Opinions on Davis after this game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I like Davis, but he is what he is, and what we see is likely what we get. I don't expect him to develop into a franchise QB, so we need a healthy Sam or a need guy to be the long term answer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Davis, but he is what he is, and what we see is likely what we get. I don't expect him to develop into a franchise QB, so we need a healthy Sam or a need guy to be the long term answer.

I'm still not sure. I've seen franchise QBs have worse games when they got hit like Davis. He still made some plays and throws in this game that were just "wow" worthy. I want to see whether he can improve...he's essentially a rookie. He's a bit over-aggressive at times but using your check-down usually is something that comes with experience.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm still not sure. I've seen franchise QBs have worse games when they got hit like Davis. He still made some plays and throws in this game that were just "wow" worthy. I want to see whether he can improve...he's essentially a rookie. He's a bit over-aggressive at times but using your check-down usually is something that comes with experience.

I'm not basing that off this game, but rather probability that an undrafted guy who was cut from multiple teams and essentially brought in as a last resort will develop into a franchise QB. Just not likely.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Davis needs to run more. Kapernuts runs even though he has good pass blocking. Davis needs to learn to do it to escape the rush a couple of times a game as he's never going to get good protection from the current line.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not basing that off this game, but rather probability that an undrafted guy who was cut from multiple teams and essentially brought in as a last resort will develop into a franchise QB. Just not likely.

In the end, all of that doesn't matter. It's all about what he can do on the field. Thus far, the results are mixed...but not bad.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Davis is just a guy. This is an outstanding receiving corps with a 3rd string QB. This was a winnable game that he couldn't win.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Davis wasn't perfect and definitely could have done much better, but P. Manning was just a guy in the Super Bowl with this kind of support. Thinking that a Different QB will fix this team is a little delusional IMHO.
One guy will never beat 105 playing against him plus how ever many refs are in on the fix in a game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Davis wasn't perfect and definitely could have done much better, but P. Manning was just a guy in the Super Bowl with this kind of support. Thinking that a Different QB will fix this team is a little delusional IMHO.
One guy will never beat 105 playing against him plus how ever many refs are in on the fix in a game.

Davis and SCHOTTY lost this game.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Davis is just a guy. This is an outstanding receiving corps with a 3rd string QB. This was a winnable game that he couldn't win.
OUTSTANDING is a bit much don't you think?
Maybe more like decent or good, but not outstanding.

bigdog2834

UDFA
Name
Donnie
Davis and SCHOTTY lost this game.

Really? Jenkins being overly aggressive as usual and trying to jump a rout with no help over the top leading to a TD right before the half with them getting the ball at the start of the 2nd didn't lose the game for us? Gaines getting juked out of his shoes for a TD didn't lose it for us? The defense getting no pressure on the QB, no sacks yet again, and generally playing like shit yet again didn't lose it?

How about the offense? O-Line playing like shit yet again? Bailey not running his rout properly which should have been an easy TD?

IMO Davis is one of the few things keeping us in games.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He is Chad Henne, Chad Pennington, Matt Cassell, Christian Ponder, Charlie Whitehurst, Matt Flynn, etc. etc. etc.

He won't win you a game, but he sure as hell can lose you a few.
That's exactly how i would describe our defense. They've literally done that.

I'm still not sure how folks think that Davis isn't good enough to win games for this team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
In your mind....At what point in this game was it winnable? Before or after Davis lead the offense to a 14-0 lead?

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
We do not know what Davis is, we ar still learning, and will be for the rest of the season. Not much else to do with it at this point. He is still learning and other teams are starting to learn him....we will see where it all lands.

"Outstanding receiving corps"...huh???? Based on what?

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Behind a decent OL he'd be fine...sort of Favreish. Not very accurate but can make a play moving around...some good, some bad plays.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Look back, this "outstanding" receiver corp didn't to a damn thing before Davis started playing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
IMO he floats the ball a little too much but has the arm strength not to , that everyone's opinion of him would be more favorable had the Rams not given up on the run too early and asked him to win the game.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Can't blame the kid. He has issues but the guy got hit again all day long. The whole team just seemed utterly defeated in the 2nd half.
What do you expect when you know the game is stacked against you. The players know what we know here, they see the film. They understand that penalties against the opponent won't be called, while phamtom penalties against them will be. I'm sure it's well known issue inside the current Rams facility. So, when you already exist within that reality, and then a phantom OPI is called on a huge offensive play, young players are going to throw their hands up. Quite frankly, I don't blame them. In those conditions, everyone is simply playing for a paycheck, because getting emotionally involved in a rigged event is to set your self up for devastation.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow all the he is what we thought he was and he is a backup talk. I guess the honeymoon is over huh. It's funny how one game really one half makes or break basically a rookie passer. There was a lot wrong with a lot of different areas and the 9ers do have a good defense. We have been screwed by refs and lack of experience in the backend. I know the record is depressing but season isn't over and reinforcements are on the way

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I wasn't sold on him before this game and im still not sold. He panics when blitzed, doesnt check down to a quick screen to slow down the blitz, he makes poor decisions with double or triple coverage, continuously throws the ball high, he tries to be a good leader with moxie but in the end he just isnt talented enough. A good back up but thats it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I still like him a lot and think he will bounce back. Hopefully the rest of the team does as well.