he couldn't do it against tougher competition. I'll give wentz credit he killed it all offseason which put him into the discussion at one but to complain about too much stock being put into an offseason workout and simultaneously support wentz seems contradictory....imo of course

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
What you're saying is why Goff was ALWAYS the choice. I think they wanted to look at him and I think that they definitely worked him out based on his Senior Bowl early like with Goff, just to cover the bases, but yeah, Goff was ALWAYS the guy and they started the process to move up for Goff. It was always for Goff.

My point was that one workout in the rain doesn't mean he's all of a sudden an awesome player in the rain any more than an awesome pro day makes a QB an accurate passer (JaMarcus Russell???).

But, yeah, I actually think they DID put quite a bit of stock in that workout. I'd wager he looked great in the rain which they were hoping. And he did and they high-fived or knuckle-bumped or whatever middle-aged white guys do now, checked off the last box and still went through the rest of the due diligence because... you have to...knowing that Goff was always "the guy".

I agree that Wentz improved his stock immensely thus far. I think he was farther along that you or I think or the Rams wouldn't have chosen him to work out along side Goff. It would have been Lynch or Cook or someone else if they hadn't been following him which, apparently they were during the Senior Bowl, which means prior to the Senior Bowl.