Patriots Aaron Hernandez questioned for murder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Dog said:
CGI_Ram said:
If the world has any justice... this guy... if guilty... will get nailed on this.

speaking of that....

theres no such thing as a Tight End in prison.

again....just sayin.

Yeah, he will have to change positions, probably " missionary" or "doggie"! :sly:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
LesBaker said:
Ram Quixote said:
bluecoconuts said:
The arrest warrant is for obstruction of justice it seems. Stupid stupid.
Just wondering ... what's the difference between not incriminating yourself and destroying evidence?

If Hernandez is guilty I don't want him getting off. And yet, his home surveillance equipment and cell phone are his possessions. It was quite artless of him to be so blatant about the destruction. Makes him really look bad. BUT I wonder if I wouldn't have done something similar in the same situation. More subtly of course.

A gun can be a possession and be used in a robbery and it become evidence because it was used in a crime. The phone and surveillance equipment have info that can be used to potentially prove a crime was committed and tampering with them is a crime in and of itself. I believe the law views those two things the same way essentially. Part of the crime and investigation of the crime. They will be tacking on some additional obstruction of justice charges as well.

I'd guess there are fines and probably a year in jail for each charge. Probably somewhere around the type of fines and punishment for perjury I'd suppose.
Y'but Les it's not really the charge he'll be prosecuted for.

If he is charged with that and so far it doesn't seem the reports are accurate that he is charged, I'd say it's in order to get him into custody so he can't interfere with any more of the investigation.
If he isn't at least charged as an accomplice ,I don't see that what he's done IS criminal.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thordaddy said:
LesBaker said:
Ram Quixote said:
bluecoconuts said:
The arrest warrant is for obstruction of justice it seems. Stupid stupid.
Just wondering ... what's the difference between not incriminating yourself and destroying evidence?

If Hernandez is guilty I don't want him getting off. And yet, his home surveillance equipment and cell phone are his possessions. It was quite artless of him to be so blatant about the destruction. Makes him really look bad. BUT I wonder if I wouldn't have done something similar in the same situation. More subtly of course.

A gun can be a possession and be used in a robbery and it become evidence because it was used in a crime. The phone and surveillance equipment have info that can be used to potentially prove a crime was committed and tampering with them is a crime in and of itself. I believe the law views those two things the same way essentially. Part of the crime and investigation of the crime. They will be tacking on some additional obstruction of justice charges as well.

I'd guess there are fines and probably a year in jail for each charge. Probably somewhere around the type of fines and punishment for perjury I'd suppose.
Y'but Les it's not really the charge he'll be prosecuted for.

If he is charged with that and so far it doesn't seem the reports are accurate that he is charged, I'd say it's in order to get him into custody so he can't interfere with any more of the investigation.
If he isn't at least charged as an accomplice ,I don't see that what he's done IS criminal.

His actions are suspicious to say the least. I think they will charge him to get him into custody to try and get him to roll on his posse or to try and get him to slip up and confess some wrong doing. It's hard to believe he doesn't at least know what happened.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Ramhusker said:
His actions are suspicious to say the least. I think they will charge him to get him into custody to try and get him to roll on his posse or to try and get him to slip up and confess some wrong doing. It's hard to believe he doesn't at least know what happened.
Yeah that's the way I figure it, but in the end I can't see them pressing a case that only gets 12 months in jail time cuz he'll have such high dollar representation it will cost to much to prosecute him.

I think he's guilty of somethin' dunno exactly what but I'm pretty satisfied he's a thug.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
Ramhusker said:
Yeah that's the way I figure it, but in the end I can't see them pressing a case that only gets 12 months in jail time cuz he'll have such high dollar representation it will cost to much to prosecute him.

I think he's guilty of somethin' dunno exactly what but I'm pretty satisfied he's a thug.

I'm betting one of his buddies will end up pleading guilty for a reduced sentence and Hernandez will have a nice chunk of change waiting for them when they get out... And at most he'll get obstruction of justice that'll result in a fine, maybe 30-60 days in minimum security, and community service... Mostly because of his status though, if he was a regular guy, he'd probably already be in custody.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
bluecoconuts said:
Thordaddy said:
Ramhusker said:

I'm betting one of his buddies will end up pleading guilty for a reduced sentence and Hernandez will have a nice chunk of change waiting for them when they get out... And at most he'll get obstruction of justice that'll result in a fine, maybe 30-60 days in minimum security, and community service... Mostly because of his status though, if he was a regular guy, he'd probably already be in custody.

YUP