Mike Thomas made strides

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
ya but Thomas doesn't have anything to go back to if he does he will be right where he is now
Jime,You sir just made me spit out my dinner with laughter.
so you get a extra trophy.LMAO.
398.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What are you smoking?

Well time will tell . Compared to Bradly Marquez & Chad Reynolds being special team players ? -- Mike Thomas will be an excellent guy to play WR when called on.
He is a upgrade as a position player.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He has proven nothing as a position player.
Not even as much as Marquez.
So to say he is a solid receiver is quite the stretch.

And stating opinion as fact doesn't make it any truer.

Fair then. IMO Mike Thomas is going to be a excellent back up WR. I also know he returned kicks for The Rams last season & looked all right.Better than b. Marquez. Fishers pet along with Chad Reynolds.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Hey, I think everyone needs to relax on putting all this energy into Mike Thomas "could start" crap.. He's a gunner and has a ton to prove to move up the depth chart as a wide receiver. Keep in mind he wasn't a MCSnead pick. Same goes for Pharoh Cooper crap. These two guys will need some help via others getting hurt to crack the top 4-5 on the depth chart imho. Marquez, Spruce, McRoberts, North, Shippen, & Ryen will all be battling for the 5&6th spot on depth chart. It pains me Austin will be a top 4 guy this year (gone next year I predict)..
.We have way to many slot WRs and some need to be weeded out before Wk1

Krupp & Woods "should" be the outside starters [hands & route running guys] w/ Everett lining up as a wr & te Hybrid depending on formation w/ Higbee as main TE. Austin to be a gadget guy and phased out as a wr as the year goes by is my bold prediction(heck wouldn't be shocked if cut).
Reynolds could end up as the Crowder role if things break right for him in his rookie year whom could develop into a starting outside WR very late in season or to start next season.

Kupp,Woods,Austin,Reynolds,Thomas...Maybe they keep 5 WRs & 4 TEs and use Everett as a chess piece hybrid WR while depth says: Higbee,Everett, Hemingway & Harkey.

McVay likes to use 3 TE packages on top of 2 TE packages. So if Hemingway steps up I could see this as part of the phase out Austin snaps. Plus add in packages that have a FB.
Just my 2 cents. Just don't see any must haves after the top 4 on our current depth chart

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think with a legit offensive mind, most of our guys will make strides. And our D won't suffer since he realizes his weakness and got Phillips to come run that side of the ball. I'm excited as hell

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ya but Thomas doesn't have anything to go back to if he does he will be right where he is now. Kupp didn't drop anything in College.
Neither did Jerry Rice. His college coach once said of Rice, "He could catch a BB in the dark", but when he was a rookie (who dropped over a bad 40 time) he had drop issues. It happens to rookies.
I really hope Thomas makes the team. Id take my chances on a guy who can get open, but has drop issues over a cat who cant get open at all....

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Three pages of pointless speculation. We have no idea what McVay has in mind, or how he sees the WR's and who he likes or thinks is on the bubble.

I DO know it will come down to three things, route running, knowing the playbook and CATCHING the ball. And I don't think he cares who you were drafted by and in what round or how much you make. If you lack in those three areas, you are cut bait.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hey, I think everyone needs to relax on putting all this energy into Mike Thomas "could start" crap.. He's a gunner and has a ton to prove to move up the depth chart as a wide receiver. Keep in mind he wasn't a MCSnead pick. Same goes for Pharoh Cooper crap. These two guys will need some help via others getting hurt to crack the top 4-5 on the depth chart imho. Marquez, Spruce, McRoberts, North, Shippen, & Ryen will all be battling for the 5&6th spot on depth chart. It pains me Austin will be a top 4 guy this year (gone next year I predict)..

Krupp & Woods "should" be the outside starters [hands & route running guys] w/ Everett lining up as a wr & te Hybrid depending on formation w/ Higbee as main TE. Austin to be a gadget guy and phased out as a wr as the year goes by is my bold prediction(heck wouldn't be shocked if cut).
Reynolds could end up as the Crowder role if things break right for him in his rookie year whom could develop into a starting outside WR very late in season or to start next season.

Kupp,Woods,Austin,Reynolds,Thomas...Maybe they keep 5 WRs & 4 TEs and use Everett as a chess piece hybrid WR while depth says: Higbee,Everett, Hemingway & Harkey.

McVay likes to use 3 TE packages on top of 2 TE packages. So if Hemingway steps up I could see this as part of the phase out Austin snaps. Plus add in packages that have a FB.
Just my 2 cents. Just don't see any must haves after the top 4 on our current depth chart

Relax ? It's all good.

I'm going to keep making my predictions.
I also am trying to read into McVay's view point.

Rogers over Harkey-- it is easy to see The Rams needed an upgrade at the position. He is a Swiss Knife type player. Reminds me of some of the good 9er FB that have hurt The Rams in the past.

Hemingway has been mentioned a couple times & seems to me as a perfect project for McVay. He has a lot of raw talent.I think he could be good on special teams as well. Real good in drills practicing on the other side of the ball.

Mike Thomas imo makes the team because he has been good on special teams. Made 6 tackles & has to beat out Marquez. I will add that Spruce could be a surprise ? He has shown some ability in practice on special teams.

I think the numbers will be heavier at WR position. I think one less on the O'Line. A back up center on practice squad.

Aaron Green will probably get cut. Dunbar, Brown as backup HB's .

2 QB's. -- imo I think looking at what personnel Wade had on defense with Denver will be a tale tail.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Some guys are not Quick to learn these things.:whistle:
But as long as they do pick them up....I think Brian will be just fine...with a real nice offensive system.

ya but Thomas doesn't have anything to go back to if he does he will be right where he is now.
I'm guessing you didn't see Mike's college tape? Very impressive. If he goes back to that, he'll do fine.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Three pages of pointless speculation. We have no idea what McVay has in mind, or how he sees the WR's and who he likes or thinks is on the bubble.

I DO know it will come down to three things, route running, knowing the playbook and CATCHING the ball. And I don't think he cares who you were drafted by and in what round or how much you make. If you lack in those three areas, you are cut bait.

Special teams is where he makes his mark. As long as he keeps improving & shows promise McVay will keep him on the squad.
McVay is going to rely on Fassel & Phillips with numbers.

KOWALSKI

Rookie

kupp is a slot wr, he will not play outside.
the rams already said that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
kupp is a slot wr, he will not play outside.
the rams already said that.
They've said the exact opposite that he and all the WR will know all the position and Kupps smarts will have him moving around to every position.

KOWALSKI

Rookie
that's not true. right after they picked him they said he's gonna play the slot.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure that they yet quite know exactly how they can best use Kupp. I am of the opinion that he could be effective, if not downright dangerous, at a number of spots. A very nice problem to have, huh?

As to Thomas and all the other WR's and TE's? McVay and his staff are gonna constantly tinker with and test all of these guys all summer long. At the end of which they will keep the best 5 WR's plus Tavon. I phrased it that way because I think that they're stuck with Tavon because of his contract terms.

Bottom line? We might just wind up with a very productive WR and TE corps. In fact, I'm betting that we will.