GAME DAY MNF - Rams at 49’ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would agree with you but Edwards was our weak link when everyone was healthy.

He had an absolute terrible game against Buffalo.

And his games against Atlanta and Arizona were just okay.

Alaric Jackson and Shelton have both been very good guards out there. The only issues with them have been their rawness.
The entire left side was terrible against Buffalo. I can chalk that up to a lack of chemistry due to Noteboom replacing Whit and those guys not playing in the preseason (plus Buffalo having a great DL). Edwards is a proven dude. He helped this team win a Super Bowl last year. I'm not benching him over a single bad game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whiners had a journeyman center, a rookie at guard, a second year player at the the other guard position that many of their fans had labeled a bust, a back up LOT who was then replaced by another backup as T. Williams was out and their regular starting RT. Carapolo wasn't sacked one time. Tired of the excuses. This roster was put together by Mr. "F*** Them Picks" and S. McVay. Right now their decisions are biting us in the @$$
Bit us in the ass all the way to a Super Bowl win last year.

yup...Last year....5-7 years from now, if not sooner, when we are middle of the pack or worse because of the horse$#!t trading from Mr. Snead, the "kicking the can down the road checks" come due and Donald, Stafford, and Kupp are in the Caribbean, we can all say "Well we won a SB in 2021"

Psycho_X

Legend
yup...Last year....5-7 years from now, if not sooner, when we are middle of the pack or worse because of the horse$#!t trading from Mr. Snead, the "kicking the can down the road checks" come due and Donald, Stafford, and Kupp are in the Caribbean, we can all say "Well we won a SB in 2021"
This has been said every year for the last five years by the experts about the Rams and it seemed to work out. Man some people you just can't please. They win a Super Bowl and you're pissed they might be average in 7 years due to it lol? Every team has to pay their super stars. Not many teams win even one Super Bowl.

Tano

Legend
The entire left side was terrible against Buffalo. I can chalk that up to a lack of chemistry due to Noteboom replacing Whit and those guys not playing in the preseason (plus Buffalo having a great DL). Edwards is a proven dude. He helped this team win a Super Bowl last year. I'm not benching him over a single bad game.
I agree that Edwards is a decent guard not anywhere close to my hatred of Blythe but I just find myself liking Shelton and Jackson more than Edwards in the run game and comparable to Edwards in the passing game. But I do admit it is hard to bench a starter when he is still doing a good job.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not remotely concerned by this game. The 49ers have our number, except when it truly counts, and we were playing a top defense with our interior OL completely decimated. We'll be fine.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the Super Bowl will still be worth it. Might as well save your grumbling for five years from now.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So you think he locked onto his receiver on a WR screen, and that is what caused the pic? OK, I guess we will disagree on that. Sometimes people see what they want to see.
It is a quick hitter play, by design. He didn't have time to lock onto his receiver. He certainly didn't have time to go through progressions or scan the field. I understand being upset with the loss, and being upset with a lot of Stafford's Ints. I am just not sure how you blame this on Stafford.
I trust what I see…
McVay postgame..

“Yeah, I mean, they were in a man coverage. That’s not a play that you like versus that look,” McVay said. “So, you know. It was like deja vu; same thing happened with Jimmie Ward last year in that same spot. … Again, we’ve got to have better clarity for our guys understanding some of the different things, and it’s very frustrating.”

Stafford said postgame that he should have changed the call pre-snap after seeing the look on the play.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
stafford wasn;t great... but he was running for his life out there. He had no chance on so many plays.

He was absolutely great in a couple of scenarios where I wouldn't expect any QB to make a play like he did....
....but he was also absolutely bad in a couple of scenarios where I wouldn't expect any good QB to miss like he did....

It was a very tough situation he played through and what is so frustrating is that he almost pulled it off. But instead of taking advantage of his few hard earned opportunities, he missed. C'est la vie.

I still think they can be a contender this season, if they can survive the attrition and not fall out of the race before they start gelling. Even with the issues on our roster, I think we can be a dangerous team by the end of the season..

Ellard80

Legend
I trust what I see…
McVay postgame..

“Yeah, I mean, they were in a man coverage. That’s not a play that you like versus that look,” McVay said. “So, you know. It was like deja vu; same thing happened with Jimmie Ward last year in that same spot. … Again, we’ve got to have better clarity for our guys understanding some of the different things, and it’s very frustrating.”

Stafford said postgame that he should have changed the call pre-snap after seeing the look on the play.
that's not the same as locking onto a receiver though

stafford messed up by not changing the play because of the wrong coverage

His mistake for sure - but different than "locking" onto a receiver

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It worries me that Stafford is overlooking simple shit like the coverage. Tells me maybe his mind is on some other shit which is very concerning. Hope not.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
that's not the same as locking onto a receiver though

stafford messed up by not changing the play because of the wrong coverage

His mistake for sure - but different than "locking" onto a receiver
Um… locking into a play is the same thing. It’s not recognizing what’s going on.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It worries me that Stafford is overlooking simple shit like the coverage. Tells me maybe his mind is on some other shit which is very concerning. Hope not.
He throws ints… total brain farts. Always has.

People argue with me despite the very clear evidence.

The good news? He can do some very cool shit, too.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are SB champions. I’m just going to relax and chill. No one said repeating would be easy. I’m basking in the glow. Soaking it in! The good teams will turn it up a notch in December.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
We are SB champions. I’m just going to relax and chill. No one said repeating would be easy. I’m basking in the glow. Soaking it in! The good teams will turn it up a notch in December.
You know… I’m holistically good for a few years after that, lol.