Mike Thomas made strides

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If Mike Thomas has made any strides at all, will be nigh impossible to knock him off that 6th WR spot.

Zero

Pro Bowler
"Hard not to notice Josh Reynolds"

I know it's really early but,
Got a feelin about this kid.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
"Hard not to notice Josh Reynolds"

I know it's really early but,
Got a feelin about this kid.

Yeah - I agree from Watching him in Senior Bowl. This guy is going to fill out as well.I think he has a high ceiling.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
As president of the Mike Thomas fan club, I expect nothing less. Hopefully he gets a fair shot earning a starting spot

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Mike Thomas can actually catch the football this year, that will be a huge improvement.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If Mike Thomas has made any strides at all, will be nigh impossible to knock him off that 6th WR spot.

Really liked what I saw from him at UCI last year in practice. He got overwhelmed(hurt?nagging) when the lights went on. He dropped a few passes & lost his confidence.
Fassel really likes this kid. He ran his butt off & made plays as a gunner. He also can K/PR as well. McVay singling him out is huge & encouraging .
I like the way McVay motivates players, & keeps competition strong. It's about getting better day by day.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As president of the Mike Thomas fan club, I expect nothing less. Hopefully he gets a fair shot earning a starting spot

Bradley Marquez was a Fisher pet. He was real bad IMO as a WR. He was a good special teams player.

Mike Thomas is a solid WR & special teams player.

--Heck finally no CHAD Reynolds !!! Get rid of Bradley Marquez as well & the Rams roster & depth chart will have drastically improved.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Really liked what I saw from him at UCI last year in practice. He got overwhelmed(hurt?nagging) when the lights went on. He dropped a few passes & lost his confidence.
Fassel really likes this kid. He ran his butt off & made plays as a gunner. He also can K/PR as well. McVay singling him out is huge & encouraging .
I like the way McVay motivates players, & keeps competition strong. It's about getting better day by day.

This is interesting. When did coach Mac do this and what did he say about Thomas?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah - I agree from Watching him in Senior Bowl. This guy is going to fill out as well.I think he has a high ceiling.
Saw a picture of him recently where his arms were clearly bigger

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good news on Thomas, especially since he is likely lining up at X as well. That is his second call-out by McVay too. Hope he keeps it up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If Mike Thomas can actually catch the football this year, that will be a huge improvement.

BOO !!! -- Truth be told that rookie drop thing is a bad. Disease. Ishai Pead had a case of fumblitis .

I liked the way he ran routes.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The thing missing from the kid was hands and refined route running... I mean, those are HUGE deals but if he somehow fixes that there's no reason he can't be a starter...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is interesting. When did coach Mac do this and what did he say about Thomas?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Yesterday after The first OTA's . Said Mike Thomas looked like he was catching the ball all day, but you never know for sure until you see it on film. McVay was real excited to go breakdown the practice. --So I guess he must have stood out.
--My quote is not word for word & it is on Rams site on McVays interview.

jap

Legend
Mike Thomas suffered last season from what many young wideouts suffer from---dealing with NFL-caliber hits on a fairly frequent basis. This probably had him being more concerned about the hits than handling the rock. The way you deal with that is to come back and strengthen/toughen your body so you can handle those big hits better and to get more savvy at route running and avoiding big hits after the catch. Isaac bruce jumped from 21 catches his rookie year to 119 catches in his sophomore campaign. I do not expect the same growth spurt from Mike, but I do expect significant growth.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Saw a picture of him recently where his arms were clearly bigger

Nice !! For some reason I think he comes from a big bone-(type) family ?
He has all the tools . He has a good mind set as well.
--When McVay(Snead)drafted him he kept saying are you pissed off ?? You should be pissed off !! Your not a 4th rd pick. I think Wade really wanted John Johnson as a DB. So from all that has been said about Johnson as well , makes me think some Ram fans will be wrong.
-Johnson is a confident. Confident kid from BC . He ex-teammate played for Wade last year. There is a good connection there.