Official NFL Combine Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If the Rams took him at 23 with him possibly missing the whole season the amount of pissing and moaning would be of astronomical proportions.

Let them piss and moan. If he can rehab a year and play at the Travis Frederick level, no one’s gonna say boo.

It’s not like a major joint injury. It’s the kind of injury that can be rehabbed and never be an issue again.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Top 15 talent who seems destined for prison. If Sammy walks, I'd consider him in the mid-rounds where the juice is worth the squeeze.

No thanks. I don't want that fucking rapist on the Rams. I hope they have him completely off the board.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Waldron-Looking-for-Elite-Trait-in-TEs-at-Combine/cb8940bd-5402-4fa1-a3d0-0a8145d097ea

Waldron Looking for Elite Trait in TEs at Combine
Myles Simmons

DXZpCiPUMAAVyh1.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS — Aside from the headlining quarterbacks and wide receivers, tight ends also went through their on-field workouts for the 2018 NFL Combine on Saturday.

And with that, Rams pass game coordinator Shane Waldron was on the field with the players, getting an up-close look at some of the league’s incoming rookies.

While head coach Sean McVay recently promoted Waldron to help replace former offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur — who departed to become the Titans’ offensive coordinator and play caller — Waldron will still keep his duties as tight ends coach.

“It just adds a little bit more to the plate, and [we’ll] spread out some of the other stuff to some of the other coaches on the staff as well,” Waldron said on Saturday.

But with before he can get going on coaching tight ends in 2018, Waldron’s busy scouting them. And he said the partnership between general manager Les Snead’s personnel staff and McVay’s coaching staff has been quite strong.

“With Les and Sean, they have such a great, open-minded communication. And you get a chance as coaches, to describe what we’re looking for in each position, and I think they really listen and take it to heart,” Waldron said. “And then when they’re out on the road and they’re looking at guys and they bring them up, we have a really similar vision as to what we’re looking for.”

What does that look like for tight ends? Since players at the position must be able to perform a number of tasks — pass blocking, run blocking, receiving — Waldron likes to keep his approach fairly simple.

“Every tight end is a little bit different. It’s really hard to say that there’s that mold of a tight end because you get these guys — some are more receivers, some are more blockers. There’s a little bit different traits in each guy,” Waldron said.

“So, really, what I want to try to find is a guy who has one great characteristic and you see the potential to grow into the position. And like any good offense, if they’re good enough to break the starting 11 there, then you find out what they’re good at and you build it around that.”

Last year, Gerald Everett’s receiving ability stood out to Waldron in the Combine drills.

“[H]e’s got elite ball tracking skills, his ability to make plays after the catch — stuff like that. So that, in my mind, was his elite trait that he had,” Waldron said. “And it makes you say, ‘Let’s take a chance on this guy, get hm, and get him in the building, and build the offense around some of his strengths as well.’”

Saturday was the first time Waldron has watched the tight ends workout on the field at the NFL Combine. He said he’d been looking forward to it because it’s a chance to see the players truly in their element.

“Great advantage just to be around the guys a little bit more and out of the interview setting, where maybe they’ve been prepped a little bit and you kind of tend to get some robotic answers,” Waldron said.

“But just to be around those guys, get a feel for how they’d be as teammates — I think one of the key things in any good team is that locker room continuity. So it’s a chance to see, do these guys fit? And everyone fits differently at different places. So we’d like to find guys that we think will come into our locker room and continue what we’ve already begun to build.”

Whether the Rams bring in another tight end from this year’s draft class or not, Waldron said he’s looking for improvement throughout a group that includes Everett, Tyler Higbee, and Temarrick Hemingway — who will be returning from a torn ACL suffered during preseason play.

“I think all of them are going to have long careers and great careers ahead of them as they keep improving each individual aspect,” Waldron said. “I thought Tyler did a great job coming along as a blocker. Know he can catch the ball and keep working that way. And then Gerald, obviously, developing as a full, all-around player — he’s got some great things that he can continue to work on.

“And with Temarrick, just excited because that’s a guy — you can’t control some of the injury things that happen and all I’ve seen him do is work his butt off every day in this offseason, and during the season when he’s in his rehab process,” Waldron added.

“So I’m excited to get him back in here, when OTAs get going I can actually be around him again on the field just to see what he’s been able to accomplish, because it’s been awesome to watch him be so diligent in the rehab process.”

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No thanks. I don't want that freaking rapist on the Rams. I hope they have him completely off the board.

He wasn't charged, and the school found in favor of him after going through their process.

Memento

Name
Jemma
He wasn't charged, and the school found in favor of him after going through their process.

The school still suspended him. Too many red flags for me. If you were against the idea of Taylor Lewan on this team, then I would've thought that Callaway is especially on your shitlist, especially because he embarrassed your university.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The school still suspended h im. Too many red flags for me. If you were against the idea of Taylor Lewan on this team, then I would've thought that Callaway is especially on your shitlist, especially because he embarrassed your university.

The school suspended him while the process played out. It's no different than being arrested for a crime. That doesn't mean you're guilty.

I was against the idea of Taylor Lewan with a top 15 pick. I am also against the idea of Antonio Callaway with a top 15 pick. Taylor Lewan in the 4th round would not have bothered me one bit. Callaway is on my shitlist, but he's talented enough to be off my shitlist by the 4th round.

Memento

Name
Jemma
The school suspended him while the process played out. It's no different than being arrested for a crime. That doesn't mean you're guilty.

I was against the idea of Taylor Lewan with a top 15 pick. I am also against the idea of Antonio Callaway with a top 15 pick. Taylor Lewan in the 4th round would not have bothered me one bit. Callaway is on my shitlist, but he's talented enough to be off my shitlist by the 4th round.

