Ok now that Fisher is gone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
5f3e0c1ce8ae450e99157d3263c7fddf.jpeg
He certainly would. He is a leader of men and would hire the right coordinators and other personnel to run the squads and would only serve as a rudder to direct them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I say bring in Harbaugh to coach the team....Rehire "Mad" Mike Martz to run the o, and bring back the lovely Lovie Smith for the defensive side of the ball....we would be back playing in February in no time hahaha now obviously I'm joking, but just think about it lol

If they were to attract Harbaugh there is no way in hell they'd dictate his staff. Bringing in Harbaugh is where that action stops, then it's a question of who has final say (probably Harbaugh to get him to come btw) and how to balance the front office around that direction.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2. Todd Haley......... He runs the Pittsburgh EP variant and his work with Big Ben has been not only good, but very underrated. All the LeVeon Bell love? Yeah, that's Todd Haley's offense. That should be Gurley. Could be... Was the HC in KC and had issues, mostly personality issues that he seems to have rehabbed because the players in Pitt don't seem to want to talk about Haley as an HC candidate, a sure sign that they like their coach and want him to stay. Haley was the OC in AZ with Warner as well. He KNOWS how to work with QBs. If Kroenke can't get Harbaugh, Haley should be the guy!

I would bring Haley in of course for an interview, just like with McDaniels, Shanny Jr, and Cooter. But I think the dude has some serious personality flaws and it's hard for me to view him favorably. McDaniels is similar in that way, although he's done a better job this year with less optimum pieces with the way he steered them to a 3-1 record without Brady.

But IMO and of course depending on how they interview I do think I favor Shanny and Cooter over both those guys.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Short (long) list for me:
1. Jim Harbaugh
No thanks... burns out after a few years then we have to start over.
2. David Shaw
Don't know enough about him yet
3. Jon Gruden
I dunno... like what he did when he was a coach and I think he'd bring the discipline they need but it's been quite a while since he was in "the game".
4. Kyle Shanahan
I'd be good with him.
6. Matt Patricia
Always leery of first time HCs... although we know that can work. I've heard good things about him, though. And knowing "the Patriot Way" can't hurt.
10. Jim Bob Cooter
See Patricia.

Ellard80

Legend
I can't stand Harbaugh... but he is the perfect fit.

He matches up with your personnel nicely.

Not sure how realistic it is however.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I would bring Haley in of course for an interview, just like with McDaniels, Shanny Jr, and Cooter. But I think the dude has some serious personality flaws and it's hard for me to view him favorably. McDaniels is similar in that way, although he's done a better job this year with less optimum pieces with the way he steered them to a 3-1 record without Brady.

But IMO and of course depending on how they interview I do think I favor Shanny and Cooter over both those guys.

Well, yeah... it sort of goes without saying that whomever anyone names that they nail the interview.

I would absolutely change my outlook if any candidate didn't get along with players and/or staff during the interview process. I mean, that's about as friendly and as easy as it gets.

I know Todd Haley used to be a real jerk. I was about as hard on him as anyone when he went to KC (that was the Glenn Dorsey debacle... it wasn't good, no sugar coating it.) The ONLY reason he's not only gotten off of my "do not consider" list and onto my short list is because he really seems to have taken stock of his failures, both in AZ and KC. He wasn't the most liked guy in AZ, either.

So, yeah, a LOT will depend on the interview process and we'll have to hope that whomever is a part of this process will be thoughtful and really have a vision for where they want this franchise to be a year from now...3 years from now...10 years from now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, yeah, a LOT will depend on the interview process and we'll have to hope that whomever is a part of this process will be thoughtful and really have a vision for where they want this franchise to be a year from now...3 years from now...10 years from now.

Exactly. And that is why I am trying to avoid judgments on these guys and instead enjoy this process, since it is so crucial. I really don't like Haley, but yeah he might have changed who knows, and I'm not gonna get my boxers all in a knot if he's the guy, I will get behind him and hope I'm wrong.

But again I want to see the Rams cast a wide net and leave no stone unturned.

A55VA6

Legend
Jon Gruden
David Shaw
Kyle Shanahan
Matt Patricia

Those would all be good choices. I personally want Gruen, but not sure how likely that is.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those would all be good choices. I personally want Gruen, but not sure how likely that is.

Gruden is going to be like most of the top candidates: he will want the job. We're already hearing it in the media, guys are lining up all over for this one. It is THE job.

Rams just gotta get it right.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My top three choices in order:

David Shaw.
Jim Harbaugh.
Matt Patricia.

