Patriots Aaron Hernandez questioned for murder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Report: Aaron Hernandez questioned in possible homicide probe
Staff report, USA TODAY Sports 7:46 p.m. EDT June 18, 2013

New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is being questioned by police in connection with a possible homicide in North Attleboro, Mass., according to a report by SI.com and a local newspaper.

The SI.com report, which cites a Massachusetts State Police source with knowledge of the investigation, says Hernandez is not believed to be a suspect, but a vehicle rented in his name has become a crucial piece of evidence.

SI also reported investigators are interested in searching Hernandez's home and that Hernandez has consulted with an attorney. Television trucks were parked outside Hernandez's home in North Attleboro on Tuesday.

On Monday, a jogger found the body of a 27-year-old Boston man in an industrial park clearing, less than a mile from Hernandez's home. It is unclear whether the victim died there or the body was dumped there, or whether there, but police are investigating the possibility of foul play.

[hilite]ABC News cites sources that say Hernandez has been uncooperative and that the dead man might be an associate of Hernandez..[/hilite]

The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro, Mass., reported that police identified a rented 2013 Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island license plates as a vehicle of interest. The newspaper also reported the vehicle is registered to Enterprise, and SI.com reported that a source said Hernandez's name is tied to the rental vehicle.

Local police have denied comments, and the Bristol County District Attorney's office said, "As the investigation is in its early stages, no further details about this case will be released at this time."

Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter confirmed that a body was found around 5:30 p.m. Monday and said based on the "nature and circumstances," the investigation would be handed over to Massachusetts state police detectives.

A fourth-round pick in the 2010 draft, Hernandez was named to the Pro Bowl in his second season. Last season he caught 51 passes and scored five touchdowns for the Patriots.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/06/18/aaron-hernandez-homicide-investigation-north-attleboro/2436327/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... o/2436327/</a>

Interesting to say the least... Less than a mile from his home, vehicle is supposedly tied to him, and he's not cooperating... We'll have to wait for the facts to come out more, but as of now it doesn't really look good. Although even if he was guilty, he'd probably get off anyway, since that's how these things seem to go.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wonder if he's been on the phone with Ray Lewis yet.

A55VA6

Legend
Cops all over the place at Hernandez's house right now.

If you guys want more info, this reporter has been covering it all on twitter - with photos too.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com/GregABedard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.twitter.com/GregABedard</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
:lol:

Sorry New England.

NOT!

iced

bluecoconuts said:

New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is being questioned by police in connection with a possible homicide in North Attleboro, Mass., according to a report by SI.com and a local newspaper.

The SI.com report, which cites a Massachusetts State Police source with knowledge of the investigation, says Hernandez is not believed to be a suspect, but a vehicle rented in his name has become a crucial piece of evidence.

SI also reported investigators are interested in searching Hernandez's home and that Hernandez has consulted with an attorney. Television trucks were parked outside Hernandez's home in North Attleboro on Tuesday.

On Monday, a jogger found the body of a 27-year-old Boston man in an industrial park clearing, less than a mile from Hernandez's home. It is unclear whether the victim died there or the body was dumped there, or whether there, but police are investigating the possibility of foul play.

[hilite]ABC News cites sources that say Hernandez has been uncooperative and that the dead man might be an associate of Hernandez..[/hilite]

The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro, Mass., reported that police identified a rented 2013 Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island license plates as a vehicle of interest. The newspaper also reported the vehicle is registered to Enterprise, and SI.com reported that a source said Hernandez's name is tied to the rental vehicle.

Local police have denied comments, and the Bristol County District Attorney's office said, "As the investigation is in its early stages, no further details about this case will be released at this time."

Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter confirmed that a body was found around 5:30 p.m. Monday and said based on the "nature and circumstances," the investigation would be handed over to Massachusetts state police detectives.

