Ok now that Fisher is gone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
Who do we want/need to hire?? I have not followed the coaches out there. Also any word on Snead??

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Keep Snead I guess.....I enjoy his nonsensical double speak.....HC, no idea, although the idea of Harbaugh seems far fetched and does not thrill me.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Keep Snead. Hire a HC is supposed to coach and not have final authority on drafting.

Now that Fisher is out, how about that Standford Head Coach?

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Please bring in an offensive minded genius. In recent years the Rams have not been able to develop the OL or WR group.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
0104_JMcDaniels_inside.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Careful what we wish for.....Take our time...identify who we like (damn I hope this was done already)...and move quickly..

Sorry but unless Williams does some remarkable things...he's gone too...

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Who do we want/need to hire?? I have not followed the coaches out there. Also any word on Snead??

Well if he shows up for the Jeff Fisher show tonight, he's probably safe for the rest of the season. After that, who knows.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I was a bit yoing during his broncos tenure. Was he a bad coach or what?

He had a rough first go. In his first offseason, he completely alienated and then moved on from Cutler only to bring in Tebow as a first rounder.

But - on hindsight, one could say that he was the first to see thru Cutler and that a he began the build that led to the Broncos Super Bowl Run. Who knows how much personnel input he had - but he has proven himself as an offensive mind and he wouldn't be a rookie head coach this time around.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't know who the best fit is but as long as he can bring in a good offensive mind and clean up all the BS penalties that's a huge start.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Short (long) list for me:
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. David Shaw
3. Jon Gruden
4. Kyle Shanahan
5. Todd Haley
6. Matt Patricia
7. Teryl Austin
8. Anthony Lynn
9. Dave Toub
10. Jim Bob Cooter

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Short (long) list for me:
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. David Shaw
3. Jon Gruden
4. Kyle Shanahan
5. Todd Haley
6. Matt Patricia
7. Teryl Austin
8. Anthony Lynn
9. Dave Toub
10. Jim Bob Cooter

Good list. I'd put Kyle above Gruden though. Gruden is the guy if you want to keep Williams and the defense, which I don't want right now. Secondary needs help at CB and I want a safer and more disciplined approach.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He had a rough first go. In his first offseason, he completely alienated and then moved on from Cutler only to bring in Tebow as a first rounder.

But - on hindsight, one could say that he was the first to see thru Cutler and that a he began the build that led to the Broncos Super Bowl Run. Who knows how much personnel input he had - but he has proven himself as an offensive mind and he wouldn't be a rookie head coach this time around.

That's one way to put it. Not really the most accurate way of putting it. McDaniels blew things up to such a terrible extent that it did set Elway up with a nice opportunity to put together a Super Bowl team. But McDaniels certainly takes no credit for that.

The team he inherited in Denver was about the best job you could ask for. He had a young franchise QB coming off a Pro Bowl season. He had one of the top WRs in football. A good overall OL with a franchise LT. Their defense had some major flaws but also had good pieces.

Basically, he inherited a team that was capable of making the playoffs with some good coaching and personnel moves. McDaniels had complete control over personnel, IIRC. He more or less blew that team up. Got rid of all the talent and drafted horrendously.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good list. I'd put Kyle above Gruden though. Gruden is the guy if you want to keep Williams and the defense, which I don't want right now. Secondary needs help at CB and I want a safer and more disciplined approach.

I think I'd move on from Williams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and btw, Kroenke's patience is a great opportunity for the hot coordinator types. Not sure how Stan is thinking on that, but Kyle for example you could add him and give him time to learn on the job, which isn't always the case with a lot of these owners.

Still want him to knock on Harbaugh's door with the blank check first of course. But I think Kyle might be a perfect fit for this team right now.