Official Rams@Ravens Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired .

That's the mantra they gave me when I got into A.A.

After a loss, which is far too often, ROD is kind of like an online A.A. meeting with lots of cursing, smoking, and threats. Except of course here we also have the ingestion of copious amounts of alcohol. At least that's my guess from reading some of the posts here each week.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change(That my team continually loses and breaks my heart).

The courage to change the things I can(stop watching or even giving a damn).

And the wisdom to know the difference(It's just a game........right).

And help me not to go back to drinking in order to dull my pain. Amen.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R7l7nDuj1o

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Tampa Bay is 5-5
That team from Illinois that spanked the Rams last week in our house are 4-6
That hot mess in SF is only 1 game back of us at 3-7

giphy.gif

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Tampa Bay is 5-5

giphy.gif
And I wouldn't bet a plug nickle that we could play with any one of them!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tampa Bay is 5-5

giphy.gif

Tampa Bay got Winston. They have themselves a legit QB and some young skill players starting to round into shape.

Personally, I'd rather we lose and set ourselves up for a QB at this point. Although, I say this now...next Sunday...I won't be too happy when we lose again.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And I wouldn't bet a plug nickle that we could play with any one of them!
Well just to pat myself on the back a little bit, i called a good season from Tampa in pre season. We'll see the Bucs in a few weeks.

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
I feel bad now.. I stop watching the game when we were up by 7. Sounds stupid, but...I had trouble watching the O. Defense didn't look like they showed up. I saw another Oline man get hurt and I said to myself. We are up by 7. We wont sore more then another 7, with this O line.... No with this Offense. Sadly I was right. Rams have the worst Oline in football. Can barley make Todd Gurley look good.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
without checking, who's the guy in the middle for the Lakers? #54. still have NO idea how the doctor scored on this play.
@junkman It's not Kwame , Grant or Haley Hmmm landsberger?

I had to check. Mark Landsberger. He had no business covering Erving on a wing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjdEP7I2fRA

The trick is reverse english. I got pretty good at this shot both left and right handed, lots of practice after seeing Erving do it, use it frequently in games (although I don't have the Dr's hang time). It's harder to block than a regular reverse because it naturally keeps you between the defender and the ball. If Erving had pulled the ball back to his left hand to reverse it with regular english (an unnatural movement from behind the backboard), Kareem would have swatted it.

Drive right, jump off left foot, right handed shot (no left hand even for control), reverse english from behind the backboard. Poetry in motion when the Dr does it. There's a bit more contact when I do it.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Spagnolian.

That's my new word.

Example: Today's loss to the Ravens was positively Spagnolian.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Anyone else upset at no play action called on one of their last drives where they were trying to run out clock? Even lining up on shotgun. Not taking advantage of the threat of Gurley at all. Not to mention they didn't do any roll outs to take advantage of Keenum's mobility.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I'm not even gonna bother the rest of the season I'm done. Hard to enjoy a team that does absolutely everything to lose. I want Fisher gone I want our oline coach gone. See ya boys with a top 5 pick in the draft

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm glad I was forced to miss the game. For the first time in my life I feel like I could coach a football team better than the actual HC.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Not the scapegoat today, but i'm done with Zuerlein. I called it a year ago. He's an anti-clutch, big leg kicker with fragile confidence.
Tired of not caring by late November.
If this coaching staff can't manufacture 5 more wins then i'm done with Fisherball. Love the guy and what he brings to the divisional play, but this team looks unprepared for the rest of the league year in and year out, week after week.

5 more wins?:rolllaugh: Not gonna' happen.
This pos team is not going to beat SF.
Dead serious. This is not a vent. This team is becoming unwatchable.

@CodeMonkey and I had a lively discussion at ballpark village.
You nailed it my friend, there is simply no other explanation.

BTW, if we stay in StLoo, I'd be cool with a new coach. If we move, I'd be cool with a new coach.

(Side note- what is " having gone through a relocation" fucking got to do with anything?)

