Opinions on Davis after this game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BKBISTRO

UDFA
He looked great at first but after the phantom Offensive PI on Cook, it was all downhill from there. I think we are still looking for our franchise QB.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
He's not good. I wanted to believe but even when he racked up yards, his throws looked off high and he looked kind of like AJ Green throwing jump balls to guys who are bigger and more athletic than the secondary.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Same. Has upside. Will either be our starter, our backup or an asset for future trade.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't blame the kid. He has issues but the guy got hit again all day long. The whole team just seemed utterly defeated in the 2nd half.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He needs some blocking (OL couldn't handle twists or stunts all night). He also needs a better understanding of hot reads. This will come with game experience though.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
QB situation in general

Sign him to back up our next year's starter, cut Hill, draft a QB, Sam takes a pay cut.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Same, lots of potential and upside, continues the Favre comparisons by being unable to call it quits on a throw, will throw it in quintuple coverage if need be. Can't do it all by himself, team needs to shape up or he'll be wasted.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This was his first bad game, and yet was still in a position to at least tie and got to OT (as improbable as it was).

Austin Davis continues to surprise, and with experience will get better.

jjab360

Legend
He's a good backup, but he'll never be a real starting caliber QB. Another A.J. Feeley, Case Keenum, or Kevin Kolb.

Completely panics against the blitz, huge weakness that teams will exploit all season long

Athos

Legend
He puts his heart out there, that's for sure. Can't say the same about anyone else though at this point. No heart. No fight. No balls. No courage. No ice in the veins. Just a mentality of giving up and packing it in.

Thought two - It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to gauge any QB we throw out there right now with Jack Long, Scott Wells, and Davin Joseph out there.

Puke fest of an offensive line.:sick:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Not getting the help all QBs need, same thing I saw for Bradford and Bulger before him.

His job shouldn't be in any danger after this week though. Davis was not the problem.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a good backup, but he'll never be a real starting caliber QB. Another A.J. Feeley, Case Keenum, or Kevin Kolb.

Completely panics against the blitz, huge weakness that teams will exploit all season long

Yea, I'm not seeing that. Overreacts to pressure at times for sure. Too reliant on scrambling for sure. But he stood in numerous times today and made throws in the face of the blitz while getting clobbered.

Like any NFL QB, when you keep getting hit...you start overreacting. Davis isn't perfect. Not close. I would like to see better manipulation of the pocket rather than him trying to scramble towards the sideline but the guys on offense need to pick up the stunts and blitzes. Our right side of the OL struggled mightily today...as did the HBs, FBs, and TEs in picking up pressure. I gotta hope that Saffold and Barksdale struggled due to lack of chemistry and that it'll get ironed out.

But you know what...I just don't care any more. This season seems lost to me.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure how one could form any type of opinion on him from this game. The pass blocking was shit and WR's were running shit routes on many plays.

A55VA6

Legend
I still like him.. I mean Peyton Manning couldn't fucking do anything with this offensive line and WR's dropping everything or not getting open.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not sure how one could form any type of opinion on him from this game. The pass blocking was crap and WR's were running crap routes on many plays.
Yup. I couldn't believe Bailey tried to cut *behind* the DB on that missed TD opportunity.
Across the face, dude. Across the face.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He got rattled with all the breakdowns was not getting the ball out quick enough in the second half and missed badly on throws down field. He is what we thought he is.