OC Candidates

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the down-field passing system as well. It would necessitate a QB though. ;)

Well, that's nice but I meant it more because Schotty runs an Air Coryell so the verbiage would be somewhat similar which would make it easier for our guys to learn.

jap

Legend
If we go outside the team, I'd go for Rob Chudzinski because he runs an Air Coryell system.

I would definitely embrace anyone with a credible Coryell offense. I want Sam going downtown and stretching the field vertically and horizontally.

fearsomefour

Legend
I love the idea of Rhett Lashlee, but would Fish allow a fast tempo O?
I thought about the fast paced no huddle or sort of hurry offenses....to me, this is a weakness with the Eagles or Denver. If the O struggles at all you are giving the other team extra possessions. With the Rams potential on D and special teams I would take a more traditional approach on O. Doesn't mean ground and pound necessarily but I think Fisher would not run a fast tempo as a way of protecting and helping a good group on D.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I thought about the fast paced no huddle or sort of hurry offenses....to me, this is a weakness with the Eagles or Denver. If the O struggles at all you are giving the other team extra possessions. With the Rams potential on D and special teams I would take a more traditional approach on O. Doesn't mean ground and pound necessarily but I think Fisher would not run a fast tempo as a way of protecting and helping a good group on D.

Fair point, I guess we did see Denver pulled apart in the SB last year. I guess it boils down to stability, our O has to be stable, no matter what the scheme is. I've loved watching Sam in the 4th run a no-huddle O though, I don't see any harm in mixing it up now and then, I'd love to watch no huddle quick plays with Tavon, Bailey and Britt ;)

wrstdude

Rookie

Or, conversely, you could confidently run an offense like that knowing your defense will keep you in the game. The offense leaned on the defense all season and they seemed to hold up fairly well.

fearsomefour

Legend
Fair point, I guess we did see Denver pulled apart in the SB last year. I guess it boils down to stability, our O has to be stable, no matter what the scheme is. I've loved watching Sam in the 4th run a no-huddle O though, I don't see any harm in mixing it up now and then, I'd love to watch no huddle quick plays with Tavon, Bailey and Britt ;)
Yeah, I like the idea of mixing in a no huddle. Good change of pace, seems to get the O ticking. If it doesn't work easy enough to switch back to huddling.
I think post Rams game Denver has put a real emphasis on running the ball. I think Peyton got beat up that game and their O was a bit exposed.
I agree with the stability. A real key in that Denver game was the offenses ability to convert third downs, change field position and take time off the clock. Those sorts of possessions with a good D can be enough to get some close games to the W column. The runs of three and outs like we saw in some games this year will lead to losses no matter how good the D is.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Just read that Kyle Shanahan has been fired by Cleveland. Makes him a likely candidate given Fisher's relationship with his dad.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I could see the Shanahans coming to to run the O here - both of them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Shanahan will get a HC job. Maybe Sr gets the GM job while Jr gets the HC nod in either Buffalo or NY

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe we can entice Linehan away from Dallas. :huh:
Obviously, you're kidding... but he has done a remarkable job in Dallas this year.

IIRC, he was a very good OC before the Rams had the bright idea to make him a HC.

Some guys just aren't capable of being a HC, but can be very good Coodinators.

Not saying I'd take a flyer on Linehan... but I can't deny he's been a very good OC over the years.

MrMotes

Starter
The Shanahans are WCO. I'm with Jrry, would rather see us stick with a Coryell OC...

OkieRamFan

UDFA
Name
Harold
It's kind of interesting that Josh Huepel, Sam's OU quarterback coach is looking for a job,.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It's kind of interesting that Josh Huepel, Sam's OU quarterback coach is looking for a job,.

Someone on here is a big OU fan. They said Heupel has less imagination than Schotty does.

Count me in for Chud, but it won't happen.

Most likely we see an internal guy moving up, unless they don't want it. In which case I'll have to look for which prospective coaches have ties to Fisher. Because you know, that's how he rolls.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Could you imagine if we picked up Roman and our offense took off and we killed the 49rs every year that would be perfect

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd be OK with Kyle Shanahan. Chud is probably ideal though. An innovative college coach with fresh ideas I'd be fine with too.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Koetter hired by the Bucs, he's no longer an option, although I'm not sure if anybody wanted him.