Patriots Aaron Hernandez questioned for murder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
iced said:
If your nose is clean there's no reason to worry anyway
This is so incorrect and I hate it when I read this crap because it tries to play off the idea everyone is honest and there isn't any corrupt cops - go read one of my first few posts about the guy who gets pulled over w/ his girlfriend in the car and they planted a roach in his trunk. Yea he refused, and yea he was clean - subsequently, he was later released and charges were dropped..but his nose was clean, and he had plenty to worry about... And it's not uncommon at all for a cop to lie in reports or to get a warrant... shit you better chance of finding a hooker that likes you for personality

Gotta agree with Iced on this one. I have nothing to hide but if a cop came to my door and wanted to search my house, or even come inside while on duty, I would not allow it without a proper warrant. And if he insisted, or had a warrant and "my nose was clean", I'd certainly be worried.

iced

RamFan503 said:
iced said:
I agree 100%. But I look at it not just at restricting gov't and checks and balances, but it's a given RIGHT - we have, The RIGHT, to do so. That's my perception of it.

What do you mean by "given" right? As in someone GAVE us those rights?

Lol no. Don't take my post there lol

iced

More from the old man (Lawyer) -

Even on those searches you were mentioning blue coconut where they could only go to a specific area, they sometimes still do go through other parts of the house...and that's where it's important to not 'just cooperate' - if you let them search and they find something where they aren't supposed to search that they think they can use against you, not cooperating would have that ruled as an illegal search and seizure. You let them in? Good luck.

By the way, straight from him - "Cops lie through their teeth to the judges to get warrants. It's such an unbiased system, there's no cross examination of the cop." - I thought this was a GREAT point.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
by Mike Florio

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dez-destroyed-cell-phone-surveillance-system/

Tom Curran was on to something.

The CSN New England Patriots reporter hinted on Wednesday at the possibility tight end Aaron Hernandez or other witnesses destroyed their cell phones. According to a new report from ABC, police contend Hernandez did.

Specifically, Hernandez according to ABC gave his cellular phone to the authorities “in pieces.”

Per ABC, Hernandez also allegedly destroyed the surveillance system at his home. The system included video captured by cameras. (Not to be confused with video captured by something other than a camera. Which would be very impressive.)

Police also are curious as to why a team of house cleaners (possibly led by Harvey Keitel) were hired to “scrub” the mansion where Hernandez lives on Monday.

The ABC report contains a sliver of good news for Hernandez. Despite a report from SI.com that Hernandez is “likely” to be arrested, ABC characterizes Hernandez as somewhat farther from doing a perp walk. For now.

“He [Hernandez] has not been ruled out,” a police official told ABC. “We are not calling him a suspect, but he is definitely not in the clear.”

Still, none of it looks good for Hernandez, especially since there are multiple crimes with which he could be charged short of being accused of pulling the trigger. And the alleged destruction of cell phone and video evidence suggests that he believes he had something to hide.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
iced said:
RamFan503 said:
iced said:
I agree 100%. But I look at it not just at restricting gov't and checks and balances, but it's a given RIGHT - we have, The RIGHT, to do so. That's my perception of it.

Lol no. Don't take my post there lol

Whew! :sly:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just posted earlier today on the Herd that I wonder if this is a Jayson Williams type of situation if you guys remember that mess.

iced

nighttrain said:
X said:
Might be time to pick up Hoomanawanui in your fantasy league.
He's the next man up.
And wouldn't that be sumpin...
train

Imagine how fantasy drafts are gonna go now..

"Your turn - who you taken"
"I'll take Hooman- how do you say this name? Screw it lets call him Yoohoo"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wow I just read an article on ESPN that described the shooting as "execution style".

Whoa

Psycho_X

Legend
LesBaker said:
Psycho_X said:
Aaron Hernandez's biggest fan today.... Tim Tebow. All though I'm waiting for someone to say the line, "So how does Aaron Hernandez's current situation affect Tim Tebow going forward?"

All Tebow is saying to the media is that he is very excited for the opportunity that Hernandez has to clear his name and he is excited to be working with him to learn exciting new things he can do to make the Patriots offense even more exciting than ever!!!

Yeah yaknow the talking heads will be speculating that someone killed this guy to get Hernandez in trouble so Tebow can get a shot at another position he can't play. It's just a matter of time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWILhrSzw5o[/youtube]

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LesBaker said:
Wow I just read an article on ESPN that described the shooting as "execution style".

Whoa

Cops supposedly returned after Hernandez destroyed his security system/tapes cell phone and hired cleaners to go through the house. I dunno what he has to do in all this, but by his actions I doubt he was shocked to "learn" the guy was killed.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And he was reportedly in downtown Boston talking to an attorney.

It sounds like he is covering up for someone else, one of his buddies. if he did this the cops would have taken him in by now rather than saying what they are saying. At least I would guess that.

Destroying the cell phone is an odd twist. They can easily find out what numbers he called and when so he had to be trying to destroy something like a pic or text.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If the world has any justice... this guy... if guilty... will get nailed on this.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
RamFan503 said:
iced said:
Stranger said:
iced said:
This is the way I see it - I'm not giving permission, and the fact that you have a warrant to search tells me you already thinking i'm implicated somehow. I don't fool around when it comes to my home and my rights. All it takes 1 bad apple to ruin the whole bunch, or only 1 cop out of a whole team that enters your house.
Love all your posts in this thread, but I just wanna highlight something that seems so simple and obvious but can be misinterpreted by some.

When we're talking about criminal investigations people typically refer to the suspect and the suspect's rights. That's not really consistent with the way the founders designed the system. Yes, I know that's how the media presents it, but they have their own agenda. In short, it's not about the suspect's rights to one thing or another, it really about Police, or gov't Powers. Constitutions, at least those in the USA, deliniate what the gov't has the power to do, and how the gov't must give notice to an individual prior to exercising those powers. It's all about restraint of gov't, NOT about limitations of rights of an individual. So, when a suspect says he isn't given the police the power to search their home without a proper warrant, the suspect is telling the gov't that they must operate within the bounds of their Constitutional powers. In fact, in our system it's was intended that individuals would make it their duty to keep gov't power in check.

So, when a cop stops you and asks if he can search your vehicle, you politely tell him/her that they took an oath to upold the US (and probably their State) Constitutions, and that you would hate to see them break their oath.

exactly. no one gave me any rights, i was born with the power to do whatever i please so long as i dont infringe on anyone else power to do the same. this whole notion of rights is misleading and falsely limiting, but unfortunately taught that way in our educational institutions.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
LosAngelesRams said:
If he did it, I hope he doesn't get a slap on the wrists.

25 to life.

TEEBOW for TE in NE?
God works in mysterious ways.

iced

Stranger said:
exactly. no one gave me any rights, i was born with the power to do whatever i please so long as i dont infringe on anyone else power to do the same. this whole notion of rights is misleading and falsely limiting, but unfortunately taught that way in our educational institutions.

Poor choice of words - but saying that the way you guys are interpretting "given" out of context is an understatement (which is why I said in response when asked what i meant, don't take my post there)

…..

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
If the world has any justice... this guy... if guilty... will get nailed on this.

speaking of that....

theres no such thing as a Tight End in prison.

again....just sayin.

iced

Dog said:
CGI_Ram said:

speaking of that....

theres no such thing as a Tight End in prison.

again....just sayin.

unless you're the albino... (wonder if anyone gets this reference)