OC Candidates

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Child is my first choice off the top of my head.

MrMotes

Starter
I
Chudzinski would be great IMO.

I'd love Chudzinski too.

But realistically, i don't think we'll see anything too creative or exciting. I expect Fisher to do something pretty conservative, on the offensive side of the ball...

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd like to see Koetter from Atlanta. He seems to run a lot of screens to set up deep shots and does a great job employing his RBs in the pass game.
On paper, I think it's a great fit. Comparable pieces to what he had in Atlanta. Of course Julio and Roddy are more accomplished than what the Rams have, but in terms of athletic ability, I think it's a good match on paper.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I'd like to see Koetter from Atlanta. He seems to run a lot of screens to set up deep shots and does a great job employing his RBs in the pass game.
On paper, I think it's a great fit. Comparable pieces to what he had in Atlanta. Of course Julio and Roddy are more accomplished than what the Rams have, but in terms of athletic ability, I think it's a good match on paper.
I like Koetter too

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Josh Heupel, Oklahoma OC

He's the reason why Bradford was one of the most polished passers coming out of the draft

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again if the Rams go internally it could be current TE Coach Rob Boras who has been an OC under John Robinson at UNLV and a Head Coach too.

Fifth-year UNLV offensive line coach Rob Boras heads into his third season as the Rebels? offensive coordinator.

Head coach John Robinson promoted Boras to his current position in spring 2001, saying ?It is time to talk about Rob Boras as an up-and-coming star in the coaching business.?

Although he is now more involved with overall scheme of the high-powered Rebel offense, Boras continues to oversee a line that allowed only 12 quarterback sacks in 2001 and opened holes for a 1,000-yard rusher in consecutive seasons in 2000-01 for the first time since 1973-74. In fact, tailback Joe Haro?s 1,948 yards in 2001-02 was the second best two-year total in school history.

Nationally, UNLV has turned into a force on the ground behind Boras? lines, finishing 15th (2002), 16th (2001) and 13th (2000) in rushing the last three seasons while posting a stunning 28 100-yard rushing games in the last 34 regular-season dates by seven different players.

A former assistant coach at Texas under John Mackovic, Boras served on the same staff there as 1999 Rebel passing game coordinator Gene Dahlquist, now a head coach in NFL Europe.

Before heading west, Boras spent 1998 as the head coach of Benedictine University located in Lisle, Ill. The Illinois native moved to the Div.-III school after four notable years at Texas.

In Austin, Boras coached the tight ends and was assistant special teams coordinator in 1997. He was a special assistant to the team in 1996 when the Longhorns were Big 12 champions and played in the Fiesta Bowl. He also coached the Texas tight ends in 1995 when the school won the Southwest Conference and earned a trip to the Sugar Bowl. He also served as an assistant offensive line coach for the Sun Bowl champs in 1994.

Previously, Boras spent two seasons as offensive line coach for his alma mater, DePauw University in Greencastle, Ind.

A two-sport star at Glenbard West High School in his hometown of Glen Ellyn, Ill., Boras is married to the former Amy Morgan. The couple has three children: Abigail Rose (4), son, Jackson Riley, (1) and daughter Ainsley Elisabeth, born on July 2, 2003.

http://www.unlvrebels.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/boras_rob00.html

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Dirk Koetter is intriguing to me. Followed his playcalling at Arizona St before he wound up in Atlanta.
Chudzinski is a guy people talk about alot, but has he been a playcaller?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Dirk Koetter is intriguing to me. Followed his playcalling at Arizona St before he wound up in Atlanta.
Chudzinski is a guy people talk about alot, but has he been a playcaller?

Concur, but Bucs could be going in that direction.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Almost all coaches run a hybrid offense, but some are rooted in certain styles

Marc Trestman, ex-Bears HC-------WCO
Greg Olson, Jax QB coach-hybrid guy with WCO and Coryell background.
Dirk Koetter, ATL OC--run a hybrid, uses some 3-digit stuff in mirrored patterns
Greg Roman, SF OC--------WCO
Marty Mornhingweg, NYJ OC--WCO
Rob Chudzinski, IND "special assistant"--like Shotty, more of a Coryell guy
Brad Childress, Chiefs Offensive Assistant--WCO
Greg Knapp, DEN QB coach---WCO

Edit 1:

Kirby Wilson, MIN RB coach----has backgrouds in WCO, Coryell, and Weiss-type things
Matt Nagy, KC QB coach---WCO
Scott Frost, Oregon OC---runs whatever you want to call it, the Kelly offense
Tony Franklin, Cal OC----not sure what thier playbook is like
Doug Meachem, TCU OC--another college guy running college spread and stull, not too familiar with the playbook

Edit 2:

Mike Shanahan

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well if Fisher hires a WCO guy... I say we steal David Fales from Chicago and make him the developmental QB. I'm thinking too far ahead i know!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
MIKE MARTZ!!!

