Nelson Spruce

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Who is this Nelson Spruce guy y'all speak of?????????????????

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Who is this Nelson Spruce guy y'all speak of?????????????????
Maybe they all love trees so much they named them Nelson...
Spruce-Colorado-Blue.jpg

Those looks like Nelsons to me!!!

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I saw on Twitter from Myles Simmons that Spruce has a sprained knee and will be out 1-2 weeks. It will be interesting to see if any of the other guys can step up in his absence next week. This might be Duke's big chance to showcase his skills.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I saw on Twitter from Myles Simmons that Spruce has a sprained knee and will be out 1-2 weeks. It will be interesting to see if any of the other guys can step up in his absence next week. This might be Duke's big chance to showcase his skills.
Damn. Hope he's not injury prone like amendola. We need him on the field badly

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
That's gotta hurt his chances

Either that or this is their way of sneaking him onto the PS

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Duke looked great as well in his limited targets. I like him.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
All I know is that this guy has stuck out in camp and now in the first preseason game more than any rookie ram receiver in recent memory. One game, I know, but if he continues this play throughout preseason, he has to make the team. I was a big fan of welker years before he was in new England and I never understood how people didn't see his talent. I have the same feeling with spruce. At the very least the rams should give him equal opportunity to prove himself.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Courtesy of RamBill on the other board:

Rich Hammond ‏@Rich_Hammond
Fisher said Dallas' game-opening 101-yd kickoff return included 2 uncalled blocks in back and 2 uncalled holds.

Rookie reserve DB Brian Randolph out for year with torn ACL but CB E.J. Gaines (hamstring) will return this week, Fisher said.

Fisher said preseason star WR Nelson Spruce likely to miss week or two with knee sprain.

Jared Goff “quite likely” will get some first-team reps against KC next Saturday, Fisher said. No limitations with shoulder.

Gary Klein ‏@LATimesklein
Fisher said CB E.J. Gaines (hamstring) would be available this week.

Fisher said MLB Alec Ogletree did fine in his first game at the spot but that collectively the run defense is work in progress.

Fisher said Jared Goff was fine and would likely get reps with the first-team offense this week against Kansas City.

WestCoastRam

Legend
One week, even two is an eternity during training camp/preseason. I can't stress enough, this might mean he ends up the on the practice squad.

WestCoastRam

Legend
At this point, if it's two weeks, I think the injury should *cough* linger *cough* *cough* and we not see him play in another preseason game.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Damn. Hate losing Randolph for the season. He seemed like the perfect guy to groom as mcleouds replacement.

@BonifayRam called it right when it happened. Hate you are right so often!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One week, even two is an eternity during training camp/preseason. I can't stress enough, this might mean he ends up the on the practice squad.

Dude would not make it to the PS. Cutting him, if it happens, will end up being one of Fisher's biggest mistakes.

But I doubt it will happen. Dude made the team with those clutch catches and cemented what they'd seen to date all through OTAs and camp.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Lol sorry I'm not a tree expert like you are km! They are Nelson Spruces to me still!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tough loss had some hope for Randolph, non contact injury and those are usually ACL tears. Hurts to lose Spruce because I felt he was the only one able to catch the football with the exception of Higbee and McRoberts.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Dude would not make it to the PS. Cutting him, if it happens, will end up being one of Fisher's biggest mistakes.

But I doubt it will happen. Dude made the team with those clutch catches and cemented what they'd seen to date all through OTAs and camp.

I'm going to say he's significantly better than 50-50 right now to make the final 53, even if he loses two full weeks at this point. Every time I've read something about Spruce in camp, the two common threads on him are 1) he knows how get open on a consistent basis, and 2) he catches everything thrown to him. If others are seeing that, Fisher, Groh and Boras are seeing it too. And now, 89000+ fans in the Coliseum have seen it, as has a TV audience watching the game. It's pretty clear he can play, and it's also pretty clear that of the rookie WR's the Rams have brought, he far and away stands out above the others.

Despite this setback, I think he makes it. And further, I think he sees significant playing time in his rookie year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Stock up - Nelson Spruce ✔
hahahahahah, LOL

Tough break with the knee sprain...lets hope for a speedy recovery....

I know he'll wake Cooper & Thomas up....if they do the hands of stone vs the Chiefs...oh brother...

I still liked Cooper's game...he's explosive...I just hope we don't have another returner with shaky hands:unsure::headexplosion:....o_O

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
. Hurts to lose Spruce because I felt he was the only one able to catch the football with the exception of Higbee and McRoberts.
Lose Spruce? Fisher said 1 to 2 weeks.Am i missing something?