I was in favor of his gettig his 5th year - but not so much now. He's been in QB hell, but it goes deeper than that. Team's regressing.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Fun stat, the Rams are averaging the least points per drive and least yards per drive in the NFL.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Fun stat, the Rams are averaging the least points per drive and least yards per drive in the NFL.
That's what happens when you have the worst third down conversion rate EVER.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coach Fish knows talent and that's great, but it's really feeling like Spags again with the post game loss interviews.
Blah blah blah, fix this and that.
When the game needs adjustments, my goodness, our coaches can't figure out how to do it.
The offense is worse than the freaking Spags/Devaney era. Just awful.
Fisher ball looks alot like spags ball. With the same results except he has better players to work with.
Spagnolian.
That's my new word.
Example: Today's loss to the Ravens was positively Spagnolian.
Funny (and sad)... I defended Spagnuolo 'till the end.
I really didn't like the Fisher hire for multiple reasons (dirty rep... that scrimmage against the Rams after he lost the SB... Titan fan comments when he got let go... his record)
Man, was my life miserable for years... seemed my disdain and skepticism of Fisher was analyzed as bitterness that the Rams fired Spagnuolo.
Never was the case.... four (what appear to be) wasted years later, those same fans that attacked me are now attacking the head coach they said was going to get us to the promised land.
I laugh at them now... if we've learned anything about Rams football (or football in general), it's that we can't assume anything.

The problem is that we had the lead and played Fisher ball and lost the game.
The game has Fisher in it's rear view mirror and he's fading fast! He is incapable of changing to the new NFL and it appears that he can't coach players worth a damn either. This team is boring, bad, undisciplined, and is downright painful to watch.
The Rams need a coach that knows modern football.
No, he's not a very good head coach and, I'd suggest he's not really that good at talent either. If he were, this team would be better.
I've seen it go both ways... great talent making an average HC look good... great HC making average talent look good.
Fisher is an average head coach making average talent look really bad.

The OL has been a disaster since Fisher got here. Every attempt to bolster the OL has ended in poor play and injuries. At some point you would think they could make it through a season with 3 or 4 of the game 1 starters still playing in week 17.
Blame has to start going towards Fisher for the offense's lack of production. He hired these guys after all.
This is on Fisher... he's had four years to build up an oline (and offense, for that matter) that has some quality depth. Going into this fourth year, here's what he had assembled:
* Saffold (unreliable health)
* Robinson
* A bunch of journeymen and rookies.
Overall, they haven't performed well... we shouldn't be in this position in year four of a regime.

"Never draft a stupid player"
It is proven time and time again to be sound advice yet Snisher does not seem to follow it.
Typical Fisher game. He’s just not a very good head coach. He’s basically what he is. Average. The big issue with this team is we have dumb players. And I mean dumb. And these are Fisher’s players. His free agents. His draft picks.
Funny... who are the most consistent guys on the team? The smart ones:
Long
Lauinaitis
Quinn
Donald
These are guys who play smart, disciplined football - even if they are not the world's best athletes. Fisher covets dumb athletes - for the most part.
Those are the guys who appear inconsistent... because they rely too much on their athletic skills (Robinson) and not enough on their brains... they think athleticism can overcome smarts... they can't.

This coach doesn't play to win games. He may be afraid of success.
Not playing to win, had a lead and went into even more of a shell.
And this is why things won't change as long as Jeff Fisher and Frank Cignetti are in charge of the offense. Don't expect change... ain't happening with those two.
I don't expect changes in mid-season.. but, if I don't see some changes after the season? I'm done watching games like this... if I want to be tortured, I can call my ex-wife! :LOL:

Take your dog out for the day next Sunday instead. You'll be glad you did.
Boy, I remember suggesting this to someone years ago when the Spags teams were as futile as we saw yesterday... let's just say it didn't sit well with one particular member of that board.
;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Boy, I remember suggesting this to someone years ago when the Spags teams were as futile as we saw yesterday... let's just say it didn't sit well with one particular member of that board.
;)

Anyone you care to name? :sneaky:

I have no regrets over Fisher being hired as head coach by the Rams. He got us to the next level. Keep in mind the shambles the Rams were in when he got hired. But now it's time to move on and get someone who can get us over the hump and into the playoffs on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.