Patriots Aaron Hernandez questioned for murder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
X said:
iced said:
unless you're the albino... (wonder if anyone gets this reference)

Banshee

Beat me by a few. That albino dude got what he deserved in the end though.
That was a decent way to kill someone too. Drop a 45 lb plate on their head while it's draped over a curl bar?

lol. Who comes up with this shit?

nighttrain

Legend
iced said:
Stranger said:
exactly. no one gave me any rights, i was born with the power to do whatever i please so long as i dont infringe on anyone else power to do the same. this whole notion of rights is misleading and falsely limiting, but unfortunately taught that way in our educational institutions.

Poor choice of words - but saying that the way you guys are interpretting "given" out of context is an understatement (which is why I said in response when asked what i meant, don't take my post there)
A lot of brave men fought and died so we have these rights, they are not to be taken lightly, and to my thinking, every citizen of our country has a duty, to himself and others, to stand firm on these rights
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Authorities reportedly issued an arrest warrant for New England Patriots’ tight end Aaron Hernandez, a source told MyFoxBoston.com.

The warrant reportedly was issued Friday morning for obstruction of justice, MyFoxBoston.com reports.

Massachusetts authorities combed an industrial park in North Attleboro, Mass., Thursday in an apparent search for evidence in the killing of a semi-pro football player within a mile from the home of Hernandez.

Hernandez, 23, appears to be directly tied to the homicide, MyFoxBoston.com reports, citing an unnamed law enforcement source. On Tuesday, authorities executed a warrant and searched the star’s $1.3 million home.

The body of the victim, Odin Lloyd, 27, who played football for the Boston Bandits, was discovered after a night out with Hernandez and two other men, the source told the station.

The four men left in a car together, driven at one point by Hernandez, but only three men returned to Hernandez’s home at the end of the night, and Lloyd was not one of them, the source told the station.

Sources told MyFoxBoston.com that there is video evidence of Hernandez and two other men wearing hooded sweatshirts walking into Hernandez’s home within minutes of neighbors hearing gunshots between 3 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.
The hard drive of Hernandez’s home surveillance system was heavily damaged when state police arrived at his home, MyFoxBoston.com reported.

Police say they are searching for a silver mirror cover which is believed to have been broken off a vehicle and may be visible along a route of travel between Dorchester and North Attleboro.

No suspects have been named in the homicide and neither Hernandez nor his lawyers have addressed the media.
Police have issued an alert for a silver Chrysler 300 rental car with Rhode Island registration that may have a connection to the homicide. A 2013 Chevrolet Suburban rented in Hernandez’s name emerged as a key piece of evidence in the investigation.

MyFoxBoston.com confirmed Hernandez has hired a lawyer and is being represented by Ropes & Gray.
Hernandez, a University of Florida graduate and native of Bristol, Conn., was drafted by the Patriots in 2010. He had five touchdowns for the Pats during the 2012 season. He reportedly is also the subject of a lawsuit alleging he shot a man at a Miami strip club in February.

Florida police reportedly closed the case without filing charges after investigating the incident.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/21/authorities-reportedly-issue-arrest-warrant-for-patriots-hernandez-for/#ixzz2WrFOzdMp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/21/au ... z2WrFOzdMp</a>

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Authorities reportedly issued an arrest warrant for New England Patriots’ tight end Aaron Hernandez, a source told MyFoxBoston.com.

The warrant reportedly was issued Friday morning for obstruction of justice, MyFoxBoston.com reports.

Massachusetts authorities combed an industrial park in North Attleboro, Mass., Thursday in an apparent search for evidence in the killing of a semi-pro football player within a mile from the home of Hernandez.

Hernandez, 23, appears to be directly tied to the homicide, MyFoxBoston.com reports, citing an unnamed law enforcement source. On Tuesday, authorities executed a warrant and searched the star’s $1.3 million home.

The body of the victim, Odin Lloyd, 27, who played football for the Boston Bandits, was discovered after a night out with Hernandez and two other men, the source told the station.

The four men left in a car together, driven at one point by Hernandez, but only three men returned to Hernandez’s home at the end of the night, and Lloyd was not one of them, the source told the station.

Sources told MyFoxBoston.com that there is video evidence of Hernandez and two other men wearing hooded sweatshirts walking into Hernandez’s home within minutes of neighbors hearing gunshots between 3 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.
The hard drive of Hernandez’s home surveillance system was heavily damaged when state police arrived at his home, MyFoxBoston.com reported.

Police say they are searching for a silver mirror cover which is believed to have been broken off a vehicle and may be visible along a route of travel between Dorchester and North Attleboro.

No suspects have been named in the homicide and neither Hernandez nor his lawyers have addressed the media.
Police have issued an alert for a silver Chrysler 300 rental car with Rhode Island registration that may have a connection to the homicide. A 2013 Chevrolet Suburban rented in Hernandez’s name emerged as a key piece of evidence in the investigation.

MyFoxBoston.com confirmed Hernandez has hired a lawyer and is being represented by Ropes & Gray.
Hernandez, a University of Florida graduate and native of Bristol, Conn., was drafted by the Patriots in 2010. He had five touchdowns for the Pats during the 2012 season. He reportedly is also the subject of a lawsuit alleging he shot a man at a Miami strip club in February.

Florida police reportedly closed the case without filing charges after investigating the incident.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/21/authorities-reportedly-issue-arrest-warrant-for-patriots-hernandez-for/#ixzz2WrFOzdMp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/21/au ... z2WrFOzdMp</a>
NOT A RELATIVE ,or at least not one "I know of" :ww:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hernandez and Lloyd were dating sisters. I wonder if there was something involving that that caused Hernandez and the others to murder him.

