Not as bad as it looked.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK looked bad to me, but by the 3rd quarter I had a few single malts to wash away the bad taste in my mouth.

For all of those who posted about Murray not being extraordinary, time to realize you were wrong. Last year the Rams played the Cardinals late and Murray was dinged up, so he did not have the ability to extend plays, today, they could not catch him.
Maybe, but our defense of him was different. We had him bottled up pretty well, injured or not. We miss Brockers..

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Hasn't Murray been banged up the past few times that we played him? He's probably a lot easier to contain when injured. A healthy Murray is way different than Wilson, his speed is closer to Lamar. And if you recall Lamar and the Ravens had no problem attacking us.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Neither strike me as being that kind of person. Nor have I ever heard anything to suggest that. Just the opposite in fact.
How well do you know these guys, you maybe see them for three hours a week on TV?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Yo... we got 99 problems, but a Kupp ain't one.
I guess you weren't watching when your boy Kupp dropped those four or five balls that should have been easy catches and that was just in the first half. I could not stomach watching the second half.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
It is what it is. They may not be the SOSAR, but they brought back memories of them Sunday.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can I ask a question... I watched the game, but I never go back and watch film. A lot of posters here are saying that Stafford missed wide-open receivers, but I did not see that. I saw a lot of bad passes but the receivers were not what I would consider "open". Certainly not like the first three games. Was Stafford really that bad?

Tano

Legend
Can I ask a question... I watched the game, but I never go back and watch film. A lot of posters here are saying that Stafford missed wide-open receivers, but I did not see that. I saw a lot of bad passes but the receivers were not what I would consider "open". Certainly not like the first three games. Was Stafford really that bad?
He was definitely off where he would have hit them in the first and third game and the first half of the second game

The second half of the second game I blame on the thumb injury he sustained in the first half.

But yeah - they weren't completely open but I have seen him make those throws.

Just not a good game for him. Wouldn't say it was a bad game either. It was a mediocre game for him.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The loss was not the beat down, changing of the guard some will make it out to be. That long pass to Jackson for the int, was a touchdown if not under thrown.
It was Staffords first sub par game as a Ram, he was out of sinc with Kupp and the rest of them. Passes looked weird, funny. Multiple missed wide open shots.
The turnover by Michel, the fumbled return = points for Arizona.
14 point swing easy if a couple things go differently. Then we have a ballgame.
I mean, for the CHUNKS of yards Henderson was tearing off for Stafford not to be able to use it to help the passing game, something was wrong.
It did not really look like Arizona could stop us early in the game. I was waiting to blow them out.
Their midget QB reminded me of Seattle,s midget QB early in his career before we figured him out.
The division is still ours to have. McVay will have them ready.
Just a weird game.
For one game, It was that bad. Not that they can't rebound. It isn't the end of the season, but when you take a #1 D and castrate it the way Morris has, it is that bad. This game the O couldn't pull his ass out of the fire. We needed the D to hold so Stafford could come back. I have seen nothing from the D that shows they can stop anybody before the Redzone.

The O will correct itself and Stafford will play better. I have not seen anything to leave me with any faith in the D adjusting. That is that bad.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Bucs win wasn't as good as it looked, and Cards loss wasn't as bad as it looked.

Bucs had a LOT of key missing parts-- JPP, Antonio Brown, a hampered Gronk, and one or two starting DB's. For much of the game the Bucs had to play scrubs in the secondary, and we exploited that.

As for the Cards, I gotta hope that a better game plan to contain Murray would make a difference. Cuz we got creamed by their O.
Rams have already had the game plan to contain. Morris ignored it.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
In the first week of my first job in engineering, I was sitting at my desk and an engineer called out to the program manager to come look at his new design of a servo he just came up with. The program manager looked it over and said. You don't need to redesign the wheel man. Just give me what we now works so we won't have to waste time trouble shooting a brand new design.