A fourth-round pick in the 2010 draft, Hernandez was named to the Pro Bowl in his second season. Last season he caught 51 passes and scored five touchdowns for the Patriots.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/06/18/aaron-hernandez-homicide-investigation-north-attleboro/2436327/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... o/2436327/</a>

Interesting to say the least... Less than a mile from his home, vehicle is supposedly tied to him, and he's not cooperating... We'll have to wait for the facts to come out more, but as of now it doesn't really look good. Although even if he was guilty, he'd probably get off anyway, since that's how these things seem to go.

Lol they're almost basically accusing him and asking to search his house - "not cooperating" is basically saying "no you need a warrant to search my shit."

I wouldn't cooperate either - cops break the law and abuse power every day of the fuckin' week.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
iced said:
Lol they're almost basically accusing him and asking to search his house - "not cooperating" is basically saying "no you need a warrant to search my shyte."

I wouldn't cooperate either - cops break the law and abuse power every day of the freakin' week.

I don't know iced. I watch a lot of Criminal Minds, Law and Order, etc. I don't see much of that...

:cool:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
lockdnram21 said:
RamFan503 said:
Wonder if he's been on the phone with Ray Lewis yet.

Thsts disrespectful lewis was found not guilty of murder

Right. He had nothing to do with it. :what:

Why he's just a victim of coicumstance. :nau:

iced

CGI_Ram said:
iced said:
Lol they're almost basically accusing him and asking to search his house - "not cooperating" is basically saying "no you need a warrant to search my shyte."

I wouldn't cooperate either - cops break the law and abuse power every day of the freakin' week.

I don't know iced. I watch a lot of Criminal Minds, Law and Order, etc. I don't see much of that...

My father's an attorney, also a retired JAG....and you wouldn't believe some of the crap I've been reading in the news papers. Even had a cop pull over a guy who claimed he could smell weed coming from his car at 45 mph. Officer pulled him over, told him, not asked, told him - that he's going to search his car. Guy said he didnt give permission, they took him and his gf out of the car. The cop said," Give me whatever weed you have and I can work with you..but if you make me search it, it's not going to be pretty." The guy said he didn't have weed - cops searched anyway. Brought the K9's out, searched the car 8 or 9x without finding anything - THE WHOLE CAR including the trunk. Then they go for a 10th time, and just "coincidentally" the cops audio recording devices they're required to wear shuts off as they finally found a blunt roach on the tenth search... yea, gimme a break...was all over the local paper.

Even for my DUI, which I fought and won (I consider it winning because I had it reduced to wreckless, and I was far from drunk. Brain injury plays a factor too.) I had 2 drinks in 3 hours, witnesses,receipts, etc. It was obvious I was in the right (the D.A. here doesn't reduce charges if they believe they can get you on the charge). Best part about this cop? My lawyer had him 3 months prior in another trial, and this is what he said on public record.

"When do you arrest for DUI?" - Lawyer
"If I smell alcohol or if they admit to having anything to drink" - Cop
"Well you know that's not the law right?"
"-shrug- It's better to be safe than sorry"

Not every cop is crooked, but there is a LOT out there... and i'm glad they're slowly being outted, atleast in my area.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
bluecoconuts said:

Lol they're almost basically accusing him and asking to search his house - "not cooperating" is basically saying "no you need a warrant to search my shit."

I wouldn't cooperate either - cops break the law and abuse power every day of the fuckin' week.

I would very much doubt they didn't have a warrant already, high profile person, they had evidence that pointed towards him that would justify a warrant, and had been doing the investigation before hand. Probably got it this afternoon and went right over, the timing is about right.

iced

bluecoconuts said:
I would very much doubt they didn't have a warrant already, high profile person, they had evidence that pointed towards him that would justify a warrant, and had been doing the investigation before hand. Probably got it this afternoon and went right over, the timing is about right.

If they have evidence and enough to get a warrant, they don't ask. they just get it.

they're trying to get him to self incriminate (which so many people do by talking). He did the right thing, get a lawyer and follow the legal process.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
bluecoconuts said:

If they have evidence and enough to get a warrant, they don't ask. they just get it.

they're trying to get him to self incriminate (which so many people do by talking). He did the right thing, get a lawyer and follow the legal process.

