Opinions on Davis after this game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He's a good backup, but he'll never be a real starting caliber QB. Another A.J. Feeley, Case Keenum, or Kevin Kolb.

Completely panics against the blitz, huge weakness that teams will exploit all season long

I didn't see panic.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
No where to look.He's on our roster.
So the guy has nearly identical stats that Bradford had against the 49ers last year and he's not the guy? But Bradford still was? I swear some of you have no choice but to blame the freaking QB. He didn't make very good decisions but I think I remember 4 or 5 times that he had a clean pocket to step up and throw into. Guys, maybe our team just plain sucks. And has always and will always suck. Because we are the Rams and why the freak not.
Actually Bradford had better statistics than Davis in his first 2 games against the 49ers and also in 2012 when the 49ers went to the Super Bowl so there's really no comparison.The only bad game he had against the 49ers is when the line didn't block well last year but overall Bradford is a better quarterback.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Davis will only get better. ......it'll be interesting to see who gets the better of it in match up number 2...Go to war with what you have....save Bradford comparison till next year...we all know the score......It's the Rams vs the world..... they're fans too......now is the time in adversity. ... for this team and its fans to step up....unify....
GO DAVIS
GO RAMS....... ;)

rams56

Name
Steve
As a former coach ( not nfl).....this is my opinion. .....you name Davis the starter for certain reasons.... you ask your team to believe in you as a coach....in your decision to start Davis....in Davis and his ability to win ....unless the locker room is split.... by putting Hill back in as a non injury starter..... you have a real good chance of loosing the locker room completely as a head coach. On the other hand if you see players giving up or stop fighting for the win and improvements in games and practices....then you go ahead and make the switch..... But all of these things that Hill supposedly did better didn't stop Hill from loosing his job in the first place. ...One more thought. ... how is Davis going to get the experience he needs from the bench.....I think a better question is who do the players believe give them the best chance to win.....who do they believe in......then Head Coach Fisher goes to war with that qb as his leader....just my thoughts. .....

Go Rams......... ;)

CoachO

Hall of Fame
As a former coach ( not nfl).....this is my opinion. .....you name Davis the starter for certain reasons.... you ask your team to believe in you as a coach....in your decision to start Davis....in Davis and his ability to win ....unless the locker room is split.... by putting Hill back in as a non injury starter..... you have a real good chance of loosing the locker room completely as a head coach. On the other hand if you see players giving up or stop fighting for the win and improvements in games and practices....then you go ahead and make the switch..... But all of these things that Hill supposedly did better didn't stop Hill from loosing his job in the first place. ...One more thought. ... how is Davis going to get the experience he needs from the bench.....I think a better question is who do the players believe give them the best chance to win.....who do they believe in......then Head Coach Fisher goes to war with that qb as his leader....just my thoughts. .....

Go Rams......... ;)
I agree completely with your comments ONCE Fisher made the decision. It's the decision I didn't agree with or the timing. IMO, Fisher backed himself into a corner by trying to instill some confidence in Davis, and now, as you say, he runs the risk of losing the team if he goes back on that decision.

I think he knew Hill wasn't "ready" going into the bye week, and has rolled the dice by showing his support in a young QB. Fisher is one of those Head Coaches that will avoid a QB controversy almost to the point of being a detriment to the team. I think he made this pronouncement because he saw one brewing and wanted to squelch it before it gained any more momentum. Now he is gonna sink or swim with that decision.

rams56

Name
Steve
I agree completely with your comments ONCE Fisher made the decision. It's the decision I didn't agree with or the timing. IMO, Fisher backed himself into a corner by trying to instill some confidence in Davis, and now, as you say, he runs the risk of losing the team if he goes back on that decision.

I think he knew Hill wasn't "ready" going into the bye week, and has rolled the dice by showing his support in a young QB. Fisher is one of those Head Coaches that will avoid a QB controversy almost to the point of being a detriment to the team. I think he made this pronouncement because he saw one brewing and wanted to squelch it before it gained any more momentum. Now he is gonna sink or swim with that decision.

I completely agree with you....that is what is tuff about riding a young qb.....there are always ups and downs....even inside a game. The faster that Davis matures the better. But hopefully. ...hopefully this whole team matures together.....and fast....

