Patriots Aaron Hernandez questioned for murder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

bluecoconuts said:
Yeah, I'm saying I would doubt that they went to his house without already having a warrant. Just because you have a warrant doesn't mean you go and arrest guys. They probably had a knock warrant to go and search and brought him in when he didn't cooperate, things like that happen all the time in police work. No officer worth his salt is going to go in to search the home of a high profile person like this without a warrant.

Just asked the old man. You're partially right - if they have a warrant, they will come and ask you if they can search anyway..Here's the reason though: if they ask you and you give permission, it becomes a voluntary search and anything they find is legal. If you refuse and they search, then should they find anything, it could be thrown out/excluded if there was something wrong with getting the warrant - which could be anything, from paperwork to not enough just reasons or as my dad just said, sometimes a detective will lie.

This is the way I see it - I'm not giving permission, and the fact that you have a warrant to search tells me you already thinking i'm implicated somehow. I don't fool around when it comes to my home and my rights. All it takes 1 bad apple to ruin the whole bunch, or only 1 cop out of a whole team that enters your house.

Don't confuse me with having a "disdain" toward all cops - I don't. Some are good, some are bad. But understand I've been greatly exposed to it, and there is a lot that goes unnoticed.And with that said, I'm always going to becareful. Additionally, we have rights...and I didn't go to Afghan and fight for my country to have my rights imposed upon. I'm tired of cops doing it - and i've seen it time, and time again. A ton of people convict themselves through talking due to fear or intimidation - and sometimes they do things knowingly that is a false threat or other means. It happens a lot man, probably a lot more than most people think. Again, not every cop..But a Lot.

Lesbaker said:
I have had a couple of unpleasant experiences myself, I think we all have.

Back in High School me and a buddy were taking his dads car to a liquor store that sold to anyone without asking for ID. I had an ounce or so of weed on me and we were puffing away. We get to the store and buy cases of beer and these things called babychams that chicks liked. We had collected money at the party for a serious beer run.

As luck would have it we got pulled over and I'm sure the cop smelled the weed. We were crapping our pants of course. So the cop tells my buddy to open the trunk and he does and the cop sees all the booze. So then the cop proceeds to unload all the goodies into his trunk while we stand there stoned and scared. When he finished he tells us to get back in the car and wait there he'll be right back.

We sat there for several minutes before we realized he had just ripped us off....and we laughed and got the hell out of there. The party went on anyway.

Lol I actually had something similar happen when I was 16 - except they just took the guys pipe but never found the weed (to this day i still don't know how they didn't). they damaged the car in the process, but i was counting my lucky stars at that point... dam tail lights can get ya lol.

Stranger said:
omg, I'm lovin your posts in this thread. So refreshing to read someone that's real.

Only way I know how to be lol, appreciate it though. :cool:

Psycho_X

Legend
First off, how is shooting someone in the face (IN THE FACE!!!!!!!!!!) not an automatic criminal charge? And second of all, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ABOVE CASE!!!! Sounds like New England is about to lose both of their star TEs this season and possibly forever for Hernandez.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1678397-aaron-hernandez-reportedly-will-be-sued-for-shooting-man-in-face-at-strip-club?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1678 ... g-national</a>

New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez will face a lawsuit for allegedly shooting a man after an altercation at a Miami strip club.

TMZ.com broke news of this stunning development, as the lawsuit was filed in Florida federal court on Wednesday—five days prior to authorities searching Hernandez's Massachusetts home for an apparently unrelated homicide case.

The lawsuit for the shooting was originally thought to be dismissed just four days after it was filed, but there was simply an error in the paperwork. Thus, the man who originally filed it, Alexander S. Bradley, still intends to move forward with the legal action and refile the lawsuit today.

At a club called Tootsie's Cabaret on Feb. 13, 2013, Bradley claims he got into an argument with Hernandez before the two left in the same car. While in the vehicle, Hernandez allegedly "aimed his weapon at Bradley...and the gun discharged, striking Bradley in the face," per TMZ.

The major injuries Bradley claims to have suffered from the gunshot wound include the loss of his right eye, and extensive surgery was required to repair his face, which included the use of screws and plates.

Bradley also implied that his right hand and arm absorbed part of the shot. He said that those injuries also needed surgery.

In addition to asking for more than $100,000 in the suit, Bradley asserted that Hernandez did not even have a license for the gun that he shot Bradley with.

Such a development is troubling enough for Hernandez, but the alleged unlicensed gun may spell even more legal trouble in the future.

