Nelson Spruce

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know he'll wake Cooper & Thomas up....if they do the hands of stone vs the Chiefs...oh brother...
Wake Thomas ? The guy has been a drop machine through college.otas,training camp,preseason game.
and you think he is just gonna wake up?That's funny.This guy is the second coming of Jared Cook
but worse.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Lose Spruce? Fisher said 1 to 2 weeks.Am i missing something?

For preseason as I was hopeful to see him next week against the first string defense of the Chiefs which is far superior to that of the Cowboys.

…..

Legend
One week, even two is an eternity during training camp/preseason. I can't stress enough, this might mean he ends up the on the practice squad.

Lets hope its not too severe. I agree about the time, we need him back in a week. He can contribute this year. He isnt a roster filler or a special teams ace candidate. He's going to be a contributing member of the offense in my opinion. Practice squad not an option.

He's the type of player that can elevate the play of others around him.

lockdnram21

Legend
Ya do realize it was 3rd stringers... I need to see more... If he out to long he's going to give Duke and Mcroberts a chance

lockdnram21

Legend
Wake Thomas ? The guy has been a drop machine through college.otas,training camp,preseason game.
and you think he is just gonna wake up?That's funny.This guy is the second coming of Jared Cook
but worse.
U tripping he's made catches that Cook couldn't think about making... Their has been players come in with drops and fix it before... I still think if he out to long he want make it

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
At this point, if it's two weeks, I think the injury should *cough* linger *cough* *cough* and we not see him play in another preseason game.

hahahahahah, LOL

Tough break with the knee sprain...lets hope for a speedy recovery....

I know he'll wake Cooper & Thomas up....if they do the hands of stone vs the Chiefs...oh brother...

I still liked Cooper's game...he's explosive...I just hope we don't have another returner with shaky hands:unsure::headexplosion:....o_O
One week, even two is an eternity during training camp/preseason. I can't stress enough, this might mean he ends up the on the practice squad.

Guaranteed Spruce makes 53 man roster.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@tavian @tomas

You guys got a thing for bashing this guy because of a couple of drops? Pretty sure you were ready to bury Duke Williams after a 5 drop practice.
drops happen..and for rookies, they sometimes happen more than usual. Curious, do you wanna ship Tavon to the cornfield after his 3rd down drop? What if Higbee dropped one? Oh god, what if Quick dropped 2? hahahhahhahahahahaha....

Mike Thomas is a 6th round pick...Cooper is a 4th...neither has character issues, which means 31 other teams felt 120+ players were better prospects. On talent alone. Perhaps we should pump the brakes on expectations for these guys...I did like Coopers return abilities...but a lil tired of the return/no really receiver stuff...but again, it's just one game...lets see if they are ALL (Thomas, Cooper, and TAVON) really incapable of making catches...or was it something they can work on, and stop cheesing for the hardknocks cameras...My only thing...I wish the offense would give some others the same opportunities...Lets get all those guys some work with the 1's....Not just the drafted players...I still don't know what Duke, McRoberts, North, and hell, that guy we cut for getting some yang in camp...B4 we start cutting guys, let let them all get some run with Goff....and Mannion...in a game...

Oh yeah, Cook is a matchup nightmare.... I can almost guarantee you that with Rodgers, and motivated, he'll have a career year...He was our leading receiver while here...You think McCarthy is crazy? That GM isn't stupid...Green Bay doesn't grab FA's...but they go out and get Cook...Think about that...Super bowl aspirations, yet they grab Jared Cook...who's gonna start...

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Mike Thomas sucks

Conclusion drawn afer a preseason game...

1428.gif

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think the real tragedy here is I loved what I saw from Spruce but I wanted to see it against twos and ones, not threes. That's when you know if you have a starter or not. And that chance may not happen now that he could be sidelined for two weeks.

This brings up another note. The way a bottom of the roster guy makes the team is that they make plays against other scrubs (Take Mannion for example, he should have played exactly as well as he did in the game the other night, anything less would mean we needed to look elsewhere for a third QB, it does not mean he's starter material - it may mean he's backup material).

Spruces performance the other night was about making the team... if he could/can do that in a game against 1s or 2s, then we're talking about getting actual playing time in the offense. (Mike Thomas, I'm looking in your direction since you may be going in the reverse direction).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@tavian @tomas

You guys got a thing for bashing this guy because of a couple of drops? Pretty sure you were ready to bury Duke Williams after a 5 drop practice.
drops happen..and for rookies, they sometimes happen more than usual. Curious, do you wanna ship Tavon to the cornfield after his 3rd down drop? What if Higbee dropped one? Oh god, what if Quick dropped 2? hahahhahhahahahahaha....

Mike Thomas is a 6th round pick...Cooper is a 4th...neither has character issues, which means 31 other teams felt 120+ players were better prospects. On talent alone. Perhaps we should pump the brakes on expectations for these guys...I did like Coopers return abilities...but a lil tired of the return/no really receiver stuff...but again, it's just one game...lets see if they are ALL (Thomas, Cooper, and TAVON) really incapable of making catches...or was it something they can work on, and stop cheesing for the hardknocks cameras...My only thing...I wish the offense would give some others the same opportunities...Lets get all those guys some work with the 1's....Not just the drafted players...I still don't know what Duke, McRoberts, North, and hell, that guy we cut for getting some yang in camp...B4 we start cutting guys, let let them all get some run with Goff....and Mannion...in a game...

Oh yeah, Cook is a matchup nightmare.... I can almost guarantee you that with Rodgers, and motivated, he'll have a career year...He was our leading receiver while here...You think McCarthy is crazy? That GM isn't stupid...Green Bay doesn't grab FA's...but they go out and get Cook...Think about that...Super bowl aspirations, yet they grab Jared Cook...who's gonna start...
Man I thoroughly enjoy your posts
Some real good stuff here

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
At this point, if it's two weeks, I think the injury should *cough* linger *cough* *cough* and we not see him play in another preseason game.
" Gotcha! Cough-Cough, He's injured, Cough-Cough, Week #1 Monday Night against the $9ers S-P-R-U-U-U-U-C-E Get's 9 Receptions for 180 Yds. and 3 TD's!! Cough-Cough!:rolllaugh::mrburnsevil:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't think anyone can argue Spruce has earned the right to get some time with the "ones". Let him start a game with the ones and see if he can still get open and catch balls. Gonna be at least game 3 before we get a chance to see that.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I think right now there's 4 locks in
Britt
Quick
Austin
Cooper

Read my lips, lockdnram...

Quick is not a lock to make this team.

Hell, he may be less than 50-50 to make it unless he starts to blow the doors off in these remaining 3 weeks.

There are 3 locks at this point.

Britt
Austin
Cooper

And it might even be a stretch to call Cooper a lock after that Cowboy game. Lol.