Official Rams@49ers Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with you on the defense. But I think the offense was playing it's guts off. I just think that is who they are without Gurley. The play calling was inventive, varied and okay if a bit conservative. The execution was at the level of where our skills guys are. They are who they are. Namely, not very good.

I am so tired of seeing dropped passes, missed throws, etc particularly on key downs like 3RD MFING DOWN. So yeah. We definitely need an influx of better players on offense and hopefully not more ex-Tennessee retreads who Fish sees as underappreciated options.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Today was a nice reminder that you can count on this team to play down to the level of competition.

Enormously disappointing loss. I love Fish, but have had enough. Praying that Stan makes a change.

Pray someone hands you a million bucks, you have an equal chance.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I swear, some of you wouldn't know good QBing if it bit you in the ass. Missing a number of easy, wide open passes is not good QBing. Keenum played poorly today. His stats look good because he had great protection and the players were getting separation. Go back and watch how many of the passes he missed were because he threw the ball late and/or he threw the ball inaccurately.

And then the freaking WRs or TEs get blamed because Keenum throws a terrible ball and they don't make the catch. We all know our WRs and TEs need to be upgraded on. They never make the tough catches. Which is the freaking problem with Keenum. Because he makes easy throws into tough catches. He has Marquez wide the freak open and throws the ball behind him which allows the DB to knock the ball out as he is on the ground. He has Cook wide open on a 3 yard flat route and throws it behind him. He has Austin wide open on an out route and throws it wide of him. He has Britt wide open on a crosser and throws late and low. He has Cook on a spot route and throws late and low. He under-throws Britt on the open deep ball which allows the CB to make the tackle. The dude was a clusterfuck today. And nobody can blame the OL for that.
sadly enough, Keenum sees the field better than foles. but an upgrade is needed.

TheBunk

Rookie
I just think back to the preseason when some of complained of the negativity Holt and Faulk had towards the team during the games. They clearly saw this shit early on, and who would know better than those two?

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
But like, Foles.

But like, Keenum.

But like, but like, but like.

Fisher wouldn't know a competent QB if it morphed into a 3-legged walked and talking Alligator in a pink tutu wearing crocks, and came up and bitch slapped his ass.

I had to give you a like on the last sentence alone, thanks for the chuckle. ;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm so tired of all the excuses for our dreadful offense. The lethal qb combo of Josh Freeman/Ryan Lindley combined for 200 yards, 2 Td passes and the offense scored 30.
That's Josh Flippin Freeman and Ryan "we're gonna sling it" Lindley. Good grief.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most epic vent thread of the year! Wow! Please bring on the draft quickly Father Time so we have some glimmer of hope again for our beloved Rams.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just for the record, I was for Firing Fisher if he din't get 9 wins minimum this year...Again, not too much to ask in year four...As for this thread disappearing if we won the game, of course it would..How many vent threads are created (or tolerated) outisde of a loss, on ROD? We all want to be positive about the Rams, or at least I do. Four years of suck are too much, bro...after a while, we should go in a different direction, don't you think?

I'm not ready to see this team blown up again, personally. If Fisher could be replaced and that would lead to more wins, I'd be thrilled.

I'm very much on the fence with Fisher.
There are things about him I love and things that drive me crazy. I do think he is building a good team but I also think he costs us an occasional game.
I'm ok if he stays or goes I guess, because it's easy for me to see either way as our best option to make the playoffs next year.

If Fisher is canned, I hope we can find a guy who is better prepared to be an NFL HC than a Linehan or a Spagnuolo. Change for the sake of change isn't a recipe for success.
Because I don't know who is a legit upgrade at HC, I'm not going to scream for his head.

The thing is, my comments weren't about anyone's wishes for our HC position. They were about the bitchy-ness of the comments, but that's ok. I get the frustration I really do.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am still in the keep Fisher camp.

(1) Terrible offseason to search for a coach. (2) The players love him. (3) They haven't quit on him.

My only squabble is the offense. And... I believe that is fixable.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I was at the game. Here are my impressions;

Defense:

Looked like we thought we were playing a different team.

Completely zero gap control between the 20 s.

55 had zero impact other than occasionally taking up space at the LOS. With him in there we are playing with 10 defenders. 20, when he was in there, was beating 55 to the ball carrier - for example.

91 sack was because he was being blocked by a fb / te. He wasn't able to hold the edge or impose his will. He looked undersized and outclassed.

Our two wonder corners have been reading their press clippings. They did not show up to play. I don't know how you can lose track of Bolden. 22 gave up inside leverage and made Tory Smith look like Jerry Rice. Jenkins.... is not a #1 and we should not give him a long term deal. Franchise him or trade him if we need the cap.

