Mo Alexander Released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maurice Alexander. Apparently still unsigned.
Maybe the mods can put a countdown clock on the front page (like the one that counts down to the next game... only opposite).
:LOL:

Heck, let's do that for all released players... :ROFLMAO:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Maybe the mods can put a countdown clock on the front page (like the one that counts down to the next game... only opposite).
:LOL:

Heck, let's do that for all released players... :ROFLMAO:
My point is that nobody is rushing to sign this guy even though he's on a pretty cheap contract.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Greg Robinson on a big contract yet signed.

Mo Alexander on a reasonable contract yet unsigned.

Something else is going on here.
I have to wonder if the league knows something that we don't, (and yes, that bothers the hell out of me. :D )

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams waive Maurice Alexander as Mike Thomas returns from ban
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/rams-waive-maurice-alexander-mike-thomas-returns-ban/story?id=50380097

Maurice Alexander, who began the season as the? Los Angeles Rams' starter at strong safety, was waived by the team on Monday, one day after he was a healthy inactive for an eventual 16-10 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.The move created an opening on the 53-man roster for wide receiver Mike Thomas, who was suspended the first four games for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances. Thomas, the Rams' seventh receiver on the active roster, spent last week on the exempt list.

Alexander, in the final year of his rookie contract, struggled in the first four games and began this week graded 73rd among 83 qualified NFL safeties by Pro Football Focus. The 26-year-old wished the Rams well in an Instagram post, writing: "Appreciate the love RAMS family! Been a great couple years! All love and respect. Continue to be great fellas!! On the road to glory.""We wish nothing but the best for Mo; I really enjoyed being around Mo," Rams coach Sean McVay said in his Monday news conference. "But I think it's a credit to the depth we've established at that safety position. There were some things where we expected a better level of play from him, and he knew that. Those things were communicated."

Rookie John Johnson started in Alexander's place on Sunday -- although he (JJ III) lined up mainly as the free safety -- and registered an interception that he returned for 69 yards. Johnson also made the game-ending tackle against Ezekiel Elliott in the Rams' Week 4 victory against the Dallas Cowboys.
The team believes Johnson has earned an opportunity to start, and the Rams like other safeties such as? Cody Davis, Blake Countess and Marqui Christian more so in other roles, including special teams.Lamarcus Joyner is expected to return for Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the Rams would start either Johnson or Davis alongside him. All of the Rams' safeties practice at free safety and strong safety."I think you'll see a variety of packages that we put together, game-plan specific, to get our guys on the field," McVay said. "But I think when you look at what John did yesterday, definitely a lot of encouraging things, and you see why he's projected to be a very good player for us."

Rams waive safety Maurice Alexander; add Mike Thomas to roster

http://beta.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-alexander-20171009-story.html

A day after he was designated as a healthy inactive against the Seattle Seahawks, the Rams on Monday waived safety Maurice Alexander and added wide receiver Mike Thomas to the roster.Alexander, 26, had started the first four games. He was replaced by rookie John Johnson, who intercepted a pass and returned it 69 yards.Coach Sean McVay said after the 16-10 loss to the Seahawks that Alexander was not inactive because of a disciplinary issue.

Alexander was selected in the fourth round of the 2014 draft from Utah State. He started 14 games at free safety in 2016, but moved to strong safety this season as Lamarcus Joyner switched from linebacker to free safety.Alexander was selected in the fourth round of the 2014 draft from Utah State. He started 14 games at free safety in 2016, but moved to strong safety this season as Lamarcus Joyner switched from linebacker to free safety.The Rams now have three safeties on the roster: Joyner, Johnson, Cody Davis. Marqui Christian and Blake Countess, who are listed as defensive backs, can play safety.

Last edited:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Teams probably a little leery about his shoulder, probably would have a hard time passing a physical.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Greg Robinson on a big contract yet signed.

Mo Alexander on a reasonable contract yet unsigned.

Something else is going on here.
I have to wonder if the league knows something that we don't, (and yes, that bothers the hell out of me. :D )
Greg is still a physical monster, hasn't missed a game due to injury...and is figuring things out on a winning team...in one of the toughest position on the field.
Mo is a physical player too...that doesn't play physically...is still trying to figure things out, but makes more mistakes than positive plays.
edit....oh yeah...he's kinda injury prone too...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hope Mo finds success in his future endeavors. He's an STL kid, so I have a personal reason to see him succeed. I still hope that someone signs him; he's talented enough to be in the league.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Defensive backs that can cover?

I thought if you just hit the receivers hard enough you'll scare them into not catching the ball again.

( that seemed to be the Greg Williams philosophy anyway )
Pretty much. I think the philosophy was that the safties play so deep that they're keeping the play in front of them and making the big tackle.

The corners played deep too, in an effort to orchestrate the confusion of what was coming from where in a zone. Sometimes it worked well, and other times it didn't.