Official Rams@Bengals Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Banking on some major changes at the end of the season. The final five games can't get over soon enough. It gets so old coming into the season with renewed optimism only to get kicked square in the nuts with this team. IMO, this is the worst franchise in the league and will continue to be with Kroenke at owner. I'm sure most employed (non-players/coaches) are embarrassed to say they are part of this franchise. I know I would be. I'm not trying to be a downer, but I honestly do not see this team getting better with the same ownership and current coaching staff. Fisher will lose this locker room after today's loss and it will show over the next five weeks. There are some players that need to be released, cut, or just driven to the city limits and told not to come back. We as fans deserve better than this. It's hard spending 3-4 hours every Sunday watching such poor football. It's not even competitive. I really feel for those who spend hundreds, if not thousands, of their hard earned money and their time supporting a franchise with an owner who does not care at all. Let me repeat myself, we have an owner who does not care about anything other than moving this team. I wish there was a way to get him removed from ownership. I would love ten minutes in a room giving him a piece of my mind.

Last night I told one of my sons this has been one of the more disappointing overall seasons in both college and professional football. It hurts even more now that his college career is over.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
In recent losing seasons, they had guys that cared a lot but had no talent. Rams lost big.

As team talent started to develop, losing margins got smaller. We talked about moral victories.

Last few years as our talent really came on, there was this feeling that we could play with anyone, and certainly keep it close.

Now? We have talent on D but do they really care? Not if they are giving up points and yards like that.

O? Just a dumpster fire. No talent (except Gurley and Tavon). The rest? Can't tell if it's a lack of talent or effort but it's painful to watch.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So if Keenum passes concussion protocols does he start next week? As bad as he was I'd rather see him than Foles. I'm done with Foles.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I feel like this. I really do

giphy.gif
I feel yuh. I really don't see much reason to get pissed. It won't make me feel any better and it won't help the team or this site. I'm just going to watch for areas of improvement or maybe see if Mannion gets some snaps and see what he looks like.

Go Rams!!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Tavon played with the heart of a Ram today.

Atkins, destroyed the rest of our game.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
What exactly did Greg do today? Besides the holding call....he was pretty clean, no? I thought a bunch of the pressure was up the middle, and on Reynolds side? No?

I thought so too. Pressure came from the DT's taking advantage of the guards and center.

OL will be better next season

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Fischer should be fired because he refuses to adjust course.

It leaves the impression that he would rather lose than admit he doesn't have all the answers.

What a waste of a defense that could have been something.

No wonder JJ wants out.

The only way to keep this team from going into full revolt is to throw the kitchen sink at drafting a top tier QB, replacing Fisher with an offensive minded and likable guy, while keeping Williams for a sense of stability...

I'll be going to the 9er v. Rams game... and we had better damn well win.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The losing obviously isn't vent-worthy since the season was over weeks ago and indeed it's the same loss over and over, yawn. But I have to admit being fascinated by the new depths of utter incompetence and embarrassment to which these coaches & players are sinking. Maybe some will stop watching but for me it's 100% a train wreck that I will stick around to see how gruesome it gets. I look forward to lots of injury excuses and how guys "just need to develop" to justify yet another lost season, and the excuse that a bad offense means the defense can't perform like an elite unit, how we really need to re-sign all the same loser players because they aren't the problem since it's always something else that's the problem, etc. I'm also interested to see how Fisher -- a guy that doesn't even have the mental capacity to fathom that preseason is for getting a team ready for a season -- will treat the meaningless remaining games to build for the future. At this point I fully expect him to sign Scott Wells to be that bridge to a brighter tomorrow.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I decided to scoop up dog shit in the backyard after the 3rd quarter mid point. Truth, nothing else

Athos

Legend
This team is a hit fucking mess of a joke just mailing it in.

Everyone but Gurley, Tavon, Havenstein, and Brown can take a hike out of the NFL.

God friggen awful showing of inept talent.

Foles is not a starting NFL QB. Fisher got had by smoke and mirrors. The real trade was Sams contract and the draft pick. Because he's worse than KrapperDoodle.

Fisher should start cleaning out his office right now.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Hard to even be too upset. The Bengals are a good team. We just don't have the players to compete with them right now. Not with so many injuries. We're down two Pro Bowl level players on defence in Quinn and Ogletree. And we have nothing even close to an NFL calibre offensive line with so many guys out. Which will destroy any offensive game plan. Let alone with awful QB play and mediocre receiving options.

The defence seems to be packing it in. Hard to blame them. The season is clearly over and it must be beyond frustrating playing with this offence.

The offensive line is a total disaster. Time to invest there. Yet again. Sigh. It is true we have lots of young guys on the line and that potential is there. But if we are going to spend our high draft capital on a QB - and have a RB like Gurley - you need more than just potential on the line. You need a highly competent unit complete with quality depth to protect your top offensive assets.

Speaking of need to protect our highly drafted QB, assuming we draft one, it is time to play Mannion the rest of the way. In an ideal world, I'd still rather he continue to serve as backup and be brought along slowly. You don't draft a developmental guy only to have him killed behind a garbage o-line, leading battered QB syndrome. But circumstances have forced our hand. We need to find out what we have in Mannion immediately. It looks like we'll be in position to draft a QB this year. Let's find out if we need to invest our high 1st at the QB position. We might well be able to get a solid QB with one of our two (high) 2nd round picks. Carr and Bridgewater were drafted in that range. And that is only recently. You don't necessarily need to draft a QB top 5 to get your starter.

FRO

Legend
This team is a hit freaking mess of a joke just mailing it in.

Everyone but Gurley, Tavon, Havenstein, and Brown can take a hike out of the NFL.

God friggen awful showing of inept talent.

Foles is not a starting NFL QB. Fisher got had by smoke and mirrors. The real trade was Sams contract and the draft pick. Because he's worse than KrapperDoodle.

Fisher should start cleaning out his office right now.
We traded Sam's one year contract and turned around and signed Foles to a decent sized contract before he played one snap.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've become apathetic about this team. Gurley and Austin are the only reason why I haven't stopped watching. But if they don't start Mannion from here on, I don't know if that'll be enough for me to watch the rest of the games this year.
I gotta say - at this point - why not? At minimum, we need to see what we have in Mannion BEFORE the draft. It's clear we have nothing else at QB so what is the point in trotting them out there? To get receivers killed and waste Gurley and TA?

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I went grocery shopping and cleaned my kitchen, and I didn't check the score until midway through the 3rd quarter. As long as the Rams don't make changes, they just aren't worth my time anymore.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta say - at this point - why not? At minimum, we need to see what we have in Mannion BEFORE the draft. It's clear we have nothing else at QB so what is the point in trotting them out there? To get receivers killed and waste Gurley and TA?

Exactly. Let's see what we have. He seemed ready to me. Still some things in his game I don't love. But I don't know if they'll ever change. But he was not struggling mentally to figure out what was going on and he looked more accurate than Foles and Keenum have.

Status
Not open for further replies.