Morris needs to stop trying to impress everybody with his genius and do what already works.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Oh.. don't, for one second, underestimate what difference a healthy and mature Murray makes.
He was hurt both times they played last year.
The big question is, at that size, can he stay healthy for 17 games? Because if he can't run away, it makes a massive difference.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
In the first week of my first job in engineering, I was sitting at my desk and an engineer called out to the program manager to come look at his new design of a servo he just came up with. The program manager looked it over and said. You don't need to redesign the wheel man. Just give me what we now works so we won't have to waste time trouble shooting a brand new design.

Morris needs to stop trying to impress everybody with his genius and do what already works.
The "Star" is a part of Staley's offense.

To me, it's not Morris trying to show everyone he's a genius... it's the fact that Staley, the guy who left, was actually a genius.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The "Star" is a part of Staley's offense.

To me, it's not Morris trying to show everyone he's a genius... it's the fact that Staley, the guy who left, was actually a genius.
Yes, Ramsey was in the star position with Staley's D. No he wasn't in that position the majority of the time like he seems to be now and I don't remember Ramsey blitzing. He was always working on receivers. Yes, Staley probably has a better understanding of the defensive scheme than Morris as well. It also seems like we aren't playing quarters much or playing anybody from the line of scrimmage as much. Always off the line of scrimmage and more 2 deep. If someone has seen something else please correct me, I will not be offended. As long as it's about football and not my grammer or speling. LOL

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Oh.. don't, for one second, underestimate what difference a healthy and mature Murray makes.
The big question is, at that size, can he stay healthy for 17 games? Because if he can't run away, it makes a massive difference.
This.

A healthy Murray looked almost unstoppable on Sunday. He never looked like that before in the Rams games.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
It is what it is. They may not be the SOSAR, but they brought back memories of them Sunday.
Not for me.

Rams are for sure a playoff team. Only question is, are they good enough to be a championship team?

We're a million miles away from the bad ol' days.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Mistakes in every phase of the game.

IDK looked bad to me, but by the 3rd quarter I had a few single malts to wash away the bad taste in my mouth.

37-20 is a beat down and the game wasn't as close as that score indicates. So yeah, it was bad. But the sky isn't falling. We knew there will be losses at some point. This won't be the last. Just win enough to get to the big dance. Thursday night we will know what kind of team we have. How they respond after a beat down will tell us a lot about our team.
Yeah, there's no getting around the facts. This was a 37-13 game with a bonus TD in garbage time.
The good news is that Morris fucked up the contain scheme SO BADLY, there's no way to "aw shucks" this.

I mean, I've read a bunch now (much less than normal as I'm not inclined to filter out this new "Kylerlingus" the media thinks is the new rage) and even the least football educated could easily see that the Rams had no contain all game.

Pretty sure McVay is gonna need a mouthguard to keep from breaking his gritting teeth when he watches that defense.

I expect that our D will look significantly different on Thursday.

It is that confidence in McVay that sustains me. Morris' scheme on Sunday surely sucked, but damn if McVay isn't one of those obsessive competitors who's not gonna let AZ run away with the division.
After the off season move of the century, he will not let Arizona run away with it. However, who have they beat? Tennessee in week 1? That wasn't a fluke. Tennessee got beat by THE JETS this week, so are they really good????!!! Minnesota on a missed, last second FG? Jacksonville, who had the lead with a quarter to play. And the Rams, who had beat them 8 straight times. We knew it would happen sooner or later. Glad it wasn't in the PS after a 10-0 run!!! Murray looked great. First time we've played him before the month of December. As someone said, he'll slow down a little.

I think Stafford and Kupp need to spend more time perfecting their craft and less time studying their press clippings.
This sounds like buyers remorse.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tbh I think Murray's been sucked off enough around here. He played great. But let's see how he plays if the Rams can unfuck their front and contain him in game 2.

Seattle looms pretty large here. Not just because of the division race but also because their offense can be every bit as good as what we just got rolled by. If this defense gets rolled on Sunday... We're gonna see shit get real for Morris. So if he's not ready to wield that battle axe with his roster he's gonna end up getting it himself.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Maybe McVay, Stafford, Kupp & Morris just went out and got drunk together Saturday night.
Actually, I would find this easier to accept than most of the other excuses.
jmo.
This is the only explanation for that game that makes any sense at all. They all performed like they hadn’t slept.