Manziel has a great Pro Day...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Seen Teddy,Bortles, Carr .........Manzeil looked the best of the bunch.
As their pro days looked to me
1.Manzeil
2.Bortles
3.Carr
4.Bridgewater
IMO The top 2 go in the first round the other two wait till round 2

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
JF getting lots of praise from the big boys, Warner, Polian, Mayock, even Jaworski loved his performance today.

Only 3 balls hit the ground and only one was a bad throw. And he threw a lot of great deep balls to Mike Evans.

Snead was there, presumably to see Mike Evans.

He's going in the top 10 for sure. Probably top 5.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Seen Teddy,Bortles, Carr .........Manzeil looked the best of the bunch.
As their pro days looked to me
1.Manzeil
2.Bortles
3.Carr
4.Bridgewater
IMO The top 2 go in the first round the other two wait till round 2

Yup. Manziel was clearly the best. There is no way he slides in the draft now. The latest he goes is Minny and I don't think he lasts that long.

A55VA6

Legend
While most HC and GM's are on sideline near JFF Rams GM Les Snead is alone down field checking out Mike Evans

Bjv0hOVIAAARyOo.jpg

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
The Bears and Browns were the only two teams absent from Johnny Manziel's Thursday Pro Day.
They missed a show, as Manziel impressed as he threw in shoulder pads. Manziel made a believer of noted skeptic Ron Jaworski, prompting Jaws to proclaim he'd now be comfortable selecting the former Heisman Trophy winner in the first three rounds. NFL teams' opinions are far less malleable, but Johnny Football did what he needed to do on Thursday.
Related: Bears, Browns
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Hey, Snead said we already have a big WR. Guess he may want "another" one.

Ram_of_Old

Good! Then there will be teams willing to give us more draft picks to trade up to get him.

nighttrain

Legend
good for Johnny Football, been a fan and hope he does well with whoever drafts him
train

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Manziel threw in shoulder pads and helmet. Every snap from under center. His long throws were all on the money. Kurt Warner said, " There aren't 20 quarterbacks in the NFL who can the throws we saw Manziel make to day."

Everyone from Maylock to Warner agreed that Manziel has the strongest arm in the draft.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I dont know if thats true. This draft is really really hard to gauge, Cleavland and jacksonville may really want JM if the texans draft him our only shot on a trade down would be maybe the falcons wanting to move up for clowney.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JF getting lots of praise from the big boys, Warner, Polian, Mayock, even Jaworski loved his performance today.

Only 3 balls hit the ground and only one was a bad throw. And he threw a lot of great deep balls to Mike Evans.

Snead was there, presumably to see Mike Evans.

He's going in the top 10 for sure. Probably top 5.

Or possibly to be available should someone decide they WANT to talk in the heat of the moment

A55VA6

Legend
Manziel is a straight up football player. I like him a lot. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go #1 even though Bortles might make more sense. If Rams had no QB, Manziel would be my top pick, personally. He's like a Steve Young / Tony Romo mix.

I think Manziel will be a great pro. He'll have his struggles, but I think overall he'll have a good career.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If i was Snead i'd show up to these Pro day workouts wearing a ballcap with a giant #2 printed on the front of it.