GAME DAY MNF - Rams at 49’ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it is what happened.

And, again… there’s an established pattern.

He had two more easy ints dropped.
So you think he locked onto his receiver on a WR screen, and that is what caused the pic? OK, I guess we will disagree on that. Sometimes people see what they want to see.
It is a quick hitter play, by design. He didn't have time to lock onto his receiver. He certainly didn't have time to go through progressions or scan the field. I understand being upset with the loss, and being upset with a lot of Stafford's Ints. I am just not sure how you blame this on Stafford.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
So you think he locked onto his receiver on a WR screen, and that is what caused the pic? OK, I guess we will disagree on that. Sometimes people see what they want to see.
It is a quick hitter play, by design. He didn't have time to lock onto his receiver. He certainly didn't have time to go through progressions or scan the field. I understand being upset with the loss, and being upset with a lot of Stafford's Ints. I am just not sure how you blame this on Stafford.

The difference is that the whiners flood that flat area instead of playing ten yards back. And the LB just made a great play. At that point the Rams needed to get creative and try to get in the end zone,

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The difference is that the whiners flood that flat area instead of playing ten yards back. And the LB just made a great play. At that point the Rams needed to get creative and try to get in the end zone,
Agree, that is what I have said about that play. Great play by the Safety. Also agree with after that, needing to get creative. It is really hard to push the ball down the field when you are playing your 5th String Guard, 3rd string Center, and 4th String Guard.

Also agree with what I think you are saying about our DBs playing so far off the LOS. It is frustrating to watch.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Quick hitter or not Stafford does deserve blame for not pulling the ball down there. He started pressing is the truth and made a mistake. And it is a tendency of his.

But it's also a strength of his sometimes to make risky throws. So when he loses it's too much. And when he wins it's not. Live by the gunslinger and die by the gunslinger.

Overall grade for him in this game isn't good. He missed a lot of throws IMO.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick hitter or not Stafford does deserve blame for not pulling the ball down there. He started pressing is the truth and made a mistake. And it is a tendency of his.

But it's also a strength of his sometimes to make risky throws. So when he loses it's too much. And when he wins it's not. Live by the gunslinger and die by the gunslinger.

Maybe, He had the ball for about .8 seconds (by my stopwatch) before he throws that, and here is a still as he is releasing the ball.
1664857968961.png

I think that is more of a play design, or possibly a missed blocking assignment by Higbee, but I am not sure. I just don't think it is realistic to ask a QB to look at the field and make a decision in that amount of time. And the play is designed to run that quickly. If you re-watch it, I honestly think Higbee blocks the wrong guy. If he blocks the Safety, Kupp catches that ball and has a chance to make the CB miss. I don't know what his blocking assignment was, but re-watch that play and you will see what I mean. When the ball is on it's way the Safety is breaking, and the CB is trying to get turned around with his momentum taking him away from Kupp.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm willing to give the 9er player there an attaboy too. Sometimes the other guys make a play. But still wish he hadn't thrown it.

Either way there was a lot more wrong in this game for Stafford than that play.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm willing to give the 9er player there an attaboy too. Sometimes the other guys make a play. But still wish he hadn't thrown it.

Either way there was a lot more wrong in this game for Stafford than that play.
Agree 100%. Stafford made some bad passes. Like the 2 almost interceptions.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not much we can do when we're playing our third string Center and fourth and fifth string Guards. The 49ers have too good of a front for that. Hopefully, David Edwards is back soon. Alaric Jackson is a solid OG. If we have Edwards in there too, we should be able to get by. Bobby Evans was a disaster inside.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not much we can do when we're playing our third string Center and fourth and fifth string Guards. The 49ers have too good of a front for that. Hopefully, David Edwards is back soon. Alaric Jackson is a solid OG. If we have Edwards in there too, we should be able to get by. Bobby Evans was a disaster inside.
Did you notice Hav and Jackson road grading next to each other on that early game run where they cut to the overhead cam. Gotta say that shit got me excited. Good thing I got a cold shower from the rest of the game.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Did you notice Hav and Jackson road grading next to each other on that early game run where they cut to the overhead cam. Gotta say that shit got me excited. Good thing I got a cold shower from the rest of the game.

That's one of the few bright spots right now. I'm not sure we can sit Jackson down when everybody gets healthy.

Ellard80

Legend
stafford wasn;t great... but he was running for his life out there. He had no chance on so many plays.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's one of the few bright spots right now. I'm not sure we can sit Jackson down when everybody gets healthy.
Agree 100% he has been way better than what I expected. Looks good out there, I wouldn't sit him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tackling drills this week boy.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Agree, that is what I have said about that play. Great play by the Safety. Also agree with after that, needing to get creative. It is really hard to push the ball down the field when you are playing your 5th String Guard, 3rd string Center, and 4th String Guard.

Also agree with what I think you are saying about our DBs playing so far off the LOS. It is frustrating to watch.

I know Morris really got aggressive in the NFCCG, maybe because we had Von Miller.

But it kills me to see the defense tackle the running back for a loss. Then on 2nd and 12, we play soft so jimmy crapollo throws a dink for an easy 7 yards bringing up 3rd and 5. Then another dink for 6 yards and they move the chains.

I'm in venting mode but ratboy knows this and exploits us in almost every game.

Tano

Legend
I wouldn't. Edwards has been an above average starting LG for years here.
I would agree with you but Edwards was our weak link when everyone was healthy.

He had an absolute terrible game against Buffalo.

And his games against Atlanta and Arizona were just okay.

Alaric Jackson and Shelton have both been very good guards out there. The only issues with them have been their rawness.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Including 2 missed TDs. The terrible throw to Higs and the forced throw over a WIDE OPEN, WALK IN HENDERSON into double coverage that should have been picked. Just a other bad bad night on the national stage for this team.

Whiners had a journeyman center, a rookie at guard, a second year player at the the other guard position that many of their fans had labeled a bust, a back up LOT who was then replaced by another backup as T. Williams was out and their regular starting RT. Carapolo wasn't sacked one time. Tired of the excuses. This roster was put together by Mr. "F*** Them Picks" and S. McVay. Right now their decisions are biting us in the @$$