Mo Alexander Released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
This was a statement by the Rams FO. Not gonna play well, not gonna play here.

Step it up gentlemen

lockdnram21

Legend
I'm told waiving S Maurice Alexander is strictly performance based. Rams feel like rookie John Johnson, who made the game-ending tackle against the Cowboys and had an interception against the Seahawks, earned his shot. Rams also like what they have in other safeties Cody Davis, Blake Countess, Marqui Christian and Isaiah Johnson more in certain roles -- including special teams -- and felt it was best to part with Alexander now. He is in the final year of his rookie contract.

i
Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff WWriter

www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0709138339403405374-4

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whoa. I'm still doubting this is purely performance.

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow, wasn't expecting that. If there is no dirt about to pop up on him he should be nabbed fairly quick. Does Greg Williams need safety help lol?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Whoa. I'm still doubting this is purely performance.
Jerry, this isn't Club Fisher. You don't play well take a seat. This was a statement to Ogletree, Quinn and Watkins.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Right, he was a Fisher fave.

And remember, last year he was a free safety in an unusual safety scheme.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Guess he wasn't a scheme fit, hope he finds a home somewhere. His story of going from a janitor of the Edward Jones Dome to a starting strong safety for us is wholesome. He'll likely get picked up in Cleveland due to familiarity with Williams's scheme; Mo did and excellent job his last weeks of the 2016 season here

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This coaching staff mean business. Sifting through the team and making the tough decision.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Jerry, this isn't Club Fisher. You don't play well take a seat. This was a statement to Ogletree, Quinn and Watkins.

Agreed those three guys are supposed to be the Men Among Boys in our club. I think Quinn is finally stepping it up but AO and Watkins are missing too many plays IMO

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
If Mark Barron has a role on this team why couldn't they find a place for Mo?
Why do they feel he doesn't deserve time to gel but guys like Quinn can....
Brutal

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
this isn't Club Fisher. You don't play well take a seat. This was a statement to Ogletree, Quinn and Watkins.
And it wouldn't be surprising to see more changes coming.

Quinn is really disappointing.
Ogletree won't be given forever to figure out his position.
Watkins is in a contract year.

All three better step it up.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
If Mark Barron has a role on this team why couldn't they find a place for Mo?
Why do they feel he doesn't deserve time to gel but guys like Quinn can....
Brutal
It's the last year of his contract.
He just wasn't making it work.
But yeah something about his attitude or not accepting coaching or just not getting it overall.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Honestly, I see Wade getting LBs and DBs in the draft next year that will not only fill holes, but replace a lot of what we have now.

I like Tree, but I see him going back outside or away in a trade. Watkins seems to be following a pattern and Quinn is a bummer for me as I like him, but he won't be here next year.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
I never understood the love Mo got over TJ Mac. To me, Mo looked like just another guy. Wish we still had TJ, even with the suspension.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
i don't buy that it's purely performance related. Starter to waived in a week? No way
Yea, I have to believe that there is more to this. I initially thought he was inactive due to a lack of effort in the Dallas game. These coaches are not going to put up with this crap like Fisher would. Watkins better check himself this week.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm guessing most of you didn't listen to that Myles Simmons and DeMarco Farr podcast the last couple of weeks. I believe it was the one leading into the Dallas game that Farr made comments about how Alexander wasn't into Wade's defense and was grumbling aloud about the new system. The following week we see Johnson on the field a lot including the final play on defense and then the next week Alexander is a healthy scratch and Johnson starts and excels leading to Mo being cut.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He'll probably end up in Cleveland with GW.