OBJ signs with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The title makes it sound like JJ is talking shit. He’s his normal positive self and doesn’t say anything negative. He wonders if Odell will get enough targets.

What the media doesn't understand is that OBJ wasn't out shopping for targets, but rather, a championship and maybe his home for the next few years.

Everyone else was lowballing him and expecting him to just choose from the minimum offers. LA, otoh, not only gave him more than the minimum, but the HC specifically told him how he wanted to use him AND Jalen Ramsey went into the WR room and not only got their blessing, but the WRs added to the recruiting pool that included Ramsey, the WRs and Von Miller.

Targets was never the criteria and those in the media focusing on that just show how little research they've done... or how little the show's production team has done when they put out a segment where they give one of the media guys their talking points...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I had a dream literally last night about Akers for some reason. In his first game back he ran for 4 TDs. Cant remember the context of the game or if it was playoffs this year, etc...but our sideline was going crazy every time he scored and he couldn't be stopped. I dream a lot, but never about the Rams so thought it was interesting.

From your dreams to God's ears...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
And now, according to Reddit, we have a QB controversy on our hands ...

79mfd9ztj8z71.png

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I had a dream literally last night about Akers for some reason. In his first game back he ran for 4 TDs. Cant remember the context of the game or if it was playoffs this year, etc...but our sideline was going crazy every time he scored and he couldn't be stopped. I dream a lot, but never about the Rams so thought it was interesting.

I am definitely hoping that dream comes true.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I dreamt about Akers running the ball too. Under every footstep you could see him stomping on Belichick’s face, then Payton’s face, and Vrabel’s face, then he stomped on the 12 with a giant foot, then the Niners whole stadium. then the whole city of San Francisco, he hit the end zone and split Arizona in half when he spiked the ball. It was beautiful.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is why I don't get all the Woods upset talk. I had heard before he signed that Woods was helping to recruit him. I honestly think the idea that Woods was upset with the number of targets he was getting was made up. It was bolstered when the very next game, he was the offensive focus. But then we see Van be targetted a bunch in the game after that.

Any receiver worth a salt is going to want to be the focus. That doesn't mean he's going to LOSE his focus on the team and not want a player that will help the team achieve the ultimate goal. And I doubt there is any player that wants that trophy more than Woods wants it as a Ram. We have a team full of hungry players. We just added two more IMO. Woods is a team player and has gotten more respect with the Rams than any time in his career. A chance to hoist the Lombardi is and will be his goal.

Woods is the ultimate team player. Or, he certainly comes off that way.

Dude has competitive fire, you see it every time the ball is in his hands... But, he’s smart and understands how winning works, everyone a role to play.

Woods reminds me of what I loved about Issac Bruce as the player.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When the off-season comes around and the Rams say they can only afford to sign one of their two newly acquired players which one do you want to keep?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Can't say i like it, but i was wrong once before. ;)

IMO he's not the same gifted WR he once was and not a fit with the leaders on this team. We'll see.

I agree with this. Unfortunately, I feel I'm taking it harder than you and most.
I couldn't stand Me-Jax - - and just when that tumor was removed we go and add another cancerous player. I feel like a disgruntled spouse at the moment with my fandom....the Rams are dropping on my life priority rankings. Never liked the Yankees buying championships, didn't like how the Bucs did it last year...and don't agree with what this team is doing right now.

But alas, as long as there are horns on the helmets I will care about them to some degree.

Here's to hoping McVay and the other leaders in that locker room prove me wrong and take care of business and play the unselfish football that has been their trademark in the McVay era. For me, this season doesn't even have to end with a ring. I just want to not feel cheep after watching them play.

Go Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When the off-season comes around and the Rams say they can only afford to sign one of their two newly acquired players which one do you want to keep?

Thats a damn good topic, Elm.

Hmm? I say Miller.

He fills a need and it feels like the Rams want to add him to the core of this team perhaps for 2-3 more seasons. Maybe if Whitworth retires, replacing that leadership.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Woods does so much more than catching footballs. He's a willing blocker, sticks the pick, puts his ass out there for his teamates to make plays.

Is OBJ going to do the same? I doubt it.