OBJ surgery / contract status

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's funny is that when Dr Andrews down in FL was doing all these surgeries, we'd get really detailed stuff and it was always "good" or "great"... the prognosis, I mean.

It won't be hard to track down the Dr who did this and if I was an agent, I'd make sure none of my clients EVER went near that guy again.

These surgeons have to be 100% on every surgery since it can literally make a difference between a 1 year prove it contract and a multi-year $100+M contract...
Dr. Frank Jobe was the go to guy after Tommy John's surgery.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

oldnotdead

Legend
OBJ said last year he wanted to finish his career here. He said he finally felt like he was home. He will sign a 4 year deal. IMO with all the stuff about fully guaranteed contracts, I think these contracts will have incentives, and escalators builtin and that is where the guaranteed money will be. The Browns being foolish as everyone has always known didn't do that with Watson. Everyone laughed at the Browns for taking Mayfield now Watson could really blow up in their faces.

I have no doubt both OBJ will return and feel that Michel probably will as well.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Poor Bill and his botched operation. Remind me to look up this Doctor before having heart surgery.
1649949297286.png

PARAM

Hall of Fame
OBJ said last year he wanted to finish his career here. He said he finally felt like he was home. He will sign a 4 year deal. IMO with all the stuff about fully guaranteed contracts, I think these contracts will have incentives, and escalators builtin and that is where the guaranteed money will be. The Browns being foolish as everyone has always known didn't do that with Watson. Everyone laughed at the Browns for taking Mayfield now Watson could really blow up in their faces.

I have no doubt both OBJ will return and feel that Michel probably will as well.
And it seems, teams in need of receivers have signed a couple of guys today, neither named Odell Beckham. Sammy Watkins to Green Bay and AJ Green back to Arizona.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
And it seems, teams in need of receivers have signed a couple of guys today, neither named Odell Beckham. Sammy Watkins to Green Bay and AJ Green back to Arizona.
So maybe he's already signed?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
For what it's worth, Ian Rapoport said on The Pat McAfee Show today that it's not a slam dunk that OBj returns to the Rams, but it seems to be the most likely and the Rams are the leader in the clubhouse.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For what it's worth, Ian Rapoport said on The Pat McAfee Show today that it's not a slam dunk that OBj returns to the Rams, but it seems to be the most likely and the Rams are the leader in the clubhouse.

I just saw that too. Here is tweet on it.

View: https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1515009358270189575?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1515009358270189575%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.totalprosports.com%2F2022%2F04%2F15%2Fian-rapoport-names-leader-to-sign-odell-beckham-jr-in-free-agency%2F

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rapoport: Rams seem like leaders to sign Odell Beckham Jr. but not a slam dunk​

da5b13e0a9e44dc482542d6531d0b20c.jpg

Cameron DaSilva April 15, 2022 12:23 pm PT

With Stephon Gilmore off the market, Odell Beckham Jr. might be the most talented free agent still available – right there with Tyrann Mathieu. Likely the only reason Beckham is still unsigned is his knee injury, which he suffered in Super Bowl LVI.

That’ll cause him to miss at least part of the 2022 season, lowering his value for whichever team ends up signing him. But if he gets a multi-year deal, he’ll certainly be a big playmaker in 2023.

There hasn’t been much reported interest in Beckham, and a return to the Rams shouldn’t be ruled out. Ian Rapoport was on the Pat McAfee Show on Friday and he said that in his opinion, it seems like the Rams are the leaders in the clubhouse to sign Beckham.

“It’s not a guarantee,” he said. “I don’t think it’s a slam dunk that he goes to the Rams, but they certainly seem like the leader in the clubhouse. He liked it there, I know he liked L.A. I know they know more about his medical than any other team. Their team doctor did the surgery. Other teams are interested but that to me seems like the most likely scenario.”

Rapoport isn’t reporting that Beckham is going back to the Rams, but there are obviously dots being connected between them and Beckham. He said earlier this week that the Rams know more about Beckham’s knee because their team doctor did the surgery, which could even prolong his career because it corrected a past issue.

AppeasFBlGods

Rookie
I think it's a huge sign that the rams are in charge of his health care. He has struggled throughout his career with injuries.. and having the past surgery that had lingering issues, where he couldn't be the guy he used to be.. if this did indeed go well, and he rehabs well and feels great. I would fully expect him to re-sign.

He already has shown he loves LA and the team and the culture. Now for the first time he feels totally taken care of by the team doctor? Put yourself in his shoes. No way I take my rehab and shot to play come November anywhere else but LA.

dang

Legend
I think it's a huge sign that the rams are in charge of his health care. He has struggled throughout his career with injuries.. and having the past surgery that had lingering issues, where he couldn't be the guy he used to be.. if this did indeed go well, and he rehabs well and feels great. I would fully expect him to re-sign.

He already has shown he loves LA and the team and the culture. Now for the first time he feels totally taken care of by the team doctor? Put yourself in his shoes. No way I take my rehab and shot to play come November anywhere else but LA.
OBJ belongs on the Rams. It took a little while to kick in last year but the respect and results both ways was undeniable. The wild card is OBJ is such an emotional guy I hope he is surrounded by people that can keep him grounded and help him make the right decision. Can you imagine a healthy/in shape OBJ in the playoffs with Stafford, Kupp and Robinson?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OBJ should stay with the Rams for at least a year. Get healed up, hopefully make some plays later in the season and playoffs and EARN a big contract after that. I realize he wants guaranteed money right now but who would give him that after two ACL's? And what if some loser team does sign him and he hates playing again. Too big a risk IMO. OBJ needs to stay in LA for at least another year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I doubt their source regarding the "bad surgery" was the surgeon, though. :thinking:

Pretty sure Les Snead said it in an interview iirc. I mean, they must also have permission as to disclose without OBJ’s permission would be a HIPAA violation even as a pro athlete

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure Les Snead said it in an interview iirc. I mean, they must also have permission as to disclose without OBJ’s permission would be a HIPAA violation even as a pro athlete
I'm not a HIPAA expert, but I do know that it doesn't apply to everyone/every organization. Would it actually be a HIPAA violation? (Off topic nerd time. Yeah!)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not a HIPAA expert, but I do know that it doesn't apply to everyone/every organization. Would it actually be a HIPAA violation? (Off topic nerd time. Yeah!)
Even if not a HIPAA violation, it's good knowing themselves but is not in the team's interest to leak out the info. It might po the player, and the team has no interest in the public knowing and especially in giving info to other teams.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Even if not a HIPAA violation, it's good knowing themselves but is not in the team's interest to leak out the info. It might po the player, and the team has no interest in the public knowing and especially in giving info to other teams.
I totally agree. I only asked because HIPAA is related indirectly to my job interests.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
HIPAA violations only apply to medical professionals. Snead can't lose his license to practice medicine or health care. Now maybe Reggie Scott could, or Dr Elitrage could.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If I was a betting man I'd bet OBJ returns to the Rams. I suppose there is no hurry because he won't play the first half of the season. But the anxiousness of knowing there could be a team out there willing to offer a big contract is my concern. It ain't a done deal till its a done deal.