OBJ signs with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Don't give 2 shits what he thinks......he's not a Ram anymore so fuck his opinion.

I don't think anyone has to care what he says... but he didn't say anything worthy of getting upset over.
Considering he knows the Rams and OBJ, and since he's a smart dude and was a great teammate, I personally am fairly interested in his thoughts on it. Far more interested in reading his thoughts than some talking heads. Considering Woody was already disgruntled with targets and the Rams had to eat DJax contract because of targets, JJ3's thoughts seem rather appropriate.

This is all he said:
"I just feel like they had a good thing going, like a complete offense. From being in L.A., I know for a fact the offense runs through Cooper Kupp. Even in the run game, the pass game, the screen game, it kind of runs through Cooper Kupp. Obviously, Odell's a big name. He's going to want that attention as well. So it'll be interesting."
Johnson also believes in the talents of Rams head coach Sean McVay and hopes it works out for him and Beckham together.
Coach McVay, he’s one of the best doing it. I know he’ll find a way to get it done," Johnson said. "But just right off the bat, I'm like ... I wouldn’t really want to go there if I were him, but we’ll see how it goes, and I wish him the best.

"They’re going to find a way to get him the ball. They’re definitely going to do that. Matt Stafford is one of the best doing it right now. They have an electric offense. They’re fun to watch. So it'll be interesting. I’m going to be tuned in and see how it goes. But that’s a good situation to go to if you’re a wide receiver. I know that.”

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't think anyone has to care what he says... but he didn't say anything worthy of getting upset over.
Considering he knows the Rams and OBJ, and since he's a smart dude and was a great teammate, I personally am fairly interested in his thoughts on it. Far more interested in reading his thoughts than some talking heads. Considering Woody was already disgruntled with targets and the Rams had to eat DJax contract because of targets, JJ3's thoughts seem rather appropriate.

This is all he said:
"I just feel like they had a good thing going, like a complete offense. From being in L.A., I know for a fact the offense runs through Cooper Kupp. Even in the run game, the pass game, the screen game, it kind of runs through Cooper Kupp. Obviously, Odell's a big name. He's going to want that attention as well. So it'll be interesting."
Johnson also believes in the talents of Rams head coach Sean McVay and hopes it works out for him and Beckham together.
Coach McVay, he’s one of the best doing it. I know he’ll find a way to get it done," Johnson said. "But just right off the bat, I'm like ... I wouldn’t really want to go there if I were him, but we’ll see how it goes, and I wish him the best.

"They’re going to find a way to get him the ball. They’re definitely going to do that. Matt Stafford is one of the best doing it right now. They have an electric offense. They’re fun to watch. So it'll be interesting. I’m going to be tuned in and see how it goes. But that’s a good situation to go to if you’re a wide receiver. I know that.”
No, I'm not upset, it's honestly how I talk which is why I said I cuss like a sailor in person. I take his opinion with a grain of salt as no one truly knows how OBJ will mix in. As many hot takes as everyone has, it's a smart low risk move that could work or not. I'm just going to eat my popcorn and hope for the best.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

This is all he said:

Yeah I totally understand your perspective on respecting his opinion. I'm just saying to me, it doesn't matter at all since he's not part of our current team. I want to see with my own 2 eyes how it all works out

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
his thoughts line up with at least half of the Rams fans
So you think 50% or more of Rams fans are not in favor of this acquisition? Just curious, bcuz I would think the approval rate is at 90% or higher. I wasnt sure at first, but after looking at our WR depth it made all of the sense in the world to me.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
So you think 50% or more of Rams fans are not in favor of this acquisition? Just curious, bcuz I would think the approval rate is at 90% or higher. I wasnt sure at first, but after looking at our WR depth it made all of the sense in the world to me.
I think you're correct that the majority of us are on board with this move. That doesn't mean that we can't have some degree of concern, which a lot do.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I think you're correct that the majority of us are on board with this move. That doesn't mean that we can't have some degree of concern, which a lot do.
Luckily the concern is short term if it doesn't work out as we can get rid of him with no further financial burden which makes it easier to deal with whether it turns out favorable or not.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
So you think 50% or more of Rams fans are not in favor of this acquisition? Just curious, bcuz I would think the approval rate is at 90% or higher.
90% or higher? Must be bandwagoners then. Thats mostly of what this fan base has become the last few years.

Shuie3225

Starter
What degree of concern is there honestly? We got a potential elite talent at WR for peanuts. We were very thin at WR depth after injuries and losing DJax, now were not. If it's ends up being a 1 yr rental (which I dont, I think he resigns because McVay loves him) then we get a comp pick for him. There should be zero concern about his "potential" effect on the locker room. The last 5 years have proven McVay and our veteran leadership wont allow that shit here. And by all accounts OBJ has always been a great teammate. There's literally zero downside and nothing but upside to this move. JJ is just salty he's not a part of this anymore and is freezing his balls off right now in Cleveland.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What degree of concern is there honestly?

Personally I am on board with the move. How do you defend these WR’s?

But it has crossed my mind we put a target on our back.

I remember when Philly was building the Dream Team… I wanted to beat them. And sort of enjoyed watching it fail.

Then again, Tampa sort of did what we are doing as far as bringing players in rapidly to top off their run.

But thats an answer to your question, even if I don’t concern myself with it.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If we had Cam Akers, this team would be on par with the GSOT. This team is stacked with OBJ. I like the move. There’s no reason to believe OBJ will be drama. Did didn’t say anything in Cleveland publicly. His dad did. All of his teammates love him. He’s not a cancer like he’s portrayed in the media. Solid move.

MachS

Hall of Fame
If we had Cam Akers, this team would be on par with the GSOT. This team is stacked with OBJ.
I had a dream literally last night about Akers for some reason. In his first game back he ran for 4 TDs. Cant remember the context of the game or if it was playoffs this year, etc...but our sideline was going crazy every time he scored and he couldn't be stopped. I dream a lot, but never about the Rams so thought it was interesting.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

This is why I don't get all the Woods upset talk. I had heard before he signed that Woods was helping to recruit him. I honestly think the idea that Woods was upset with the number of targets he was getting was made up. It was bolstered when the very next game, he was the offensive focus. But then we see Van be targetted a bunch in the game after that.

Any receiver worth a salt is going to want to be the focus. That doesn't mean he's going to LOSE his focus on the team and not want a player that will help the team achieve the ultimate goal. And I doubt there is any player that wants that trophy more than Woods wants it as a Ram. We have a team full of hungry players. We just added two more IMO. Woods is a team player and has gotten more respect with the Rams than any time in his career. A chance to hoist the Lombardi is and will be his goal.

dang

Legend
At worst OBJ is insurance depth for any WR injuries AND by being a Ram he cannot help any other team. At best he gives 120% and elevates the Rams offense to consistent elite status and the best offense in the NFL. I’m still looking for the Rams to score 31+ points every friggin week. With the defense improving that could seal the deal. I will state the obvious that It’s good to be a Rams fan these days.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No, I'm not upset, it's honestly how I talk which is why I said I cuss like a sailor in person. I take his opinion with a grain of salt as no one truly knows how OBJ will mix in. As many hot takes as everyone has, it's a smart low risk move that could work or not. I'm just going to eat my popcorn and hope for the best.
All good dude. I'm a bit of a pirate myself

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
90% or higher? Must be bandwagoners then. Thats mostly of what this fan base has become the last few years.
I see a lot of dudes I've been talking football with on Rams forums since the Linehan days who like this move.