Official Rams@49ers Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FRO

Legend
It seems like every year after a big win, we beat a bad team the next week. It's aggravating. For me we have to fire Fisher. My bar was 8-8. He didn't reach that mark. He has to go. Losing this game makes the whole 3 game winning streak horrible. If you are going to have a losing record, at least get a decent draft pick out of it. I wanted to be at least .500 and we couldn't do that. Fisher has had ample time. It looks like there is going to be a decent coaching crop out there. Time to make our move.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Should have kept moving the ball down the field and not settled for a 47 yard field goal...Playing not to lose, Fisher needs to trust his offensive coordinator like he trusts his defensive coordinator because I'm sure Boras would not have called three straight running plays.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
badnews, while there is some validity to your post, it disregards the overall failure of Fisher in year four. We are a 7 win team in year four, as we were in year one. I think there is talent on the roster, but not getting to a winning season after all of this time, reflects on coaching. When I post about frustrations, the core of it has to with watching Arians and others take their team to 10 wins in a year or two while Fisher plays not to lose with a SORRY ASSED NINER TEAM IN OverTime in year FOUR!!!!!!. Is it whining to expect more than 7 wins in year four?

No, expecting better isn't whining.
All of us expected better this year.
At the end of the day, this was a divisional road game without playoff implications. We lost in overtime. Not on a stupid throw that was picked. Not because our stupid coaches called a ridiculous play. We lost because Kendricks didn't pick up his man.
Were there other reasons? Sure.

My problem is that if we kick that fg, this whole thread goes away, maybe we're a little bothered by how close It was, but most here would have been excited with a 4 game win streak and back to back road wins against division rivals. Instead, kick gets blocked and the whole team is garbage.... that's whining.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I was at the game. Here are my impressions;

Defense:

Looked like we thought we were playing a different team.

Completely zero gap control between the 20 s.

55 had zero impact other than occasionally taking up space at the LOS. With him in there we are playing with 10 defenders. 20, when he was in there, was beating 55 to the ball carrier - for example.

91 sack was because he was being blocked by a fb / te. He wasn't able to hold the edge or impose his will. He looked undersized and outclassed.

Our two wonder corners have been reading their press clippings. They did not show up to play. I don't know how you can lose track of Bolden. 22 gave up inside leverage and made Tory Smith look like Jerry Rice. Jenkins.... is not a #1 and we should not give him a long term deal. Franchise him or trade him if we need the cap.

26 was a bright spot, although he seems to get stuck in zone and is slow to drive on RB in space.

99 is a beast. He tipped the ball that was intercepted. Looked like he expected it to be thrown at him. One costly penalty - uncharacteristic.

Didn't see much of any pass rush but that was probably due to the offensive game plan.

Offense:

Lots of cuts to be made.

QB is good at everything but throwing the ball. His ball placement was bad. His balls look like a golfer with a slice. I don't know how in the hell you can throw a football with a slice, but I saw it with my own two eyes. His balls sail wide rather than high. Maybe he's side arming it. I don't know. If I cared enough I'd watch video of his throwing motion, then go to the park with my brother to try to replicate it just to see if I could do it. It was that bad.

HB2 has not made the adjustment to this level and I don't see any reason based on his performance today that we will. He seems to run toward the LOS, hit an invisible wall and dive head first at the ground. The only reason he doesn't fumble more is because the ground keeps the ball firmly in his chest. His fumble on the first series was his fault, not some great defensive play. The fact that we was allowed back in the game is highly questionable. The practice squad RB outplayed him by a mile.

I love Cunningham. He's a football player.

I love TA because he's also a football player. His biggest play was a block he made after the Mason fumble that allowed us to recover the ball. If we had 11 guys with TA's heart we would be a winning team.

I'm not an OL guy but I thought they played well.

83 looks like he's never played the game before.

Britt... I am red screen mad at that 3rd down drop. The ball literally bounced off his chest. He also didn't even try to catch that deep ball on the defensive offsides.

Cook made a great play when he batted down a poorly thrown ball on what should have been an easy pitch and catch for a much needed 1st down on 3rd and short. Can't say too much more as we wasn't a factor. He was well positioned on a run to make a good block had the HB cut back rather than dive at the ground.

Hekker's ball was beautiful. Maybe the best thrown ball of the game.

I don't know Wtf constituents at catch.

Beer was $10.

Bathroom lines were fast.

This team could make the playoffs with Gurley, 1 functional WR, and a MLB who can play downhill, as is...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wort?

If you think I think Fisher has done a good job then you my friend have a huge surprise on your hands.

LOL I was quoting you saying at least Fisher cared cause he wanted to fix the problems unlike Kroenke. Also for reference read the 2nd post in this thread.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, expecting better isn't whining.
All of us expected better this year.
At the end of the day, this was a divisional road game without playoff implications. We lost in overtime. Not on a stupid throw that was picked. Not because our stupid coaches called a ridiculous play. We lost because Kendricks didn't pick up his man.
Were there other reasons? Sure.

