Official NFL Combine Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to say that I am having more fun this offseason, because I am paying less attention to it compared to most years. I came to this site after being a reading fool for a Masters degree program, and big change news awaited me almost everytime. First being our new CB Marcus Peters and then on a different day, we trade Quinn for a 4th rounder.....After moving on from Tavon, we have some serious capital to re-sign Joyner, Donald, and maybe TruJo if we want to.

Now, we have flexibility at #23....I know that Snead is aggressively moving toward very specific, low cost, high impact FA's..Of which, we will soon find out. #23 will be inspirational....I have extreme faith in Snead, McVay, and Phillips ..It might be the high end Jim Beam Whiskey I am drinking, but I am confident we will be in the NFC Championship game this year, and the Super Bowl might be ours for the taking.

God, it's good to be a Rams fan!

Ram65

Legend

Great example of the importance of film. :p

I have been looking at him this week. No electric from snow storm Fiday. On phone. He doesn't have great film on a bad team. He made more plays this year.

I like his get off. Quick off the ball. Strong too. I read Lacks consistency. I like him as a defensive end and move Brockers back to tackle. Durham's could swing them inside next to Donald on some pass-rushing plays. While he lacks pass rushing moves he could learn from Wade and Donald. It could be a good run to start and become more dominant and pass rushing in a year. With the big nose tackles gone before 23 he could be a surprise pick.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a great year to be in the market for a LB, love what I’m seeing from this group.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Griffin just ran himself in the first round.

Nah. Teams don't know what to do with the lack of hand. It's silly.

Landry and LVE are my leaders for our first round pick with Payne and Vea very unlikely to be there.

Shaquem Griffin is going to be fun to follow. Does he also have good film?

His film is incredible. He plays like he has 4.3/4.4 speed on film. He's not a workout warrior. Check his stats out:
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/shaquem-griffin-1.html

And his film is actually better than his stats. This is a kid who literally slept in the football complex during camp this year to allow himself to watch more film. He'd be my third round pick if I were the Rams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have been looking at him this week. No electric from snow storm Fiday. On phone. He doesn't have great film on a bad team. He made more plays this year.

I like his get off. Quick off the ball. Strong too. I read Lacks consistency. I like him as a defensive end and move Brockers back to tackle. Durham's could swing them inside next to Donald on some pass-rushing plays. While he lacks pass rushing moves he could learn from Wade and Donald. It could be a good run to start and become more dominant and pass rushing in a year. With the big nose tackles gone before 23 he could be a surprise pick.

What I meant of course is he's no Watt lol. And it's no certainty the big nose tackles (i.e. Vea and Payne) will be gone before 23 btw. Look at the list of DL in this draft and start googling cutups man... It's a sick group, extremely deep.

I think for them to go NT early it has to be because Vea slipped to them, OR because other teams went nuts on CB and LB. Which is really unlikely IMO. They can get the big guys all through this draft. Oh and don't think I don't like those two guys, because I do, for the record. But supply and demand side you're going to have some freaks at 23 with the aforementioned LB and CB groups.

Giles27

UDFA
Name
Giles Loveless
Nah. Teams don't know what to do with the lack of hand. It's silly.
It is silly. The kid has everything you want in a player....except two hands.
He would be a great replacement for Barron if the rams decide to move him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I meant of course is he's no Watt lol. And it's no certainty the big nose tackles (i.e. Vea and Payne) will be gone before 23 btw. Look at the list of DL in this draft and start googling cutups man... It's a sick group, extremely deep.

I think for them to go NT early it has to be because Vea slipped to them, OR because other teams went nuts on CB and LB. Which is really unlikely IMO. They can get the big guys all through this draft. Oh and don't think I don't like those two guys, because I do, for the record. But supply and demand side you're going to have some freaks at 23 with the aforementioned LB and CB groups.

It's hard for anyone to be Watt, but Taven is a monster talent. He's raw because UF's coaching was mediocre. And he could be much stronger and more talented if not for our horrendous S&C program under McElwain. Taven isn't anywhere near his ceiling. He's likely not J.J., but he could be Derek Wolfe.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm curious how league rules affect prosthetics as they are likely to become a thing sooner or later.

View: http://www.bbc.com/news/health-42430895

Get him one of these...

hook-attack.png

Ram65

Legend

Lol I knew you meant he is no JJW. I know he isn't too. I know you like the CBs/Lbers and they are good. A quick/strong DE that is near 300 lbs is interesting. This sucks sitting by the gas fireplace with no electric and heat typing on my phone with sometime 3g internet. I just wanted to be on record that I think he is a good fit for Wade's 3-4 @ DE. Didn't think much of the other NT outside Vea and Payne. Long way to go I'm hoping for CB pickup before the draft.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm curious how league rules affect prosthetics as they are likely to become a thing sooner or later.

View: http://www.bbc.com/news/health-42430895

I was wondering the same thing. At worse, just a non-functional prosthetic hand that he could use to defend passes with if he's turned that direction. That extra half a foot can make a huge difference when running with a TE. Because you know the first time a pass gets by him just barely when defending with that arm the sports shows will be replaying it over and over again asking if he is a liability.