Hernandez is a key part of the Patriots offense going into 2013. He finished 2012 with 51 receptions for 483 yards and five touchdowns in 10 regular-season games.

Fellow tight end Rob Gronkowski's status is questionable after multiple surgeries, including one on his back on Tuesday, per ESPN Boston's Field Yates, who also notes that Hernandez had surgery this offseason.

Combine that with this legal situation Hernandez currently finds himself in, and unfortunately, New England is in danger of being without two of its biggest playmakers in the near future. However, according to Yates, the Patriots do have five other tight ends on the current roster.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
There is way more to this story then we're being told. this is just getting bizzaro

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stranger said:
There is way more to this story then we're being told. this is just getting bizzaro

I agree. Usually word would have already leaked that he has nothing to do with it if they had found he was not the person involved or knew nothing. They find that out pretty fast usually.....and the silence from the police makes me think they want to get as much work done as they can before the lid pops off and its a media circus.

:shit: while we :popcorn:

nighttrain

Legend
Stranger said:
oh yeah, just like the Giant who shot himself in the leg :eloco: :dancin: :hahaha:
train

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
iced said:
This is the way I see it - I'm not giving permission, and the fact that you have a warrant to search tells me you already thinking i'm implicated somehow. I don't fool around when it comes to my home and my rights. All it takes 1 bad apple to ruin the whole bunch, or only 1 cop out of a whole team that enters your house.
Love all your posts in this thread, but I just wanna highlight something that seems so simple and obvious but can be misinterpreted by some.

When we're talking about criminal investigations people typically refer to the suspect and the suspect's rights. That's not really consistent with the way the founders designed the system. Yes, I know that's how the media presents it, but they have their own agenda. In short, it's not about the suspect's rights to one thing or another, it really about Police, or gov't Powers. Constitutions, at least those in the USA, deliniate what the gov't has the power to do, and how the gov't must give notice to an individual prior to exercising those powers. It's all about restraint of gov't, NOT about limitations of rights of an individual. So, when a suspect says he isn't given the police the power to search their home without a proper warrant, the suspect is telling the gov't that they must operate within the bounds of their Constitutional powers. In fact, in our system it's was intended that individuals would make it their duty to keep gov't power in check.

So, when a cop stops you and asks if he can search your vehicle, you politely tell him/her that they took an oath to upold the US (and probably their State) Constitutions, and that you would hate to see them break their oath.

LesBaker said:
Stranger said:

I agree. Usually word would have already leaked that he has nothing to do with it if they had found he was not the person involved or knew nothing. They find that out pretty fast usually.....and the silence from the police makes me think they want to get as much work done as they can before the lid pops off and its a media circus.

:shit: while we :popcorn:
The fact that the "face shooting" story is breaking a day after the warrant search is more than coincidental. It could just be the civil lawyer from the "face shooting" case trying to put more pressure on Hernandez to get a bigger/faster settlement - but why only ask for a $100k when the guy lost an eye, that seems waaaaayyyyy too low to me. Or, it could be more, perhaps the police leaked the "face shooting" story?

By the way, these guys have done a great job creating an entire series of instructional video on how to make sure Police do not exceed their Constitutional powers. I really suggest watching these...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/user/FlexYourRights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/user/FlexYourRights</a>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA[/youtube]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Damn!

----

NFL star Aaron Hernandez has NOT been identified as a suspect in the shooting of Alexander S. Bradley ... but that could change ... cops tell TMZ.

We broke the story ... Hernandez has been sued by Bradley, who claims the New England Patriots tight end shot him in the face and left him to die back in February.

Cops tell TMZ ... ever since the incident, Bradley has been extremely uncooperative with investigators -- and has refused to identify his assailant ... until he pointed the finger at Hernandez in his lawsuit, which he filed last week.

So what does it mean for the investigation? The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Dept. tells us ... it doesn't mean much.

In fact, we're told cops have no plans to meet with Hernandez ... and have neither named him a suspect nor a person of interest in the shooting.

And why not? With an uncooperative witness and no hard evidence ... it's a safe bet investigators don't feel they have a strong enough case to go after the NFL star.

Of course, plans could change ... but for now, it seems unlikely Hernandez will be prosecuted.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2Wi4LdLfP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2Wi4LdLfP</a>
Visit Fishwrapper: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fishwrapper.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fishwrapper.com</a>

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
CGI_Ram said:
Damn!

----

NFL star Aaron Hernandez has NOT been identified as a suspect in the shooting of Alexander S. Bradley ... but that could change ... cops tell TMZ.

