GAME DAY MNF - Rams at 49’ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Way too predictable on offense. Only throwing to 2 guys...and not committing to running the ball consistently. McVay has to do better with what we have.

I think it's time for Cam to shine the bench with is ass and use Hendo more ... and bring in some Malcom.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I think if there's any silver lining to this game...I think it's a good thing that a losses like this are happening early in the season...

but now that almost a quarter of the season is done and McVay KNOWS that guys like Evans and Kolone are either starting or a snap a way from starting...(every franchise is dealing with injuries so save it)...there HAS to be competition added to the IOL...

Also, no way we can be competitive deep in the playoffs depending on Hollins/Floyd/Lewis to be our pass rushing threat sans Donald...

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Lol.
It was a shit throw and decision.

Like I said.. he just does that sometimes… active leader, by far, in pick 6 throws.

The pick 6 was pure crap.
No doubt. Shit pass. Shit line. Shit running game. Shit options for play calling. I just am not blaming this on 1 guy.

On the bright side, moved the ball well outside the 20s.
Blue fant

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I might need to rethink my preseason early 2022 prediction downward from 10 wins 7 losses.

At this point, it is looking like the best this Ram team could wish for is snatching the last wildcard playoff position.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
What I think is going on with Shanny vs McVay is that Shanny straight owns his ass. It's a testament to McVay and his team that he got that big game in the NFCCG but overall Shanny has owned him and beaten him with lesser pieces.

The part that is so fucking frustrating about these games is that the last 5 regular season games against these guys have looked exactly the fucking same. We are doing the same shit defensively, they are doing the same shit offensively, and we make a mediocre QB look a lot better than he is. And our O seems to fuck itself in every one of these games as well, staring with HC but working its way down.

I get than injuries don't help, but on the other hand, we did move the ball and have chances to score tonight and just didn't get it done. And when we needed our D to make a play (like theirs did), we couldn't do it.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol.
It was a shit throw and decision.

Like I said.. he just does that sometimes… active leader, by far, in pick 6 throws.

The pick 6 was pure crap.
Completely disagree. That was a Great play by the safety. On that play Stafford isn't progressing through reads. That is the play's design. That is a get-it-throw-it play. He doesn't have time to assess the play, and look at the Safety etc.

It is like that play when D. Williams stepped in front of DK Metcalf in the playoffs. It wasn't a bad job by Wilson, just a great play by Williams

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
None of our backs are any good. That's the truth here. We see the 9ers find backs under rocks most seasons that can outperform them. Who see better and pick the hole better and run for that extra couple yards better. Henderson was the best of them by far tonight and still there's never really any feel of him maybe making that key guy miss and springing some shit.

When we play Shanny he knows damn well the scheme needs a run game. McVay for whatever reason seems to fight the idea in the first matchup. It's irritating but what are we to do other than polish this Lombardi some more. :trophy:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Completely disagree. That was a Great play by the safety. On that play Stafford isn't progressing through reads. That is the play's design. That is a get-it-throw-it play. He doesn't have time to assess the play, and look at the Safety etc.

It is like that play when D. Williams stepped in front of DK Metcalf in the playoffs. It wasn't a bad job by Wilson, just a great play by Williams
Maybe?

Stafford’s int history doesn’t allow me to give him benefit of doubt on those.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Do you think if you were to trick or treat at McVays house wearing a Shanny costume he would pee his pants in fear

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The part that is so fucking frustrating about these games is that the last 5 regular season games against these guys have looked exactly the fucking same. We are doing the same shit defensively, they are doing the same shit offensively, and we make a mediocre QB look a lot better than he is. And our O seems to fuck itself in every one of these games as well, staring with HC but working its way down.

I get than injuries don't help, but on the other hand, we did move the ball and have chances to score tonight and just didn't get it done. And when we needed our D to make a play (like theirs did), we couldn't do it.
I think that locker room feels like they can beat our asses physically. And they can. From there nobody is a genius.

I do think sometimes it's ok to give the other team cred too. 9ers players always show up vs our Rams. You had individual efforts all over the field that were consistently excellent. They beat us up front. They beat us in the back. They beat us in the run and in the pass. And then the Special Teams apparently decided they were missing out on the ass beating and decided to take some as well.

Whatever. Fuck the 9ers. Hope they enjoy their little "Super Bowl" win.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

But what is so gob-smackingly frustrating about this is that we NEVER make that kind of play against the 9ers when that is their bread and butter against us. Instead, we serve it up to them on a silver fucking platter because our DBs are two zip codes removed from the line of scrimmage.

As I said in the game thread, if you have a secondary full of HOF DBs but play them that deep, you're going to be vulnerable to that kind of shit, and here we are, game after game after game against these guys doing it again and again.

The textbook definition of insanity.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think that locker room feels like they can beat our asses physically. And they can. From there nobody is a genius.

Agree up to a point. But the same team that beat us physically twice in the regular season last year got beat by us physically in the NFC championship game. You've got to ask why.

On top of that, despite all the OL injuries, we did move the ball on them quite a bit tonight. But we didn't execute in the red zone and we are force feeding Kupp too much (great as he is, we need some variety).

And I don't feel like it was really a physical ass-whipping of our D, so much as we gave them the same shit we give them every time. They weren't able to trample all over us, but they did have Deebo's TD and a couple of huge 3rd down conversions that were largely facilitated by the fact our D scheme against them is the same one that has let them beat us every regular season game JimmyG is behind center.

It starts at the top, and McVay and Morris need to seriously look in the mirror and realize they can't continue to do the same shit against these guys one regular season game after another and expect different results. Not excusing the poor play by QB1 and some of the other mistakes, but it starts at the top.

And notice I keep emphasizing regular season, because there was that one game recently where we did something different and it worked.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Nah, he locks in on guys at times, especially on those short outs... and seems to often get a little lazy or predictable on those throws.

It's not a fluke that he has had so many pick 6's on plays like that throughout his career. Could have had 2 tonight.

Detroit won the trade

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think if there's any silver lining to this game...I think it's a good thing that a losses like this are happening early in the season...

but now that almost a quarter of the season is done and McVay KNOWS that guys like Evans and Kolone are either starting or a snap a way from starting...(every franchise is dealing with injuries so save it)...there HAS to be competition added to the IOL...

Also, no way we can be competitive deep in the playoffs depending on Hollins/Floyd/Lewis to be our pass rushing threat sans Donald...
This team also needs good young pass rushers added in the draft. Try hard UDFA types are not the answer nor is good run staffers that can't pressure a QB.

Need some athlete's with upside.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah, he locks in on guys at times, especially on those short outs... and seems to often get a little lazy or predictable on those throws.

It's not a fluke that he has had so many pick 6's on plays like that throughout his career. Could have had 2 tonight.

Detroit won the trade
Be that as it may, that is not what happened on this play. Which is what I was responding to.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Be that as it may, that is not what happened on this play. Which is what I was responding to.
I think it is what happened.

And, again… there’s an established pattern.

He had two more easy ints dropped.