OBJ signs with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
And now, according to Reddit, we have a QB controversy on our hands ...

79mfd9ztj8z71.png
Uncle Rico!!!!!

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Woods does so much more than catching footballs. He's a willing blocker, sticks the pick, puts his ass out there for his teamates to make plays.

Is OBJ going to do the same? I doubt it.
Well he's a Ram now, so we'll find out what OBJ brings to the table. Not like the FA options out there were crazy good. Just happy it's at a low cost.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I agree with this. Unfortunately, I feel I'm taking it harder than you and most.
I couldn't stand Me-Jax - - and just when that tumor was removed we go and add another cancerous player. I feel like a disgruntled spouse at the moment with my fandom....the Rams are dropping on my life priority rankings. Never liked the Yankees buying championships, didn't like how the Bucs did it last year...and don't agree with what this team is doing right now.

But alas, as long as there are horns on the helmets I will care about them to some degree.

Here's to hoping McVay and the other leaders in that locker room prove me wrong and take care of business and play the unselfish football that has been their trademark in the McVay era. For me, this season doesn't even have to end with a ring. I just want to not feel cheep after watching them play.

Go Rams.

Brudda

Look at it like this... the players WANT to be here. They WANT to be Rams. Nothing wrong or cheep about that. It's easy to see that our team is now a dream destination for the league's most talented stars.

There's a salary cap... unlike MLB. All teams are forced to build their teams within the same rules. Some teams are run by idiots. Some teams are run by Football Men.

We don't have to cheat to win. That's the one thing that would make my Fandom feel cheep, fake, and a total embarrassment.

We've suffered through hell... we deserve this now. We've earned it!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Can’t believe there’s ppl that don’t like this move ‍
Some fans just don't like him. I know i don't. OBJ is OBJ's biggest fan(aside from his Dad).

Strictly as a move, it's hard not to like though. He comes cheap, without commitment, and with only two proven WR's on the roster and zero depth beyond Jefferson(who i still think isn't ever going to be the guy) it makes sense.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Quick comment on the Rams’ WR depth. I don’t consider Jefferson depth. The Rams play three-WR a high majority. Against TN, the Rams were in 11-personnel every offensive snap. Jefferson is the third WR; and, on this offense, the 3rd WR is a starter.

Before this move, the Rams’ WR depth was Skowronek and Koski.

I also think Beckham is the quintessential WR-Diva, and I am not a fan. However, the Rams needed depth at WR in my opinion.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think anyone has to care what he says... but he didn't say anything worthy of getting upset over.
Considering he knows the Rams and OBJ, and since he's a smart dude and was a great teammate, I personally am fairly interested in his thoughts on it. Far more interested in reading his thoughts than some talking heads. Considering Woody was already disgruntled with targets and the Rams had to eat DJax contract because of targets, JJ3's thoughts seem rather appropriate.

This is all he said:
"I just feel like they had a good thing going, like a complete offense. From being in L.A., I know for a fact the offense runs through Cooper Kupp. Even in the run game, the pass game, the screen game, it kind of runs through Cooper Kupp. Obviously, Odell's a big name. He's going to want that attention as well. So it'll be interesting."
Johnson also believes in the talents of Rams head coach Sean McVay and hopes it works out for him and Beckham together.
Coach McVay, he’s one of the best doing it. I know he’ll find a way to get it done," Johnson said. "But just right off the bat, I'm like ... I wouldn’t really want to go there if I were him, but we’ll see how it goes, and I wish him the best.

"They’re going to find a way to get him the ball. They’re definitely going to do that. Matt Stafford is one of the best doing it right now. They have an electric offense. They’re fun to watch. So it'll be interesting. I’m going to be tuned in and see how it goes. But that’s a good situation to go to if you’re a wide receiver. I know that.”
Translation for me is JJ isn't sure OBJ will do the work. JJ knows how hard our WRs work. He's seen OBJ in action in Cleveland.