26 was a bright spot, although he seems to get stuck in zone and is slow to drive on RB in space.

99 is a beast. He tipped the ball that was intercepted. Looked like he expected it to be thrown at him. One costly penalty - uncharacteristic.

Didn't see much of any pass rush but that was probably due to the offensive game plan.

Offense:

Lots of cuts to be made.

QB is good at everything but throwing the ball. His ball placement was bad. His balls look like a golfer with a slice. I don't know how in the hell you can throw a football with a slice, but I saw it with my own two eyes. His balls sail wide rather than high. Maybe he's side arming it. I don't know. If I cared enough I'd watch video of his throwing motion, then go to the park with my brother to try to replicate it just to see if I could do it. It was that bad.

HB2 has not made the adjustment to this level and I don't see any reason based on his performance today that we will. He seems to run toward the LOS, hit an invisible wall and dive head first at the ground. The only reason he doesn't fumble more is because the ground keeps the ball firmly in his chest. His fumble on the first series was his fault, not some great defensive play. The fact that we was allowed back in the game is highly questionable. The practice squad RB outplayed him by a mile.

I love Cunningham. He's a football player.

I love TA because he's also a football player. His biggest play was a block he made after the Mason fumble that allowed us to recover the ball. If we had 11 guys with TA's heart we would be a winning team.

I'm not an OL guy but I thought they played well.

83 looks like he's never played the game before.

Britt... I am red screen mad at that 3rd down drop. The ball literally bounced off his chest. He also didn't even try to catch that deep ball on the defensive offsides.

Cook made a great play when he batted down a poorly thrown ball on what should have been an easy pitch and catch for a much needed 1st down on 3rd and short. Can't say too much more as we wasn't a factor. He was well positioned on a run to make a good block had the HB cut back rather than dive at the ground.

Hekker's ball was beautiful. Maybe the best thrown ball of the game.

I don't know Wtf constituents at catch.

Beer was $10.

Bathroom lines were fast.

This team could make the playoffs with Gurley, 1 functional WR, and a MLB who can play downhill, as is...
Um, I think a QB would come in handy......

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My problem is that if we kick that fg, this whole thread goes away, maybe we're a little bothered by how close It was, but most here would have been excited with a 4 game win streak and back to back road wins against division rivals. Instead, kick gets blocked and the whole team is garbage.... that's whining.

Only in the literal sense does this thread disappear. I was going to rip Fisher a new a-hole win or lose on that kick even before Greg missed it. Our offense was moving the ball just fine and he stalled our drive with his stupidity and then forced our injured kicker to attempt a long FG for the win. It was an idiotic decision.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Thought the personal foul call on Donald at the end of regulation was bullshit too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on Jrry - these are both aimed at posters and not the team.

All that aside - I freaking hate vent threads. Ooh look - we lost. We need a bunch of people griping now to make it better. Sorry guys. Just not down with these threads. I could really give a crap about whining and bitching about what went wrong. We lost. It's a game. I love my Rams. I'm done with the loss. Next?

I'll tell you what's next another fucking year of the same shit.

The vent thread isn't for you if you don't need to vent. It's for the people that need to vent. Otherwise, the negativity ends up everywhere else.

I'm sorry but I've reached the end of my rope with Fisher. Same old shit. Never learns his lesson.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Just a few minor notes I haven't seen elsewhere.
  • I didn't hear Greg Robinson's name once today. (A good thing)
  • Keenum wasn't sacked at all on 37 pass attempts. 3 qb hits.
  • Cook was targeted 4 times, zero receptions.
That said, I find myself feeling very meh after this game. Even if Zuerlein had made the kick, I'd still feel meh. Rams really had a bad game for many of the reasons otherwise mentioned.

Thankful for my Ram bros (sisters?) who are feeling the pain along with me.

Last edited:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
The only, and I mean only, positive I can muster is that I felt too lousy last night and early this morning to make the five hour drive to Santa Clara and didn't endure this dumpster fire in person. I'm still too pissed off to come up with anything else.

Blaine freakin' Gabbert beat us...

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll tell you what's next another freaking year of the same crap.

The vent thread isn't for you if you don't need to vent. It's for the people that need to vent. Otherwise, the negativity ends up everywhere else.

I'm sorry but I've reached the end of my rope with Fisher. Same old crap. Never learns his lesson.

Fair enough.

By the way, I'm as ready as anyone is for a winning season.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I hate the whiners. I hate the whiners. I hate the whiners.

At least when history looks at this season we had a better season than the whiners.

I hate the whiners.

Status
Not open for further replies.