OC Candidates

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I won my fantasy football leagues this year so I would like to be considered.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Dirk Koetter is intriguing to me. Followed his playcalling at Arizona St before he wound up in Atlanta.
Chudzinski is a guy people talk about alot, but has he been a playcaller?

Yes, in Carolina for a couple of years, including Cam's rookie year when he tossed the ball for over 4000 yards.

Described by then Panthers WR Coach (and very famous and ex-Ram) Ricky Proehl as "Mike Martz without the drama."

WestCoastRam

Legend
Well, I'd say that the TE play (even if Cook has never fully lived up to his potential) has at least been a bright spot for the Rams. Should we attribute that to Boras?

Cignetti seems like he's had way more experience as an OC and play-caller.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Thinking of someone with TN connections or who runs an offense similar to the Rams(SEA, SF or with Schotty from NYJ).

Callahan? Roman?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we go outside the team, I'd go for Rob Chudzinski because he runs an Air Coryell system.

RamsFan14

Starter
It should be. Not only would there be a total philosophy mismatch with Fisher, Martz would not come back to an organization he obviously feels fired him unfairly in a lesser position to the position he lost.

From an entertaining perspective, I'd be pretty darn entertained by the hire of Mike Martz lol. How good he'll be as an offensive coordinator?! Uhhh yea, I def question how well he'd be able to run our offense considering how it does inflict with Fisher's philosophy. I was just derping around lol

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I loved what Martz did with the GSOT, but that was 15 years ago, different time, different place, and he's not a good candidate for the Rams here and now. For one thing, I'm not ready to get rid of all our TE's, whereas Martz really moved away from TE's in the passing game after the first couple of years.

Probably no sense in debating this anyway, it's not going to happen.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
My votes for trestman, chud, koetter, or roman
I am with Tahoe
Trestman would give a good balance. Koetter would do the same, Chud runs a similar offense, and Roman knows the division. Roman was blasted by fans on FB, but CK could not find his playmakers

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Chud or Koetter?

Would prefer Chud, but would be pleased either way. I'm pleased the Rams are going in another direction because IMO under Schottenheimer there was no direction.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My guess would be Cignetti, but I would love to somehow get Norv Turner. Not sure what his official title is in minnesota, but OC/assistant HC of the Rams would work for me.

Would not be able to get Norv Turner you can no longer make a lateral move and attach the Assistant HC title to it besides Dave McGinnis of the Rams is already Assistant Head Coach, but a team has to grant permission and the Vikings would not grant permission.

Athos

Legend
I think it depends on who we bring in/plan to bring in as competition for Sam.

If we're really going to shift slightly away from Shotty's scheme (which, I'll never I never quite understood what it was...), get an OC for the type of QB(s) we plan on bringing it in.

If it's Winston (somehow) a guy with a Big Ben type of offense to succeed in.

At any rate, if WRs suddenly explode under new OC (Austin, etc) that's as big of indictment against Shotty's system and proof his overly complicated system for WRs stalled offensive growth.

I'd like to see Koetter from Atlanta. He seems to run a lot of screens to set up deep shots and does a great job employing his RBs in the pass game.

Man would I love a guy who actually knows how to run a screen game with the WRs/RBs.

Let's all be honest. Shotty was trash in the screen game. Trash. The success percentage of his screens had to be super, super low.

Last edited:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
IF .. they are serious about wanting to keep the same system .. .then terminology is the key to not slow down the learning process of the young players. So that should be the question .. .and honestly .. .I don't know what their term is? From the few excerpts I have heard, it sounded like a WCO roots?

Also ... does anyone think Fisher would elevate Cignetti ?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam the QB- inside hire
Sam out as QB- outside hire

That's how I see it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think we need to stay with the current offensive system if we want any chance at the playoffs... or even close to it.

That really means Cignetti or Chud. Maybe a couple of others, but I think it really boils down to those two.

Cignetti has worked really well with Bradford and dang if Bradford wasn't looking EVERY BIT the Franchise QB we all wanted prior to being injured this past pre-season... I think a lot of credit has to go to Cignetti because I, for one, wasn't the biggest Bradford fan when he came out and his improvement has been remarkable. I still think he needs to improve his touch, but he was just lights out before Jake Long ruined my Christmas...

As for Chudzinski... if he's really Martz without the drama...running a Coryell variant... than he may be just what this offense needs. I remember Cam's rookie year and they didn't just have him throw for 4000 yards, but they did some pretty creative things that kept defenses on their heals.

I'm not sure how we'd get Chud... is he available? Coaches have to be offered upgrades if they're currently employed, but that's not generally an issue if a team wants someone bad enough...

If we can keep Cignetti...I'd probably be all over Chud...presuming he doesn't get an HC gig.

That's also a really good Offensive coaching package for developing a QB... Chud and Cignetti... oooh, that seems really good, actually...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Maybe we can entice Linehan away from Dallas. :huh: