OBJ surgery / contract status

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Of course, its pretty rare that you see a report that says "Dr. Soandso, team surgeon, announced that an ACL repair was completed on Star Player, and boy did they botch the thing!"

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I remember hearing during or before the SB that he was going to have a repair surgery. And I think it's on the same knee he just tore. So maybe that's why it tore, it was repaired weak.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Won't be long before someone just says fuck it, let's put a metal wire in there so these things stop tearing

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Of course, its pretty rare that you see a report that says "Dr. Soandso, team surgeon, announced that an ACL repair was completed on Star Player, and boy did they botch the thing!"

What's funny is that when Dr Andrews down in FL was doing all these surgeries, we'd get really detailed stuff and it was always "good" or "great"... the prognosis, I mean.

It won't be hard to track down the Dr who did this and if I was an agent, I'd make sure none of my clients EVER went near that guy again.

These surgeons have to be 100% on every surgery since it can literally make a difference between a 1 year prove it contract and a multi-year $100+M contract...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Please, please, please re-sign the man, Snead! Can you imagine a set with Kupp, A-Rob and OBJ? How would anyone stop us?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Please, please, please re-sign the man, Snead! Can you imagine a set with Kupp, A-Rob and OBJ? How would anyone stop us?

Was literally just thinking this... having OBJ for the stretch run would be... I'm giddy thinking about it, honestly.

I really think the Rams will figure it out as long as OBJ wants to come back. As much as he loves it in LA and LA has really taken care of him... he's not under contract and they're still helping him with rehab and had him use the team surgeon and the surgery seems to have been a massive success, actually fixing the poor surgery from last time. Most teams would NOT do this.

But I can't fault any player from taking the money, especially with the cap increasing and teams making WR the #2 position by cap value, eclipsing LT and DE.

I really hope we figure it out with OBJ because with the NFC being in the shape it is, with OBJ coming back during the final stretch run and into the playoffs... wow. I can see him being a really nice piece for the repeat.

Yeah, repeat. I said it!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That McAfee with Rappaport talk they literally talk about a bad surgery and there has been ypralk about it for a long time now. The thing I like about us retaining him is it was our team Doc doing the surgery. And Reggie and his team will rehab him.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
What's funny is that when Dr Andrews down in FL was doing all these surgeries, we'd get really detailed stuff and it was always "good" or "great"... the prognosis, I mean.

It won't be hard to track down the Dr who did this and if I was an agent, I'd make sure none of my clients EVER went near that guy again.

These surgeons have to be 100% on every surgery since it can literally make a difference between a 1 year prove it contract and a multi-year $100+M contract...
I can tell you that clients pay attention. I've been in many OR (operating room) cases at my job. Word spreads if a surgeon does a shitty job and which docs are good at specific procedures. Ortho surgeons aren't great at everything. Even they specialize at certain things within their specialty.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Was literally just thinking this... having OBJ for the stretch run would be... I'm giddy thinking about it, honestly.

I really think the Rams will figure it out as long as OBJ wants to come back. As much as he loves it in LA and LA has really taken care of him... he's not under contract and they're still helping him with rehab and had him use the team surgeon and the surgery seems to have been a massive success, actually fixing the poor surgery from last time. Most teams would NOT do this.

But I can't fault any player from taking the money, especially with the cap increasing and teams making WR the #2 position by cap value, eclipsing LT and DE.

I really hope we figure it out with OBJ because with the NFC being in the shape it is, with OBJ coming back during the final stretch run and into the playoffs... wow. I can see him being a really nice piece for the repeat.

Yeah, repeat. I said it!
I haven’t seen anything about them helping him rehab. Has that actually come out somewhere?

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
That McAfee with Rappaport talk they literally talk about a bad surgery and there has been ypralk about it for a long time now. The thing I like about us retaining him is it was our team Doc doing the surgery. And Reggie and his team will rehab him.
I doubt their source regarding the "bad surgery" was the surgeon, though. :thinking:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Odell would be smart to pay us back by signing with us for extending his career even if it's only a short term contract. At least he knows the doctor here will take good care of him. One can dream right?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I doubt their source regarding the "bad surgery" was the surgeon, though. :thinking:
You aren't lying. Most surgeons will never openly admit to botching a surgery. All they will ever say is it was a challenging case aka I barely made it thru that fucking surgery myself.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Watching some of his routes during that run and just damn. He was basically uncoverable on a bunch of his routes, the guy is incredibly gifted plus has those hands. So yeah just get him in here on a one year. We are so much better a team with him on the field.

Psycho_X

Legend
Kupp, Arob, and OBJ would be uncoverable anywhere but in the redzone I'd be disappointed if they didn't score every trip there. Only thing that would stop that offense is injuries.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Watching some of his routes during that run and just damn. He was basically uncoverable on a bunch of his routes, the guy is incredibly gifted plus has those hands. So yeah just get him in here on a one year. We are so much better a team with him on the field.
Right? I knew who he was of course, but outside of highlights, hadn't really watched him.
But now, after watching him week after week, was really impressed, aka blown away.

Seriously, AD generational good. Hope to hell he stays - looking good.