(Poll) Goff or Wentz Part Deux. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do YOU want to draft as the Rams next franchise QB?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• These pretzels are making me thirsty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Name
Craig Bowl
One of the local radio stations I think.
Can you please post where Warner said Wentz is the best pick, the last I heard he said to go with Goff who was more polished because he was tired of hearing about potential? I'd be curios to see why he changed his opinion.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
As far as Warner changing his mind and preferring Wentz, did you ever find a source to share? I've looked and haven't found anything.
I did not, however, two others on the forum referenced the same thing in the last few days, so I wasn't off base.

Name
Chris
I did not, however, two others on the forum referenced the same thing in the last few days, so I wasn't off base.
I can't find any info on it and I've now seen it in other forums after it was posted here. I could be wrong but I'm thinking it didn't happen.

Name
Craig Bowl
Interview on NFL sirius I think. Supposedly now Warner thinks Wentz's football intelligence puts him over the top as best pick. (as if his physical gifts were incidental.)
I can't find any info on it and I've now seen it in other forums after it was posted here. I could be wrong but I'm thinking it didn't happen.

TexasRam

Legend
Casablanca---for-web.png

Lol. Not so close pal, youz making me nervous.

Let me reiterate. Wentz isn't anywhere near where Goff is as a passer and if it was say... the Cowboys drafting, then Goff is the pick. And he probably lights the league on fire.

But we have a defensive minded coach who lives in the Stone Age from an offensive perspective. A 31st ranked offense or whatever it ended up. And no real route running proven WR's or TE. Plus a very overrated (by Rams fans) Oline, at least in pass pro.

It would be Bradford all over again. Yes Goff may have greater mobility, pocket sense and be better under pressure but you have no one to throw to and a oline that is constantly breaking down.

I read something last year that showed Tom Brady averages 17 pts per game without Gronk (his only weapon) and 23 pts with Gronk.

If the Rams draft Goff where is the passing game support coming from? Not the draft the next two years.

You have a Pro Bowl running back in Gurley that fits the head coach philosophy, Tavon for the sweeps to keep the defense off balance. You don't add a true passer, you add a running QB, that can make some throws occasionally.

We are going to be akin to the Panthers or the Niners a few years back or Seattle with Wilson.

Run the ball, play tough Defense and let the QB run some more.

The fit is Wentz. And Goff may go on to have a great career with Philly.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Let me reiterate. Wentz isn't anywhere near where Goff is as a passer and if it was say... the Cowboys drafting, then Goff is the pick. And he probably lights the league on fire.

But we have a defensive minded coach who lives in the Stone Age from an offensive perspective. A 31st ranked offense or whatever it ended up. And no real route running proven WR's or TE. Plus a very overrated (by Rams fans) Oline, at least in pass pro.

It would be Bradford all over again. Yes Goff may have greater mobility, pocket sense and be better under pressure but you have no one to throw to and a oline that is constantly breaking down.

I read something last year that showed Tom Brady averages 17 pts per game without Gronk (his only weapon) and 23 pts with Gronk.

If the Rams draft Goff where is the passing game support coming from? Not the draft the next two years.

You have a Pro Bowl running back in Gurley that fits the head coach philosophy, Tavon for the sweeps to keep the defense off balance. You don't add a true passer, you add a running QB, that can make some throws occasionally.

We are going to be akin to the Panthers or the Niners a few years back or Seattle with Wilson.

I agree with your Pick! And I refuse to be Touted off my Pick, at this late date, just because everyone is "Jumping on the Band wagon" and searching for reason support their argument, " It has to be Goff"!!;)

TexasRam

Legend
T
I agree with your Pick! And I refuse to be Touted off my Pick, at this late date, just because everyone is "Jumping on the Band wagon" and searching for reason support their argument, " It has to be Goff"!!;)

To put it another way. If Goff is the pick he really will have to be the next Peyton Manning because it will take that level of player to turn our offense around with the lack of WR's Oline and system we currently have in place, with little room in Free Agency or the draft to add much help in the next few years.

Name
Chris
Interview on NFL sirius I think. Supposedly now Warner thinks Wentz's football intelligence puts him over the top as best pick. (as if his physical gifts were incidental.)

Yes but has anyone heard it, everything goes into podcasts now or is quoted via Twitter or some other media. I could be wrong but I think this was inaccurately posted and now people are quoting it. All I could find was Warner on a local Philly station, he spoke highly of wentz but there was nothing around he should be on the rams. I'm just curious as to the logic of what he said.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm not sure why so many people compare goff to matt Ryan.

Goff looks cool. Ryan looks like a nerd.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Immediately after the trade there was a show on NFL network where Warner was one of three guys visiting the host (I can't recall the host) and each was answered who the Rams should pick. Warner when asked first said Wentz. I don't have a video or an article I know I saw it the night the trade was announced.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

You're dead wrong about the part "it would be Bradford all over again"

Goff is coming into a way better situation, RB, young and up coming O-line....Shirley you can acknowledge this

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I walked in today and there was a disgusting odor..I quickly found the source...Seems it was the decomposing carcass of a horse that had been beaten to death...I believe I'll let this topic alone until the name is called, because after that there will be plenty of good reading when the shit hits the fan from both sides of this discussion...Hold on, I think it's gonna be fun here for a while...

Name
Craig Bowl
It seems really really important to you.

The first I ran across it was on the laramsfans.com board by a poster named ncromwell21 on the "Game Manager or Game Changer" post. I didn't hear it myself but he sounded resolute. Contact him if it is important.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
T

To put it another way. If Goff is the pick he really will have to be the next Peyton Manning because it will take that level of player to turn our offense around with the lack of WR's Oline and system we currently have in place, with little room in Free Agency or the draft to add much help in the next few years.
I just can't agree with this at all!

Name
Chris
Immediately after the trade there was a show on NFL network where Warner was one of three guys visiting the host (I can't recall the host) and each was answered who the Rams should pick. Warner when asked first said Wentz. I don't have a video or an article I know I saw it the night the trade was announced.
OK so with your input now I'm not curious as to what Warner's logic is, it sounds like Warner is all over the place, here is a video of him going with Goff but it sounds like he's going back and forth like a lot of others are :) thanks for you feedback much appreciated.

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...-chooses-between-carson-wentz-and-jared-goff/

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Pretty much been my point all along.

And don't worry, Tex... I won't stand too close. (y)

TexasRam

Legend
Pretty much been my point all along.

And don't worry, Tex... I won't stand too close. (y)

I didn't follow your arguments too close. A lot of threads and I sort of Cherry picked the arguments of random posters.

I came to these conclusions after watching the press conference yesterday where Snead emphasized that "scheme and coaching fit" were hugely in play. I guess you beat me to the punch if that's been your point.

I just have no confidence whatsoever that Fisher is willing to depart from his ball control, field position mentality. And I honestly think at this stage of his career that Fisher knows he can't develop a QB or put together the pieces to create a real pass game. He knows one way to win and sees it working right now in the NFL. It may mean passing on the next Drew Brees (but taller). But his ass is on the line at this point and he knows he knows how to implement Fisher ball.