Manziel has a great Pro Day...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFan14

Starter
It's been tough to evaluate the guy, but I'll say he's much more of a workable project then say Tebow imo, so I wouldn't throw Manziel out of the equation when it comes to his potential. He could very well be a good QB in this league... Why on earth the Browns wouldn't go to his pro day though is BEYOND me.. If there's one team that NEEDS to be there, it should be them considering how they haven't had a QB in a lllooonnnggg time compared to either the Texans (Schaub was good for a few years) and the Jags (did have Garrard for a few years). Who on earth have the Browns had at QB in the last 10 years? Derek Anderson? Man, must be tough to be a Browns fan...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe a few Rams fans will get their wish.

If Evans is a Ram and pans out they could ditch Cook once his cap hit is a bit friendlier. Evans game in college is what Cook was supposed to be for the Rams. A tall fast jump ball red zone threat.

RamsFan14

Starter
^I'd more then welcome Mike Evans as a Ram! There is one thing Evans does have that Cook doesn't have, that's hands. I trust Evans' hands more so then Cook, Cook drops way too many passes for my liking. Bradford can use a sure handed WR like Evans with his height and speed. Also, Cook is a TE who can play some WR, but Evans is a WR, he can't play TE. Idk why people are making the comparisons between the two just cause of size and speed, I don't see much of a relationship between the two. Having both of them can be good honestly. Why people are so down on Evans is beyond me, I'd like him to be a Ram as much as Watkins (both are great). Sue me.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Manziel threw in shoulder pads and helmet. Every snap from under center. His long throws were all on the money. Kurt Warner said, " There aren't 20 quarterbacks in the NFL who can the throws we saw Manziel make to day."

Everyone from Maylock to Warner agreed that Manziel has the strongest arm in the draft.
In the draft or among the top 3-4 guys?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
All that much better for the Rams chances of a trade down :rockon:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lolz. Where are all the people that said JM had a "weak arm"?? I said it before and am saying it again....the kid will be a baller at the next level. As far as Snead watching Evans, thats cool....but don't epect him to be there at #13. If indeed he IS looking at Evans, it may be because he is willing to admit defeat on the Quick pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Manziel threw in shoulder pads and helmet. Every snap from under center. His long throws were all on the money. Kurt Warner said, " There aren't 20 quarterbacks in the NFL who can the throws we saw Manziel make to day."

Everyone from Maylock to Warner agreed that Manziel has the strongest arm in the draft.

What?

I still think Cleveland wants Manziel. They are just masking their interest.

I don't think so.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@AaronRodgers12
2 of the 3 guys commenting on this workout right now have opinions that shouldn't be taken very seriously.
:LOL:

RamBill

Legend

ESPN’s Ron Jaworski and Jeff Saturday break down QB Johnny Manziel’s performance at his pro day. (4:32)

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
@AaronRodgers12
2 of the 3 guys commenting on this workout right now have opinions that shouldn't be taken very seriously.
:LOL:
OK, forget the other two.
The 3 guy, Kurt Warner said Manziel throws an amazing deep ball. Kurt said, " There are 20 starting NFL QB's who can't make the throws Manziel made today."

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK, forget the other two.
The 3 guy, Kurt Warner said Manziel throws an amazing deep ball. Kurt said, " There are 20 starting NFL QB's who can't make the throws Manziel made today."

Manziel does throw a great deep ball...did in college...especially when he was technically sound in the lower body.

My concern is the rumor that he can't read defenses and coverages.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
The answer to that is still no. Mayock, you should be embarrassed. Best deep accuracy? Sure. Best arm strength? Hell nah.

You like to say things like, "Your wrong." or " No way that's so." It's easy to negate. All you got to do, is say No. How hard is it to say, Wrong or no?

OK scouting guru. Who has the strongest arm of the top 4 QB's? Come on, give us your wisdom.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Manziel does throw a great deep ball...did in college...especially when he was technically sound in the lower body.

Mark my words. Manziel is very smart. He can read coverage's and defense as well or better than the other top 3 QBs. Maybe you should go watch a bunch of game tape on Manziel. I've watched every play of his college career and even some high school footage. Manziel is coachable, and he's the biggest leader of any QB in this draft. Remember I said it. I stand beside my opinion. Manziel knows he can't run in the NFL like he did in college. Did you know he ran 65 less times in 2013 then in 2012. He threw for a higher QB rating and for 14 more TD's in 2013 then in his Heisman year. And he did it against teams like Alabama, Auburn, and Oklahoma among others. Manziel threw for more than 700 yards and 7 TD's in two games against Alabama. Johnny plays bigger in big games. What more can you want? Oh, one thing Manziel isn't getting any taller.

A55VA6

Legend

I agree with this.

The good thing for him though is the mental stuff he can learn and sort out. He's got all the ability he needs to be a good NFL QB that a lot of other guys don't have.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mark my words. Manziel is very smart. He can read coverage's and defense as well or better than the other top 3 QBs. Maybe you should go watch a bunch of game tape on Manziel. I've watched every play of his college career and even some high school footage. Manziel is coachable, and he's the biggest leader of any QB in this draft. Remember I said it. I stand beside my opinion. Manziel knows he can't run in the NFL like he did in college. Did you know he ran 65 less times in 2013 then in 2012. He threw for a higher QB rating and for 14 more TD's in 2013 then in his Heisman year. And he did it against teams like Alabama, Auburn, and Oklahoma among others. Manziel threw for more than 700 yards and 7 TD's in two games against Alabama. Johnny plays bigger in big games. What more can you want? Oh, one thing Manziel isn't getting any taller.

Manziel does not read defenses at the level of Teddy Bridgewater right now imo. I have watched the game tape. A lot of it, actually...including the Alabama games.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/-Inside-tidbits-on-Johnny-Manziel--26433782
3). Here's the shocker to some degree ... he asked Manziel what he would do in certain scenarios -- based on what the defense was showing. He said that Manziel answered each time, that he didn't know, couldn't answer the question ... and that he wasn't taught the nuances of the QB position A&M. "They just snapped me the ball and wanted me to make a play," was his general response when asked.

I agree with this.

The good thing for him though is the mental stuff he can learn and sort out. He's got all the ability he needs to be a good NFL QB that a lot of other guys don't have.

I feel like it's the opposite. Mental stuff is the hardest to learn and sort out.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You like to say things like, "Your wrong." or " No way that's so." It's easy to negate. All you got to do, is say No. How hard is it to say, Wrong or no?

OK scouting guru. Who has the strongest arm of the top 4 QB's? Come on, give us your wisdom.

Derek Carr. And it's not even close.
carrdeep1.gif

Between 50 and 60 yards in the air
carrthrow3.gif

Around 60 yards in the air
carrdeep2.gif

Over 60 yards in the air
carrdeep4.gif

Around 60 yards in the air
Derek-Carr-deep-pass.gif

60 yards in the air
7atio.gif

Over 50 yards in the air

https://vine.co/v/M7IL162AH3d
73 yards in air without pads

And that's without mentioning that Carr generates more velocity on his 15 to 30 yard throws to the sidelines from the pocket which is even more important.

Last edited:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Say what you want, but Manziel delivered today. He had a full house and he took the bull by the horns and flipped it.

Bridgewater wilted at his Pro Day. I would be very worried that he's won't handle the big stage well. Teddy is a high risk pick in my book.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
IMO The top 2 go in the first round the other two wait till round 2
Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but to suggest Bridgewater will fall to round to is crazy in my eyes.
I think people are putting WAY too much stock in pro days and pre draft hype.
Teddy Bridgewater is easily the best QB in the class for me.