Yeah, I'm saying I would doubt that they went to his house without already having a warrant. Just because you have a warrant doesn't mean you go and arrest guys. They probably had a knock warrant to go and search and brought him in when he didn't cooperate, things like that happen all the time in police work. No officer worth his salt is going to go in to search the home of a high profile person like this without a warrant.

I get that you're not a fan of cops, I'm just saying I doubt they're talking to him just because they want to fuck with him... They're going to do things by the books, not only does it embarrass the department if they're not, but jobs are lost over something like that. If anything they're being more careful than normal, and they put their best guys on the case so there's not another OJ.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
bluecoconuts said:
iced said:
bluecoconuts said:

Yeah and I just read that they went there and executed a warrant.

This dude has some stuff to worry about even if he didn't kill someone. When ten cop cars show up and your house wi a warrant and take away two friends it's a bad day.

iced

I guess Putin doesn't take too kindly to stealing allegations

A55VA6

Legend
I mean come on.. the vehicle of interest just happens to be a rental vehicle under Hernandez's name... then the dead guy is possibly an associate of Hernandez? Sounds fishy to me. He very could be involved.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
iced said:
I guess Putin doesn't take too kindly to stealing allegations
omg, I'm lovin your posts in this thread. So refreshing to read someone that's real.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
iced said:
CGI_Ram said:
iced said:

My father's an attorney, also a retired JAG....and you wouldn't believe some of the crap I've been reading in the news papers. Even had a cop pull over a guy who claimed he could smell weed coming from his car at 45 mph. Officer pulled him over, told him, not asked, told him - that he's going to search his car. Guy said he didnt give permission, they took him and his gf out of the car. The cop said," Give me whatever weed you have and I can work with you..but if you make me search it, it's not going to be pretty." The guy said he didn't have weed - cops searched anyway. Brought the K9's out, searched the car 8 or 9x without finding anything - THE WHOLE CAR including the trunk. Then they go for a 10th time, and just "coincidentally" the cops audio recording devices they're required to wear shuts off as they finally found a blunt roach on the tenth search... yea, gimme a break...was all over the local paper.

Even for my DUI, which I fought and won (I consider it winning because I had it reduced to wreckless, and I was far from drunk. Brain injury plays a factor too.) I had 2 drinks in 3 hours, witnesses,receipts, etc. It was obvious I was in the right (the D.A. here doesn't reduce charges if they believe they can get you on the charge). Best part about this cop? My lawyer that had hired had him 3 months prior in another trial, and this is what he said on public record.

"When do you arrest for DUI?" - Lawyer
"If I smell alcohol or if they admit to having anything to drink" - Cop
"Well you know that's not the law right?"
"-shrug- It's better to be safe than sorry"

Not every cop is crooked, but there is a LOT out there... and i'm glad they're slowly being outted, atleast in my area.

I have had a couple of unpleasant experiences myself, I think we all have.

Back in High School me and a buddy were taking his dads car to a liquor store that sold to anyone without asking for ID. I had an ounce or so of weed on me and we were puffing away. We get to the store and buy cases of beer and these things called babychams that chicks liked. We had collected money at the party for a serious beer run.

As luck would have it we got pulled over and I'm sure the cop smelled the weed. We were crapping our pants of course. So the cop tells my buddy to open the trunk and he does and the cop sees all the booze. So then the cop proceeds to unload all the goodies into his trunk while we stand there stoned and scared. When he finished he tells us to get back in the car and wait there he'll be right back.

We sat there for several minutes before we realized he had just ripped us off....and we laughed and got the hell out of there. The party went on anyway.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't doubt he did it, he is a Cheatriot after all. But I don't blame him for not cooperating with police. He shouldn't answer any questions without an attorney present, whether he did it or not.