We broke the story ... Hernandez has been sued by Bradley, who claims the New England Patriots tight end shot him in the face and left him to die back in February.

Cops tell TMZ ... ever since the incident, Bradley has been extremely uncooperative with investigators -- and has refused to identify his assailant ... until he pointed the finger at Hernandez in his lawsuit, which he filed last week.

So what does it mean for the investigation? The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Dept. tells us ... it doesn't mean much.

In fact, we're told cops have no plans to meet with Hernandez ... and have neither named him a suspect nor a person of interest in the shooting.

And why not? With an uncooperative witness and no hard evidence ... it's a safe bet investigators don't feel they have a strong enough case to go after the NFL star.

Of course, plans could change ... but for now, it seems unlikely Hernandez will be prosecuted.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2Wi4LdLfP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2Wi4LdLfP</a>
Visit Fishwrapper: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fishwrapper.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fishwrapper.com</a>

Money talks. Bullshit walks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Memento said:
CGI_Ram said:
Damn!

----

Money talks. BS walks.

Yeah. Sounds like a payoff to me.

Psycho_X

Legend
Aaron Hernandez's biggest fan today.... Tim Tebow. All though I'm waiting for someone to say the line, "So how does Aaron Hernandez's current situation affect Tim Tebow going forward?"

…..

Legend
I dunno....everytime I've ever been questioned by the cops, it was because I did something.

just sayin.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Psycho_X said:
Aaron Hernandez's biggest fan today.... Tim Tebow. All though I'm waiting for someone to say the line, "So how does Aaron Hernandez's current situation affect Tim Tebow going forward?"

All Tebow is saying to the media is that he is very excited for the opportunity that Hernandez has to clear his name and he is excited to be working with him to learn exciting new things he can do to make the Patriots offense even more exciting than ever!!!

Yeah yaknow the talking heads will be speculating that someone killed this guy to get Hernandez in trouble so Tebow can get a shot at another position he can't play. It's just a matter of time.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
Just asked the old man. You're partially right - if they have a warrant, they will come and ask you if they can search anyway..Here's the reason though: if they ask you and you give permission, it becomes a voluntary search and anything they find is legal. If you refuse and they search, then should they find anything, it could be thrown out/excluded if there was something wrong with getting the warrant - which could be anything, from paperwork to not enough just reasons or as my dad just said, sometimes a detective will lie.

Don't confuse me with having a "disdain" toward all cops - I don't. Some are good, some are bad. But understand I've been greatly exposed to it, and there is a lot that goes unnoticed.And with that said, I'm always going to becareful. Additionally, we have rights...and I didn't go to Afghan and fight for my country to have my rights imposed upon. I'm tired of cops doing it - and i've seen it time, and time again. A ton of people convict themselves through talking due to fear or intimidation - and sometimes they do things knowingly that is a false threat or other means. It happens a lot man, probably a lot more than most people think. Again, not every cop..But a Lot.

I get what you're saying man, I was detained by police when I came home on R&R for over 24 hours because a TSA agent said I had a weapon in my bag... It wasn't until the FBI came in that they released me. The weapon? The pin on my Purple Heart.... But for every bad cop there is, there's hundreds of good ones.. The problem is nobody wants to talk about a good cop, so they don't. I don't blame someone for not talking, it's their right. But not talking doesn't mean you're not cooperating.

Depending on the warrant it will depend on where the cops can search and how they can do it. Most warrants are knock warrants (the police have to announce themselves and that they have a warrant) that are to be served usually between 7AM and 7PM. Once they knock they need to wait a reasonable amount of time for someone to answer the door before coming in anyway.. There can also be limits on what they're looking for... Example of that would be if you're searching for a shotgun... You can look anywhere that can fit a shotgun.. If you happen to open up a jewelry box and find a bunch of drugs you can't use that because the warrant was to look for a shotgun.

If the officers only have a warrant to look inside a certain room (usually arrest warrants you may only enter the front room unless he runs off into another room, then you can follow him) then that's all they can do. If they're looking for specific items they need to search something relevant to that item.... Of course anything in plain sight is fair game.

If an officer comes to you with a warrant it's better to just cooperate, they should issue it correctly. If you try to fight it, there's a chance they're just going to have you sit outside (which they can) and wait for them to inform the judge so he gives them a wider search area. If your nose is clean there's no reason to worry anyway... If it's not, then it's not the officers fault. You can ask an officer what the warrant is for though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Might be time to pick up Hoomanawanui in your fantasy league.
He's the next man up.

iced

Stranger said:
iced said:
Love all your posts in this thread, but I just wanna highlight something that seems so simple and obvious but can be misinterpreted by some.

