Opinions on Davis after this game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I still like him.
He's got moxie!

Experience, and a massively upgraded OL, would fix a lot of his problems.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Kid has fight but isn't good enough to overcome what he is dealing with so far. OL leaking, WRs playing off and on. OC with puzzling calls at times.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
His strength is supposed to be movement in the pocket, escapability and throwing on the run. He displayed none of those after the first quarter, and even his initial success was tainted with "oh shit" passes that somehow were completed.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I saw an effective but less athletic Manziel with him. The Seahawks have some tape on him and know he twitches under pressure, expect more of those stunts to occur.

Other than that, I see a reliable backup QB in him but sadly, that isn't enough to win games in a physical division.

fearsomefour

Legend
My opinion has not changed.
He is a gamer, overreacts to pressure sometimes (although I can't blame him), the ball floats on him, he makes some plays.
He showed his youth in the second half but he was on the Titanic looking for a bucket.
The team is 1-4, there is no reason to play Hill. See if Davis grows into the job.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Reserving judgement on Davis until the rest of the train wreck gets fixed...guy was under pressure the entire game, and WR running routes out of nowhere...still like the kid....the rest....meh....where do you start?

Philly5

Rookie
Unchanged. Doing the best he can with an OL that still has too many breakdowns. Nice enthusiasm, can make plays, gutsy, but the questionable talent is why he was off the roster last year.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Not sure how you can say he isn't starting caliber after this game. Did you all see the oline today? How many QBs are winning with that? Oline couldn't run block. Oline couldn't pass block. WRs couldn't get any separation for most of the game. Davis is the least of the problems on this team as I see it right now. He has shown that when given time to throw that he can move this team down the field. Can he improve? Of course he can, in many areas. But I think that he will, given more experience. But if this oline doesn't get it's act together it won't matter who is out there: Davis, Hill, Bradford, Mariotta, etc. We won't be winning many games with that oline play. And the defense can't get any pressure. First team in nfl history to only have one sack in their first five games. Davis can improve but as we all know and have seen around the Rams before with other QBs, if the oline can't block, we will lose more than we win. Let's see Davis have a bad game where he had time to throw before we say he can't be a good qb. I'm pulling for him because he has shown he can move this team when given time and a decent running game.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
He's the third string QB. I hate to say it but I saw this coming a mile away. He's played a lot better up till this point than anyone expected. I hope they stick with him and see how he responds. Should still end up being a valuable back up unless he totally implodes.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
He doesn't quit and tries to make plays, it's not like he was playing the Jags. If he has a string of games like this then pull him. Our starting QB got hurt right before the season opened, and he's been the only bright topic (besides quick) this whole season.
First National stage game against a tough division rival, give the guy a break.
Plus I like the way he floats the ball to receivers, looks like he's playing beer pong out there.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Let me see the kid throw in a pocket that is not completely collapsed. Let me see him set his feet and look down field.

Seemed like every time he went back to pass he had to flush the pocket from the 2nd quarter on.

I think the kid can play. He just needs a couple of seconds to look for a receiver.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Opinion hasn't changed of Davis. Still think he's doing a good job.

The team around him just looked like a train wreck. He'll likely get hurt soon if he keeps taking all those hits though.

fatkook

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OC needs to stop getting all scared and conservative with leads, it wrecks the momentum and the chemistry

fatkook

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still beleive Davis is good and will only get better

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He needed to get rid of the ball quicker tonight, for sure. They were bringing tons of pressure, and he had little time, but he hung onto the ball too long, looking for the big play.

Irish

Starter
He is Chad Henne, Chad Pennington, Matt Cassell, Christian Ponder, Charlie Whitehurst, Matt Flynn, etc. etc. etc.

He won't win you a game, but he sure as hell can lose you a few.