Sorry. I just feel like rape charges - and reports of threatening to rape someone, along with domestic violence and animal abuse - are off my board completely, no matter the round.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry. I just feel like rape charges - and reports of threatening to rape someone, along with domestic violence and animal abuse - are off my board completely, no matter the round.

That's your right, but I don't feel the same way.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Expecting-Improvement-from-Everett-Reynolds-in-2018/94e5e16d-5c71-42c9-8c67-6962a310558d

Rams Expecting Improvement from Everett, Reynolds in 2018
Myles Simmons

INDIANAPOLIS — Saturday at the NFL Combine is usually an important day.

Last year the Rams were able to see three of their first four picks on the field on Saturday — tight end Gerald Everett, wide receiver Cooper Kupp, and wide receiver Josh Reynolds.

Of those three, Kupp was certainly the most productive in 2017. The 69th overall pick, he ended the year leading the team with 869 yards and finished second with 62 receptions.

“You talk about an impressive rookie, you look at Cooper where he really sees the game through the eyes of a quarterback,” head coach Sean McVay said this week. “But I think it’s a credit to him as an individual and we’re fortunate to have Cooper and glad we got him when we did.”

Though the numbers weren’t to the level of Kupp, Everett and Reynolds made their share of contributions, too. Everett played in all 16 games, starting two, and caught 16 passes for 244 yards with two touchdowns. Plus, he showed some versatility by taking a jet sweep 13 yards for his only carry of the year. Reynolds also played in all 16, starting one, making 11 receptions for 104 yards with one touchdown.

“What’s good about both of those guys is they got a chance to step up in various roles throughout the year,” McVay said. “You look at when Robert Woods missed a couple weeks that allowed Josh to step up. I thought he made some key conversions against New Orleans in a big win that we needed to have to kind of stay in the division race.”

“I thought [Everett] supplemented Tyler Higbee really well in some of those known passing situations — makes a couple big plays,” McVay added. “Was able to have a huge fourth and one touchdown against the Cardinals that ended up being a big play for us to be able to win that game. Makes a couple plays against the Giants. So Gerald is a guy that has a lot of ability.”

Those are reasons why Los Angeles is excited to have both with a year of experience heading into 2018.

“[Reynolds is] a guy that has all the traits and characteristics. He’s wired to separate. Great catch radius,” McVay said. “Gerald is a guy that has a lot of ability. I think its continuing to get more comfortable playing the tight end position at the professional level.

And we ask a lot of our guys, being able to play in the run and the pass game, and sometimes compete in protection, and Gerald’s a guy that I think he’s going to attack the offseason the right way and we’re hoping to see him continue to improve. But those are two guys that you are excited about.”

And while the Rams have been clear that they would like to have pending free agent wide receiver Sammy Watkins back in 2018, Reynolds could potentially soften the blow should Watkins and L.A. not come to an agreement.

“We were very impressed with Josh,” general manager Les Snead said this week. “[T]here was few things that he did in practice and even in games you’re like, ‘Wow, OK, that’s the Josh Reynolds that we saw go up and make catches against good players in college football.’ So he can wow you with some of those catches. Very excited about him whether no matter who the first three receivers are.”

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, now we know what the coaches think about the tight ends... Higbee has improved as a blocker (that's good to know... I was wondering why he was playing so much), and Everett needs to work on his blocking. Also, it seems like everyone is high on Josh Reynolds, and that's definitely gonna play into the Sammy Watkins negotiations! How much are we gonna lose if Sammy walks? Possibly not much. And then we get a 3rd round pick as compensatory... right?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A lot of Interior Linemen showing off some great speed so far today!! Some "New Guy's jumping onto my List!!
Rasheem Green Killed the 40 at 4.74 ( Un-Official)!! Watch Bilahl Nichols, and Taven Bryan!!
With a Little Luck, Da'Ron Payne could be our Man, 4.91 40!!

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The school still suspended him. Too many red flags for me. If you were against the idea of Taylor Lewan on this team, then I would've thought that Callaway is especially on your shitlist, especially because he embarrassed your university.

I would have traded back for him so fast. The Rams could have controlled that draft. Aaron Donald was the savior .
If Jake Long was good enough to have around.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Than

Thanks Prime !!!

Both those videos are straight up !! On spot !!

Jones Drew broke the team done very well. The one thing he said about what are we doing was more from McVays side . He didn’t trust Jared. I think he made to many game changing doubts. McVay will be the first to say those were his fault.So with that point I agree , but as far as false starts go ?? NO WAY !! I think the improvement there was freaking Great !!
— Where is the stat of the offense draw defenses offside vs false starts ?? I’d say The Rams offense was on the positive side.

Josh Reynolds !! (Believer) Enough said

Johnson Johnson III taking things up another level . I think its the depth with all of the young DB’s & adding to it taking it to the next level. The Rams special teams will be even stronger as well.
—excellent break down though.

—Waldron - wow - read the article,but to get a closer look at his being was nice. He has great inside by being
on the field. I think he will be a Ram for along time !!

Last edited:

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNHgaECg12s

Quite the combine from the Penn State TE!

Penn State TE Mike Gesicki produced a composite score in the 99th percentile, third all-time for Combine TEs behind Vernon Davis and Dustin Keller.

As a whole, the 2017 tight end class was the most athletic group we have ever seen. Gesicki would have been the most athletic of the group. Simply put, Gesicki was fast in a straight line, jumped out of the gym and produced top 10 all-time numbers in his agility scores at 247 pounds. The agility scores were the biggest takeaway, as we have concerns about Gesicki's game at the top of his routes when asked to sink his hips, break on routes and create separation. Gesicki only helped himself on Saturday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/136994/mike-gesicki