I know that Patricia is a risk, having never been a head coach before, but the guy is undeniably intelligent enough to run both offense and defense - and I believe that he's done both.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Short list for now for me.

David Shaw
Jim Harbaugh

Great !! College coaches ?? Really ?? When was the last successful college coach in the NFL ??

Harbaugh ain't coming either. He is enjoying coaching at Michagan. He will leave a legacy.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Great !! College coaches ?? Really ?? When was the last successful college coach in the NFL ??

Harbaugh ain't coming either. He is enjoying coaching at Michagan. He will leave a legacy.

College Coaches who had success in the NFL
Jimmy Johnson
Tom Coughlin
Bill Walsh
Jim Harbaugh
Bobby Ross--only coach to get SD to a SB.
Dennis Green
Pete Carroll
Steve Mariucci
Don Coryell
Dick Vermiel

Just about all these guys went to a SB outside of Green and Coryell I believe. I didnt include Barry Switzer because he was a tool.

I hope this answers your question.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
My top three choices in order:

David Shaw.
Jim Harbaugh.
Matt Patricia.

I know that Patricia is a risk, having never been a head coach before, but the guy is undeniably intelligent enough to run both offense and defense - and I believe that he's done both.

Patricia is a certified rocket scientist.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Jon Gruden
David Shaw
Kyle Shanahan
Matt Patricia

I like this list except for gruden don't want someone that has been in the booth this long. I think he would last 2 or 3 years and go back to the booth. I want someone like belicheat that will keep us in sb contention for 15 or 20 years. not asking much am i.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I wonder if Tony Dungy is interested in Coaching again. Would bring the right attitude and culture. Probably Lovie as DC. But would he hire the right OC? I like Harbaugh if he can be lured away.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
College Coaches who had success in the NFL
Jimmy Johnson
Tom Coughlin
Bill Walsh
Jim Harbaugh
Bobby Ross--only coach to get SD to a SB.
Dennis Green
Pete Carroll
Steve Mariucci
Don Coryell
Dick Vermiel

Just about all these guys went to a SB outside of Green and Coryell I believe. I didnt include Barry Switzer because he was a tool.

I hope this answers your question.

Well -- let's just say then. I''m not a big fan of David Shaw !! He just does not win the big games.
Niner fans say that about Harbaugh , but I think Jim Harbaugh is a different bred & heck off a coach. He gets the most out of his players & they buy in !!

Pete Carrol is the opposite. He was more of an NFL that coached at USC !! He is the perfect raw raw guy.He probably coached one of the best defensive teams in the Niners.Dion Sanders was on his prime .
Want to stay with The Stanford Tree Bill Walsh was one of a kind.
Coryell had Maddon & Fred Dryer with him. A very special time.
Bobby Ross was a military coach who went to GT. Some good times.
Denny Green ? Don't really recall.
DV at ucla was back in the day when things were different. The game has changed.He changed with the game, but never could see him back in college after Philly.
Jimmy Johnson -- was top of the top !! His teams were amazing.He knew how to coach players with attitudes . M. Irvining was a special player for him.

T. Coughlin might be a good hire for 2 years,but I don't recall his college coaching off hand.

---David Shaw is not in that category !! Talk recent years.The guy from Ohio State ?? I. Myers ?? There is a solid coach. He knows how to win !!!

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well -- let's just say then. I''m not a big fan of David Shaw !! He just does not win the big games.

With all due respect, I don't feel like that's an accurate statement. David Shaw is 2-2 in BCS Bowls and 3-0 in the Pac-12 Championship Game in his career at Stanford.

---David Shaw is not in that category !! Talk recent years.The guy from Ohio State ?? I. Myers ?? There is a solid coach. He knows how to win !!!

How do we know? Many would have said Jim Harbaugh isn't that category before his NFL success. Shaw's winning percentage at Stanford is about as good as Harbaugh's at Michigan. I'm not going to compare Shaw and Harbaugh at Stanford because that's not fair to Harbaugh.

But Shaw has been wildly successful at Stanford. And runs pro style schemes on both sides of the ball. I cannot agree at all with the implication that Shaw doesn't know how to win.

Urban Meyer isn't a guy who will ever end up in the NFL.(imo) He doesn't run pro style schemes, and his strongest attribute is his ability to recruit. Don't get me wrong, he's as good of a college coach as you can find. But he's the type of guy whose game doesn't translate to the Pros.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
After the MNF game, doesn't my boy Matt Patricia look like a damned fine candidate?

I take him over boy wonder any day of the week to be honest. Just not sold on Josh able to keep his emotions in check on and off the field. I read the feel good article about his dad etc etc
just sayin I think Patricia is going to have a better future imho