GO RAMS....... ;)

goldenram

UDFA
I think He is still the ONE. AD played pretty much lights out first 30 min of the game. Don't remember exactly but time of possession about half time was like 23:00 - 7:00 or so. Great drives while spreading the ball around. Then the wheels fell off and OL quit for the most part, receivers not finishing routes or running incorrect routes. How many times did he get knocked the hell out of and get back up. Sure he looked a little rattled at times when three linemen coming pretty much untouched full speed at him. Wuss!!.... Right, I wouldn't have stopped running.... AD did play DB or Safety in HS, maybe we should see if he can go both ways. At least it appears that he wants to win. Coaching didn't help either, would think Schotty would call some quick passes to counter the blitz. But having WRs running routes down the field during an all out blitz is a much better solution I guess.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
receivers not finishing routes or running incorrect routes.

Serious question here..... when there are so many passes that seem to be thrown into areas where receivers are running different routes, and its more than just one receiver, at what point do you think the common denominator is the one throwing the ball?

Why would you just assume the WRs are the ones at fault? "not finishing routes or running incorrect routes" as you put it?

BTW,, In the big picture here, I don't have nearly the problem with this happening than i do with his others misreads. I wish he would look to take what is there, instead of always looking to force the big play when its not there.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
I've been fine with Davis. He doesn't have a lot of experience, so what I'm more concerned about is that we have been far more pass heavy than I would have ever believed. Especially, in the games like last night where we get up by a couple of scores, we continue to throw and rushing becomes an afterthought. I wouldn't expect that kind of gameplan if Bradford was starting, but for whatever reason they put a heavy load on Davis' shoulders. Coupled with the defense still struggling and it's confusing.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I've been fine with Davis. He doesn't have a lot of experience, so what I'm more concerned about is that we have been far more pass heavy than I would have ever believed. Especially, in the games like last night where we get up by a couple of scores, we continue to throw and rushing becomes an afterthought. I wouldn't expect that kind of gameplan if Bradford was starting, but for whatever reason they put a heavy load on Davis' shoulders. Coupled with the defense still struggling and it's confusing.
Sadly, isn't that how Spagnuolo christened Bradford into the league? First game as a starter they call 56 pass plays? Seems like they may be putting a little too much on Davis' plate this early in his career as a starter.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Serious question here..... when there are so many passes that seem to be thrown into areas where receivers are running different routes, and its more than just one receiver, at what point do you think the common denominator is the one throwing the ball?

Why would you just assume the WRs are the ones at fault? "not finishing routes or running incorrect routes" as you put it?

BTW,, In the big picture here, I don't have nearly the problem with this happening than i do with his others misreads. I wish he would look to take what is there, instead of always looking to force the big play when its not there.

Stop this. Never in his years with the Rams except when he took the blame did I ever believe Bradford was at fault for the WR not being where the ball was thrown. I will give Davis the same benefit of the doubt. On the Bailey post and the Quick fly routes, I feel like Davis was not at fault. The Quick fly route was likely simple miscommunication. The Bailey post route seemed to me that Stedman didn't run the route the way he was supposed to.

Young WRs make these sort of mistakes.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
He's got a long way to go, decision making was iffy, held on to the ball too much. I like him but the Rams DESPERATELY need an athelete like Wilson or Manziel to run out of the pocket when it collapses.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think He is still the ONE. AD played pretty much lights out first 30 min of the game. Don't remember exactly but time of possession about half time was like 23:00 - 7:00 or so. Great drives while spreading the ball around. Then the wheels fell off and OL quit for the most part, receivers not finishing routes or running incorrect routes. How many times did he get knocked the hell out of and get back up. Sure he looked a little rattled at times when three linemen coming pretty much untouched full speed at him. Wuss!!.... Right, I wouldn't have stopped running.... AD did play DB or Safety in HS, maybe we should see if he can go both ways. At least it appears that he wants to win. Coaching didn't help either, would think Schotty would call some quick passes to counter the blitz. But having WRs running routes down the field during an all out blitz is a much better solution I guess.

Yeah, what the hell happened to the OL? Do you actually think they quit? Why would they do that?

Penguin.

Rookie
He will be a good back-up. He doesn't have the smarts or arm Bradford has, but he seems to be able to take hits better. I wish Bradford wasn't hurt.

goldenram

UDFA
Yeah, what the hell happened to the OL? Do you actually think they quit? Why would they do that?

I don't think they quit, but like the rest of the Team ( other than Run Deffense) it appeared they flipped a switch about the time of the Cook OPI and the effort was no longer there. Looked like 2 diff teams from that point.

oldramfan

bigramfan1966
The kid needs confidence. He is fine when in the lead or in garbage time but seems to wilt under the spotlight. He was running for his life but he still needs to make some plays. Much as I dislike Kaepernick he made the throws under pressure and Davis didn't. I still think we need to draft a QB but I have more hope for a few wins than I did before the game.