These guys hopefully pay a heavy price. Does Massivetwoshits have the death penalty?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
Hernandez and Lloyd were dating sisters. I wonder if there was something involving that that caused Hernandez and the others to murder him.

These guys hopefully pay a heavy price. Does Massivetwoshits have the death penalty?
You spelled taxa chewsets wrong

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
iced said:
Stranger said:
exactly. no one gave me any rights, i was born with the power to do whatever i please so long as i dont infringe on anyone else power to do the same. this whole notion of rights is misleading and falsely limiting, but unfortunately taught that way in our educational institutions.

Poor choice of words - but saying that the way you guys are interpretting "given" out of context is an understatement (which is why I said in response when asked what i meant, don't take my post there)
Yeah, I posted this before I saw your comment about "don't take my post there".

When I say "no one gave me any rights" I am attempting to stress that my rights are inalienable, and therefore do not come from another man, a government, or anything else man made. They come from God, and even I can't give them up or let anyone take them away, because the rights come from a higher power not of this earth. It's a beautiful system.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
nighttrain said:
iced said:
Stranger said:

A lot of brave men fought and died so we have these rights, they are not to be taken lightly, and to my thinking, every citizen of our country has a duty, to himself and others, to stand firm on these rights
train
Great point. I would just reword it slightly. Instead of saying "A lot of brave men fought and died so we have these rights", I would say A lot of brave men fought and died to prevent others from infringing on our God given rights.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The arrest warrant is for obstruction of justice it seems. Stupid stupid.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
LosAngelesRams said:
Hes going to get off on it, just a gut feeling.
Well IMA say the guy whose suing him was being paid off to shut up about it and prolly Hernandez decided to quit paying so they guy filed suit.
FWIW good chance HE ends up a witness in this new case and payments that would resume without a settlement would constitute bribery so JMO ,Aaron has his teet in a ringer he may not be able to extricate himself from .
BUT there's always the chewbakka defense

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwdba9C2G14[/youtube]

My advice to Hernandez ,find a bloody glove

bluecoconuts

Legend
Is someone suing him? Apparently the Pats are distancing themselves from him too, and he's barred from their facilities.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Thordaddy said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Hes going to get off on it, just a gut feeling.
Well IMA say the guy whose suing him was being paid off to shut up about it and prolly Hernandez decided to quit paying so they guy filed suit.
FWIW good chance HE ends up a witness in this new case and payments that would resume without a settlement would constitute bribery so JMO ,Aaron has his teet in a ringer he may not be able to extricate himself from .
BUT there's always the chewbakka defense

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwdba9C2G14[/youtube]

My advice to Hernandez ,find a bloody glove

Lol the chewbakka defense... that was pretty funny.

there is so much pointing to him doing it or at least knowing what happen.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
Just wondering ... what's the difference between not incriminating yourself and destroying evidence?

If Hernandez is guilty I don't want him getting off. And yet, his home surveillance equipment and cell phone are his possessions. It was quite artless of him to be so blatant about the destruction. Makes him really look bad. BUT I wonder if I wouldn't have done something similar in the same situation. More subtly of course.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ram Quixote said:
bluecoconuts said:
Just wondering ... what's the difference between not incriminating yourself and destroying evidence?

If Hernandez is guilty I don't want him getting off. And yet, his home surveillance equipment and cell phone are his possessions. It was quite artless of him to be so blatant about the destruction. Makes him really look bad. BUT I wonder if I wouldn't have done something similar in the same situation. More subtly of course.

Not incriminating yourself is something like being careful what you say and having a lawyer to make sure you don't, etc... Not giving permission to police to look around if they don't have a warrant... Destroying evidence is essentially destroying anything that can be used in court... Security tapes and pictures/texts/phones and having people clean the house from any possible DNA or fingerprints get in the way of police investigations is different.. Similar to cleaning up a crime scene after a murder... It gets in the way of police painting a picture about what happened.

That's what I've heard he did anyway, but reports are kind of iffy now... Media isn't doing that good of a job (as usual for them) of getting things out.. If he did indeed destroy his homes security tapes/cellphone, and had cleaners go through the house, then it's pretty obvious he's hiding something big. However without evidence it's hard to convict. Honestly he could be guilty and his lawyers told him if he did that he'd get an obstruction of justice charge and due to his status/money it would probably result in very minimal (if any) jail time, probation and a fine.... Which is much better than several years for murder or being an accomplice.. Who knows though...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ram Quixote said:
bluecoconuts said:

A gun can be a possession and be used in a robbery and it become evidence because it was used in a crime. The phone and surveillance equipment have info that can be used to potentially prove a crime was committed and tampering with them is a crime in and of itself. I believe the law views those two things the same way essentially. Part of the crime and investigation of the crime. They will be tacking on some additional obstruction of justice charges as well.

I'd guess there are fines and probably a year in jail for each charge. Probably somewhere around the type of fines and punishment for perjury I'd suppose.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Court clerk: No arrest warrant issued for Aaron Hernandez
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/06/21/tight-end-aaron-hernandez-homicide/2441631/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... e/2441631/</a>

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
bluecoconuts said:
Is someone suing him? Apparently the Pats are distancing themselves from him too, and he's barred from their facilities.
Wow, the Patriots really stick their neck out for their "family" when their in trouble. Who know, maybe the guy is actually innocent, or even being setup?