When we're talking about criminal investigations people typically refer to the suspect and the suspect's rights. That's not really consistent with the way the founders designed the system. Yes, I know that's how the media presents it, but they have their own agenda. In short, it's not about the suspect's rights to one thing or another, it really about Police, or gov't Powers. Constitutions, at least those in the USA, deliniate what the gov't has the power to do, and how the gov't must give notice to an individual prior to exercising those powers. It's all about restraint of gov't, NOT about limitations of rights of an individual. So, when a suspect says he isn't given the police the power to search their home without a proper warrant, the suspect is telling the gov't that they must operate within the bounds of their Constitutional powers. In fact, in our system it's was intended that individuals would make it their duty to keep gov't power in check.

So, when a cop stops you and asks if he can search your vehicle, you politely tell him/her that they took an oath to upold the US (and probably their State) Constitutions, and that you would hate to see them break their oath.

I agree 100%. But I look at it not just at restricting gov't and checks and balances, but it's a given RIGHT - we have, The RIGHT, to do so. That's my perception of it.

something on the hernandez situation-
the timing of the other shooting is funny and insignificant - clearly they have nothing on hernandez otherwise he would have been charged. Suing hernandez in civil court isn't the same thing as going for a conviction in criminal court. It's all about benjamins here. (i'm also wondering how you survive a shot to the face)

iced

bluecoconuts said:
iced said:

I get what you're saying man, I was detained by police when I came home on R&R for over 24 hours because a TSA agent said I had a weapon in my bag... It wasn't until the FBI came in that they released me. The weapon? The pin on my Purple Heart.... But for every bad cop there is, there's hundreds of good ones.. The problem is nobody wants to talk about a good cop, so they don't. I don't blame someone for not talking, it's their right. But not talking doesn't mean you're not cooperating.

Depending on the warrant it will depend on where the cops can search and how they can do it. Most warrants are knock warrants (the police have to announce themselves and that they have a warrant) that are to be served usually between 7AM and 7PM. Once they knock they need to wait a reasonable amount of time for someone to answer the door before coming in anyway.. There can also be limits on what they're looking for... Example of that would be if you're searching for a shotgun... You can look anywhere that can fit a shotgun.. If you happen to open up a jewelry box and find a bunch of drugs you can't use that because the warrant was to look for a shotgun.

If the officers only have a warrant to look inside a certain room (usually arrest warrants you may only enter the front room unless he runs off into another room, then you can follow him) then that's all they can do. If they're looking for specific items they need to search something relevant to that item.... Of course anything in plain sight is fair game.

If an officer comes to you with a warrant it's better to just cooperate, they should issue it correctly. If you try to fight it, there's a chance they're just going to have you sit outside (which they can) and wait for them to inform the judge so he gives them a wider search area. If your nose is clean there's no reason to worry anyway... If it's not, then it's not the officers fault. You can ask an officer what the warrant is for though.

See what you're describing is not the same. I get everything that you're saying about the warrants and the procedure, but that still doesn't address the difference voluntary search and a warrant, and what can happen if you just 'sure come on and search!'

If your nose is clean there's no reason to worry anyway
This is so incorrect and I hate it when I read this crap because it tries to play off the idea everyone is honest and there isn't any corrupt cops - go read one of my first few posts about the guy who gets pulled over w/ his girlfriend in the car and they planted a roach in his trunk. Yea he refused, and yea he was clean - subsequently, he was later released and charges were dropped..but his nose was clean, and he had plenty to worry about... And it's not uncommon at all for a cop to lie in reports or to get a warrant... shit you better chance of finding a hooker that likes you for personality.

And if in your experience, there have been more honest cops - than I'm envious of your experiences, because mine are the opposite. I'm not going off of what I've read in the papers - I'm just talkin about the stuff i've experienced, whether me personally or reading it..those outweigh the few times i've dealt with honest cops (regardless if they gave me a ticket or not)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
iced said:
Stranger said:
iced said:

I agree 100%. But I look at it not just at restricting gov't and checks and balances, but it's a given RIGHT - we have, The RIGHT, to do so. That's my perception of it.

What do you mean by "given" right? As in someone GAVE us those rights?

A55VA6

Legend
So apparently he destroyed his home security system and surveillance. Also destroyed his cell phone. I think he's hiding something.