Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I don't mind it either .... just trying to temper expectations for name recognition in the remaining staff.

yeah i'm thinking mcvay may even reach down into the college ranks for some hires. I think when harbough came in he brought a lot of college staff with him and that worked out.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I won't miss wauffle. Seeing his coaching/yelling style was a put off. You're talking to millionaires in their mid and late 20 ' s who play at the professional level, not a bunch of 19 year Olds at boot camp. The word freak loses its impact quickly when overused to that degree and wadding up paper to throw at a players face for the whole world to see? Pulease. Lombardi was tough but could you see him disrespecting a player like that? And for what gain? A good coach shows his toughness in other ways that also garner respect and when a player rspects AND Likes you, that's when you get the most out of them.

He got results. That's all I care about.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kitty Litter phenomenon. You dont just scoop out the crap clumps. Dump the whole box and get some fresh litter.
I get your point! But it was our Offense that Smelled, not our Defense or Special Teams. and they saw fit to bring back Fassel, so why not Wauffle!?!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I pray this doesn't happen!! It would be a mistake with the Players we have on defense right now!! ( Hayes-Donald-Brockers-Quinn)

I dont think it would change a whole lot. RQ would be an OLB instead of RDE, but still would be doing the same things he does in the current 4-3. The Rams would need to add some LB depth, but I dont see switching to a 3-4 as being a big change for this D. The Rams played some 3-4 the past 2 seasons in certain situations and WP could move AD around to create match up and overload problems for the OL. Barron has a knack for rushing the QB. WP has lots of experience and I'm confident he will put the best 11 players on the field for whatever packages he uses, and will put them in a position to succeed.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I dont think it would change a whole lot. RQ would be an OLB instead of RDE, but still would be doing the same things he does in the current 4-3. The Rams would need to add some LB depth, but I dont see switching to a 3-4 as being a big change for this D. The Rams played some 3-4 the past 2 seasons in certain situations and WP could move AD around to create match up and overload problems for the OL. Barron has a knack for rushing the QB. WP has lots of experience and I'm confident he will put the best 11 players on the field for whatever packages he uses, and will put them in a position to succeed.
To run a 3-4 you would need a lot better group of LB's than we currently have on the Team. I just don't see it working! JMHO

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Does anyone have an evaluation on Kroemer!? I need imput on him!!

Johnny%205.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Kromer would be a great hire IMO. Doesn't have such a large history so he probably won't force his style of offense and be able to adapt to helping McVay.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Kromer would be a great hire IMO. Doesn't have such a large history so he probably won't force his style of offense and be able to adapt to helping McVay.

I like him more as an OL coach. I think Wes Phillips is the pick at OC if the Skins let him leave, but it seems like teams aren't letting coaches move up these days, which IMO is ridiculous.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I like him more as an OL coach. I think Wes Phillips is the pick at OC if the Skins let him leave, but it seems like teams aren't letting coaches move up these days, which IMO is ridiculous.
I agree about being an OL coach. But if that's the case why wouldn't he just stay in Buffalo? Unless they already let him go.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I hope he's indulging in one glass of red wine per night which seems to be the recipe for longevity if you are Calorically-challenged a fat ass.

It hasn't hurt Charlie Weis(60), Andy Reid(58), Romeo Crennel(69), or Bill Parcells(75) in their coaching careers, but I get your point. I wonder if coaches have to go through a physical before they're hired? You would think so with the huge contracts that some of them get. It's definitely a gamble for the owners.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Former Redskins defensive coordinator Joe Barry has joined the staff as linebackers coach, per Ian Rapoport.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree about being an OL coach. But if that's the case why wouldn't he just stay in Buffalo? Unless they already let him go.
He had a 2 year contract for 2015-2016. Not under contract currently.

I wouldn't touch the guy. I'm relieved to get out of the shadow of Williams and Bountygate, don't need to bring bad karma back with a guy like this. Punched a kid in the face and told him he'd kill his whole family if he went to police? Yeah, no thanks....

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
He had a 2 year contract for 2015-2016. Not under contract currently.

I wouldn't touch the guy. I'm relieved to get out of the shadow of Williams and Bountygate, don't need to bring bad karma back with a guy like this. Punched a kid in the face and told him he'd kill his whole family if he went to police? Yeah, no thanks....
Right. I forgot about the assault thing. Never mind.