Not sure if that should be in blue or not :snicker:
It should be. Not only would there be a total philosophy mismatch with Fisher, Martz would not come back to an organization he obviously feels fired him unfairly in a lesser position to the position he lost.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I went and read this.....
View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/team/coaches/frank-cignetti/75201bf3-e04f-4f76-b511-9923d8dec710

View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/team/coaches/frank-cignetti/75201bf3-e04f-4f76-b511-9923d8dec710

I think this makes too much sense. He's been an Offensive Coordinator in the past. He's very familiar w/ what Fisher wants to do....it would give the team the best continuity. But it probably won't make anyone happy who was wanting a better "established" coach.....

Frank Cignetti is in his third year as the Rams’ quarterbacks coach.

In 2013, Cignetti had QB Sam Bradford enjoying the best season of Bradford’s career before a knee injury ended the Heisman Trophy winner’s season just seven games into it. At the time of his injury, Bradford was playing perhaps the best football of his career, under Cignetti’s tutelage. When he suffered his injury, Bradford ranked eighth in the NFL in completions (159) and was tied for fifth in the NFL with 14 touchdown passes. Bradford’s 90.9 passer rating was his highest through seven games in any of his four NFL seasons. He was also on pace for career highs in passing yards, completion percentage and completions.

Under Cignetti’s watch, Kellen Clemens started the final nine games of the season and set new career highs in touchdown passes, yards and completions while leading St. Louis to four victories.

In Cignetti’s first season working with Bradford, the then third-year signal caller set new career highs in passing yards (3,702), touchdown passes (21) and passer rating (82.5). Three of his top six games in terms of passer rating came in 2012, and Bradford’s 377 passing yards in Week 15 against Minnesota set a new single-game high.

Cignetti, whose resume includes two decades of coaching experience, spent the 2011 season as the offensive coordinator at Rutgers. That season, the Scarlet Knights averaged 26.4 points per game, fourth most in the Big East, and Rutgers ranked third in the conference in passing offense.

He previously served as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for two seasons at the University of Pittsburgh.

In Cignetti’s first season as Pittsburgh’s play caller, the Panthers averaged 32.1 points per game, one of the top five scoring averages in school history. Pitt’s offensive arsenal included a 1,700-yard rusher in Dion Lewis and 1,000-yard receiver in Jon Baldwin. In addition, quarterback Bill Stull ranked among the nation’s most efficient passers, throwing for more than 2,600 yards and 21 touchdowns. In total, seven of Pitt’s offensive players were named All-Big East, including Lewis, who was honored as the league’s Offensive Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year.

Cignetti joined Dave Wannstedt’s staff after spending the 2008 season as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the University of California. The Bears averaged nearly 33 points per game en route to a 9-4 record and victory over Miami (Fla.) in the Emerald Bowl. In 2007 Cignetti was the San Francisco 49ers’ quarterbacks coach.

Prior to his 49ers post, Cignetti was the offensive coordinator at North Carolina (2006) and Fresno State (2002-05). In 2004 Fresno State averaged 52.8 points over its final six games and became just the sixth team in NCAA history to score 50 or more points in four consecutive contests.

The Bulldogs twice finished among the nation’s top 10 in scoring and third-down conversions during Cignetti’s tenure. They were also a perennial postseason team, advancing to four consecutive bowls, including victories over Georgia Tech (2002, Silicon Valley), UCLA (2003, Silicon Valley) and Virginia (2004, MPC Computers).

From 2000-01, Cignetti served as quarterbacks coach with the New Orleans Saints, where he helped Jeff Blake to a career-best passer rating and also helped Aaron Brooks produce some of the best statistics of his career en route to a Pro Bowl alternate selection. Cignetti landed his first NFL appointment in 1999 as a quality control assistant with the Kansas City Chiefs.

From 1990-98, Cignetti was on his father’s staff at Indiana University-Pennsylvania, where he was an all-conference safety before earning his bachelor’s degree in 1988. He served IUP as receivers, secondary and quarterbacks coach before elevating to offensive coordinator for his final two seasons. During his tenure, IUP twice advanced to the NCAA Division II national title game and earned a berth in the semifinals four times.

Cignetti began his coaching career as a graduate assistant at Pittsburgh in 1989. His father, Frank Sr., was a Pitt assistant from 1966-68 and later the head coach at both West Virginia (1976-79) and Indiana University of Pennsylvania. (1986-2005). In 2013, Frank Sr. was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame.

Cignetti is a Pittsburgh native. He and his wife, Ellen, have one son, Frankie, and three daughters: Alyssa, Gabrielle and Ella.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
My guess would be Cignetti, but I would love to somehow get Norv Turner. Not sure what his official title is in minnesota, but OC/assistant HC of the Rams would work for me.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm all for Trestman too, Britt/Quick would complement him the same way Marshall/Jeffery did in Chicago.

Regardless of who we have at OC, we need a better interior O-line. Even with the adjustments, the offense will still be anemic if there is a Wells and Joseph sighting in the trenches.