OBJ there is zero question with the guy outside of whether he's bought in and whether he's going to do the work and take coaching without acting like a child. So it's risky no doubt about it. But what are they really risking? If he doesn't buy in on We Not Me they'll cut him like they did DJax.

I'm with you on this one. Basically I think the guy is who we think he is. But there's always room for a player to redefine everything by his play on the field and how he conducts himself off it. And can you imagine if he fully buys in? Got my fingers crossed even though I am not confident in him by any means.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm with you on this one. Basically I think the guy is who we think he is. But there's always room for a player to redefine everything by his play on the field and how he conducts himself off it. And can you imagine if he fully buys in? Got my fingers crossed even though I am not confident in him by any means.

IMO, I believe OBJ will play nice, however, I'm not sure his legs have anything left. Hopefully, he can still bring that speed and route running ability, which will translate well moving forward. One would surmise that Beckham is a better option then either Skowronek or Koski at this juncture and if that is the case, well good for the Los Angeles Rams.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Brown was waaaay worse and look how he’s turned it around & fit into the team/Brady structure in TB.

OBJ is either going to come in and see/learn from the team of stars we have and fit into it….or he’ll be gone. He made his choice in coming here. Now let’s watch it unfold.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. I'm a Bandwaggoner since 1969....
Newb. I've been riding that wagon since '67.

Hope their blinds are in better shape. :biggrin:
When the off-season comes around and the Rams say they can only afford to sign one of their two newly acquired players which one do you want to keep?
Isn't it a little early for this question? We also don't know they can't afford both or even either.

Probably a better question after we see them strap on the horns for a bit.
If he doesn't buy in on We Not Me they'll cut him like they did DJax.
I'd rather they just let him sit at home if that is the case. No need to let him help some team that just needs help at WR.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Yep, from those videos it looks like Mayfield isn't as good as Goff. Goff throws better on the run.
Stafford should be able make most of those throws.:party:

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Brudda

Look at it like this... the players WANT to be here. They WANT to be Rams. Nothing wrong or cheep about that. It's easy to see that our team is now a dream destination for the league's most talented stars.

There's a salary cap... unlike MLB. All teams are forced to build their teams within the same rules. Some teams are run by idiots. Some teams are run by Football Men.

We don't have to cheat to win. That's the one thing that would make my Fandom feel cheep, fake, and a total embarrassment.

We've suffered through hell... we deserve this now. We've earned it!
Good stuff.
I guess I'm still a little triggered by me-jax slowing down at the 20 yard line and taunting while wearing horns. I hate that shit in life and I hate that shit in my entertainment. Another poster asked if I actually expected him to change... he'd been doing that his whole career.

Ultimately, I love giving people the benefit of doubt. I was a major dumb ass my self when I was younger and got into some money.

I'm willing to give OBJ the 'fool me twice' chance just like I did with Desean. We'll see. I'd love to see him succeed here.

Go Rams.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This suddenly means a lot more now (with Woods' injury). Cooper and OBJ will have to carry is now, and Van is still important.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
One thing Stafford appears to be good at, finding the open man and getting him the ball. Now we have 2 electrical route runners and run after catch guys out there (would have been 3 but trees is down :( )

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Newb. I've been riding that wagon since '67.

Hope their blinds are in better shape. :biggrin:

Isn't it a little early for this question? We also don't know they can't afford both or even either.

Probably a better question after we see them strap on the horns for a bit.

I'd rather they just let him sit at home if that is the case. No need to let him help some team that just needs help at WR.
It’s just an off the cuff preliminary question. I know we haven’t seen either play.

I’m talking more from a positional outlook. Edge rusher or WR?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Two points:

1 - Wasn't accuracy supposed to have been one of Mayfield's selling points coming out? Because damn, he was throwing like Nuke Laloosh in Bull Durham on some of those throws (mascots beware).

2 - Especially in light of the Bobby Trees news, it was quite encouraging to see that OBJ can still get open like that. Health and ability don't seem to be an issue with him right now, he was just paired with the wrong QB.

Start hitting the books and the film room, OBJ - we need ya.