My problem is that if we kick that fg, this whole thread goes away, maybe we're a little bothered by how close It was, but most here would have been excited with a 4 game win streak and back to back road wins against division rivals. Instead, kick gets blocked and the whole team is garbage.... that's whining.
Just for the record, I was for Firing Fisher if he din't get 9 wins minimum this year...Again, not too much to ask in year four...As for this thread disappearing if we won the game, of course it would..How many vent threads are created (or tolerated) outisde of a loss, on ROD? We all want to be positive about the Rams, or at least I do. Four years of suck are too much, bro...after a while, we should go in a different direction, don't you think?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
83 looks like he's never played the game before.
He's not an NFL caliber WR when you look beyond his measurables. Timid, passive, no hands, uncoordinated and unintelligent in football terms. IMO the most disappointing pick in the Snead era.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Who says you can't blame Fisher my Rams Brother? He and Snead built this roster, and after 4 years, they own it! The sad part is that the good players they started accruing after the RG3 haul are about to get paid by someone else.

Oh you can. I just believe that the players too need to execute. Is it his fault they don't? Is it the coordinators? I think it's a collaboration of fuck ups. Today in particular though, I place my blame on the players foremost. We had multiple chances to seal the deal only to have individuals ruin it for the team.

@Merlin I acknowledge your response too. I wasn't dismissing his horrid career with st.louis. Fisher is to blame on that. I was just pointing out that in this one game, I do believe he wasn't the main contributor to the loss.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
He's not an NFL caliber WR when you look beyond his measurables. Timid, passive, no hands, uncoordinated and unintelligent in football terms. IMO the most disappointing pick in the Snead era.

In all honestly I think the injury really set him back, and he may have never fully recovered. He certainly was set up for major pain on that high pass he tried to catch today.

Just to be clear not saying he should come back, think he is slow to learn, and may now be damaged goods....just saying some of it may not be his fault...

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Nothing to vent about. Too many failures all around. The only good thing about this team is Gurley and Austin. I guess we'll know in a couple weeks whether they move or stay in St. Louis. Pretty pathetic loss to end the season.

And Donald.....don't forget Donald.........and Quinn......18 more and we've got a dynasty. :deadhorse:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Fisher now has 10 more losses until he has the most of any head coach in NFL history. Stan will not fire him because he doesn't want to deal with finding a coach. If Stan remotely cared about wins and losses (beside money) the entire staff from the scouts up should be replaced. None of them have shown the ability to find or coach NFL level talent.

S.K. has what, 4 sports teams? They're just a "commodity" to him and that's how it's going to remain, IMO.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As far as the game goes i have no energy to vent about players and coaches. Inexcusably conservative loss. More ho hum QB play, ho hum kicking, ho hum MLB play blah blah. Team played hard to lose. Fisher gets year 5. Fine i guess, he was brought here to stabilize not win. Yay?

The sooner the better as far as an announcement on the move. Stay or go. I don't care. Find a home where fans will buy the product and love the team. Tired of hearing about it, and i'll be glad when the team doesn't have to think about it anymore. I don't give two shits about St Louis or LA. Both cities have lost teams before.
Rams fans deserve a better product and the Rams players deserve better fans.

Very disappointing season and a shitty way to end one.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Funny how this game can really sour the last three wins and an optimistic off-season.
Meh, I never put much credence in that late run, did you?

Optimistic off season?......... Show me a new HC with competent assistants and a new offensive philosophy and I'll become optimistic.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
As far as the game goes i have no energy to vent about players and coaches. Inexcusably conservative loss. More ho hum QB play, ho hum kicking, ho hum MLB play blah blah. Team played hard to lose. Fisher gets year 5. Fine i guess, he was brought here to stabilize not win. Yay?

The sooner the better as far as an announcement on the move. Stay or go. I don't care. Find a home where fans will buy the product and love the team. Tired of hearing about it, and i'll be glad when the team doesn't have to think about it anymore. I don't give two shits about St Louis or LA. Both cities have lost teams before.
Rams fans deserve a better product and the Rams players deserve better fans.

Very disappointing season and a crappy way to end one.

Amen...

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
They came out flat on defense and only the Dline picked it up in the second half. True and JJ were way off for much of the game.

The entire game had a meaningless feel. Is it because Gurley was out? Did Fisher figure/know his job was safe and figured to take it easy in California, or were they house shopping all week?

How is the team not prepared to play their guts out for that will ?
I agree with you on the defense. But I think the offense was playing it's guts off. I just think that is who they are without Gurley. The play calling was inventive, varied and okay if a bit conservative. The execution was at the level of where our skills guys are. They are who they are. Namely, not very good.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
How can anyone actually be ok with Fisher being back next year? That's just complete insanity. I bet if you pull up vent threads from his first season we will see the same exact complaints. After four years they have not been fixed. Offense has gotten worse, penalties still a problem, way too conservative play calling on offense, dropped passes, costly mistakes in crucial times (blocked field goals, Kendricks didn't even get a hand on the guy). Am I missing anything? Fisher will be back next year and that's a travesty.

Sorry to be repetitive, but Kronke only needs a "manager" for this team (at least for now), these sports teams are merely a "commodity" to him, why else would someone own 4 of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.