OBJ signs with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
All Good brother.
I just want the Rams to win Monday night – because today’s my birthday.
Happy Birthday GIF
Happy Birthday Dog GIF

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I
Had DeSean Jackson been a team player, he would have become a starter in our offense and while it sucks to lose Woods, we would have still been ok. OBJ has talent but he can turn toxic which worries me.
I'd be worried about Desean getting starter reps a lot as he'd eventually end up on IR based on his injury history. While Beckham isn't a model of health, he is when compared to Desean.

jap

Legend
The Cards lost, so the Horns gotta win to regain the right the control their own destiny. Time for everyone to elevate their game with the Bye Week coming up. Gotta win going into the Bye. Rest up and come out like a focused Rampaging Herd for the final regular season stretch. If OBJ wants to be a champion, it's time to show out. He has to fill Woodie's very big shoes. Without reviewing OBJ's NFL team history, Matt may very well be the most talented QB he ever played with.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Without reviewing OBJ's NFL team history, Matt may very well be the most talented QB he ever played
Let me review that for you. Eli Manning (future HOFer). Baker Mayfield (not a future HOFer). I would put Stafford closer to Eli.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
He will be the #3 and Van will slide down for rest of year. If we re-sign him then Woods will go next year.
We were 1 Kupp or Woods injury away from not being relevant through playoffs and now we have insurance.
I completely agree with this statement. I think Woods is going to be gone next year if this works. If he is traded after June 1st, we could save on cap space.

dang

Legend
Maybe it’s just a sore subject for me but why is there focus on resigning Woods or not next year. We are in the middle of this year and it’s disrespectful to Woods to be speculating on ushering him out so soon after his season ending injury.

oldnotdead

Legend
When I looked at Woods extension originally it was clear from the structure that Woods would be a Ram through 2022. After that, the Rams have an out over the last 2 years. Even Woods has to have known that when he signed. So I expect Woods to be a Ram next year, but after that, in 2023 and 2024 his cap will be too high and his release would clear $9+M in cap space.

OBJ wants to stay in LA but he's the same age as Woods, i.e. he will be 30 next year. He would have to take a hometown discount on a contract that would probably be 3 years but only 2 years by its structure, to stay. His production and value this year will determine if he's worth the money.

Jefferson projects as Woods' replacement with Harris out of the slot in the future. Harris gives them everything they originally wanted out of Reynolds, but with significantly better speed. Kupp, Jefferson, and Harris aren't a bad trio. All can get deep and Kupp and Jefferson are good possession receivers as well. With Benny Sko behind them, they would be 4 deep.

That said Kupp is a FA in 2024, but I can see them restructuring Kupp's contract next year to clear more cap space if they want to keep OBJ. I see it as through 2025 by structure.

What I'm saying is that they theoretically can keep OJB for a couple of years if his numbers are reasonable. This would mean they would need to have their follow-on WRs for 2024 and beyond. Van Jefferson's rookie contract expires in 2024 as well. The way he's progressing he would look to be their #1WR from 2024 on. Harris could potentially be that #2. It's why I think WR will be a priority for the Rams in the next draft.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe it’s just a sore subject for me but why is there focus on resigning Woods or not next year. We are in the middle of this year and it’s disrespectful to Woods to be speculating on ushering him out so soon after his season ending injury.
I hear you man. Seriously WTF is wrong with people, the dude is done for the year, that's bad enough. Heard some of the same shit when Akers went down.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let me review that for you. Eli Manning (future HOFer). Baker Mayfield (not a future HOFer). I would put Stafford closer to Eli.

Eli Manning will be the most pedestrian HoFer in that entire joint.

Dude was beyond average in the regular season, but was tough (NEVER doubt his toughness playing in the NFC East when it was a black and blue division) and had two amazing Super Bowl runs.

I say this beyond just average/gm numbers, but even is ball placement wasn't great... outside the playoffs. And even then, it took MIRACULOUS catches for the Giants to pull off those wins.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
OBj is rejuvenated in LA. Was miserable in CLE. He's going to be a SUPERSTAR here.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, in all fairness it from the Post. That rag could sensationalize paint drying…

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Eli Manning will be the most pedestrian HoFer in that entire joint.

Dude was beyond average in the regular season, but was tough (NEVER doubt his toughness playing in the NFC East when it was a black and blue division) and had two amazing Super Bowl runs.

I say this beyond just average/gm numbers, but even is ball placement wasn't great... outside the playoffs. And even then, it took MIRACULOUS catches for the Giants to pull off those wins.
Eli Manning's whole career is not great, but always doing what he's supposed to do and occasionally something crazy. Eli just happened to be at the one position where never fucking up has an outsized effect on the game, but he's basically Troy Reeder.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Jay Glazer was just on the Pat McAfee Show and said this..

Jay Glazer just said that OBj wanted to go to the Rams the entire time and the Rams weren't courting OBj initially and that Ramsey brought the idea to McVay on Wednesday. And Ramsey sealed the deal.

Glazer also said Ramsey has a lot of "juice" in this league.

Glazer also said that OBj has wanted to be a Ram for a long time. Glazer said that when OBj got traded to CLE that OBj told Glazer he needs to find a way to be traded again to the Rams.

Turns out, the Rams have always been the team OBj wanted to be on.

That's pretty cool to me.