Our Defense after 10 games ... what do you think?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And a true NT and a legitimate 3/4 OLB to replace Quinn.

Nah. We can stop the run this year with our unit if we have our starting CBs. We were doing it against Minnesota. Problem is that we need that extra safety in the box.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Nah. We can stop the run this year with our unit if we have our starting CBs. We were doing it against Minnesota. Problem is that we need that extra safety in the box.

Rams did do a pretty good job vs the run with a couple of blown plays here and there. If there was someone instead of Quinn that could actually have been a factor vs Minny, Keenum would have been sacked another 3-4 times that game. With garbage CB's, and only Donald and Brockers bringing heat without a blitz, Keenum dinked and dunked them to death.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know why this has turned into another "get rid of Donald" thread, but I've spent more than enough time on this topic. I'm not going to bother going into detail anymore because these conversations don't ever lead anywhere productive.

You, once again turned it into another "pay Donald whatever he wants" thread ... which is a bad plan. And anyone who thinks differently than you on this you attack and act like it's beneath you to talk about it because they don't agree with you. Not cool. :)

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
We do not have the talent to support a 3 - 4 defense.

The defense sometimes gives up a big play but when you analyze the play, it' one of the book ends getting blocked and then a bunch of bad angles taken to the ball carrier.

We need to upgrade our OLB and possibly bring in another difference maker on the edge.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You, once again turned it into another "pay Donald whatever he wants" thread ... which is a bad plan. And anyone who thinks differently than you on this you attack and act like it's beneath you to talk about it because they don't agree with you. Not cool. :)

This conversation happened non-stop for two months while Donald held out. Everything that needed to be said was said. No one is gaining ground at this point. It's beneath both of us to waste time rehashing the same debate. You're not convincing me; I'm not convincing you. Best to move on.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I see a CB being drafted early, a NT signed in FA, and OLBs from both. This D is close to being very good. Obviously, we have to shore up those gash rushing plays we like to give up early in games and get a little more pressure on the QB on a consistent basis. But do we have any complaints on how we did Brees? I'd hope not because he was under duress for most of the game this week. Like already stated, we don't have a lot of depth (or none) on the back end of the D.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I see a CB being drafted early, a NT signed in FA, and OLBs from both. This D is close to being very good. Obviously, we have to shore up those gash rushing plays we like to give up early in games and get a little more pressure on the QB on a consistent basis. But do we have any complaints on how we did Brees? I'd hope not because he was under duress for most of the game this week. Like already stated, we don't have a lot of depth (or none) on the back end of the D.

I agree here big on the current & future issues in our secondary. With CB Trumaine Johnson, CB NR-C, CB/S Lamarcus Joyner, safety Cody Davis & CB Troy Hill all involved in Free Agency in March...then add in that the Rams have zero in talent in reserve to fill these mentioned DB's....would make the 2018 DB prospects to be scouted hard.