LT Poll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

At LT…

• Roll with AJ Jackson

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Sign a FA (Tyron Smith?)

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Draft a LT at #19

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Sign AJax, draft a LT on day 2, best man starts.

Votes: 52 55.3%

• Total voters

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
What if another team offers $4,890,001 to AJax? Does anyone think McSnead chants “FEED THE BEAST!!”, takes the 2nd round pick and let AJax walk?
I really don’t expect another team to put up a 2nd for him.

It’s possible, but I thinks it’s doubtful.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Mims gives me Greg Robinson/Jason Smith vibes, very athletic but hasn't played much or proven much in college. Warranted or not, that's what I feel.
C'mon bro.. please don't mention those two names a month before the draft, in a LT thread.....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What if another team offers $4,890,001 to AJax? Does anyone think McSnead chants “FEED THE BEAST!!”, takes the 2nd round pick and let AJax walk?
That’s silly.
If a team wants him, they are going to make a contract offer which will entice him to sign
And if they are risking a 2nd round pick it would be likely it would be a multiple year contract.

Tano

Legend
I never once understood the Jason Smith hype. People called him an athletic freak and I never got it.

He was as average athletically as an offensive tackle could get and as raw as they come, a complete developmental prospect.

No. 2 overall. Because of hype. What a shit pick.
Well that year pretty much everyone other than B J Raji was either a shit pick or just an okay pick in the top 10 after Matt.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IIRC, Jason Smith was a converted tight end. Everyone thought that with his athletic ability/footwork he would make a great LT. Kind of like Jason Peters, former all-pro LT, and his conversion from TE. Unfortunately, Jason Smith sucked and was a wasted #2 pick.

dang

Legend
That’s silly.
If a team wants him, they are going to make a contract offer which will entice him to sign
And if they are risking a 2nd round pick it would be likely it would be a multiple year contract.
The dollar mark was facetious. My point being will the be Rams more interested in keeping AJax at more than the R2tender (say $7m) or more interested in collecting the R2 pick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My point being will the be Rams more interested in keeping AJax at more than the R2tender (say $7m) or more interested in collecting the R2 pick.
That remains to be seen if presented in a more genuine comparison.
R2 tender is 4.8 mill, 1st round tender is 6.8 mill.
Seems to me that if they thought he was a 7 mill per year player, he'd have been tendered as such.
The way money has been thrown around, it wouldnt surprise me to see he gets something like a 2 year, 20 mill offer.
The second round pick is nothing considering you get a bonafide NFL player vs a rookie

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Great poll, @AvengerRam -- there's been so much back-and-forth on this issue, that taking the board's "temperature" is a great idea.
I've found that once there's a LOT of back-and-forth about keeping or dropping a player, that it kinda tells you that no one thinks that going one way or the other is a "no brainer" -- i.e., there's no consensus. You'd NEVER say that about some players (Staff, Nacua, Avila, etc.) so the very fact there's a lot of debate about a player tells you something.
I'd be happy with keeping AJ where he's at -- all he's done is protect Staff, which is 90% of what you need an LT for -- buuuut, upgrading there wouldn't be awful. Soo, a day 2 LT pick would make AJ feel like he's got someone PUSHING him, vs. someone drafted at #19 (or higher trade-up) which means you automatically start THAT guy day 1. AJ stays where he's at, keeping our continuity.... unless the 2nd round LT plays so gosh-darn well that AJ goes to the bench.
Then, we can stay & go BPA at #19 & get a great pick for the D who falls to us (CB, Edge) or one of the stud WR's who can get downfield in a hurry.
Thus, my "keep him & get a day 2 LT pick" vote.

dang

Legend
That remains to be seen if presented in a more genuine comparison.
R2 tender is 4.8 mill, 1st round tender is 6.8 mill.
Seems to me that if they thought he was a 7 mill per year player, he'd have been tendered as such.
The way money has been thrown around, it wouldnt surprise me to see he gets something like a 2 year, 20 mill offer.
The second round pick is nothing considering you get a bonafide NFL player vs a rookie
It doesn’t matter what the Rams think his market price is IF another team is willing to offer more $$$. What matters is IF the Rams are willing to match the other teams offer or not. If there is no other offer that’s attractive to AJAx then the point is moot. The Rams get him and can start him, bridge him until a better option is ready or just use him as a solid backup.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never once understood the Jason Smith hype. People called him an athletic freak and I never got it.

He was as average athletically as an offensive tackle could get and as raw as they come, a complete developmental prospect.

No. 2 overall. Because of hype. What a shit pick.
The reasoning about Smith back then was that he was a converted Tight End to Left Tackle. I know I was parroting this talking point after the draft, hoping he was uber athletic (ugh.). What a disaster pick...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It doesn’t matter what the Rams think his market price is IF another team is willing to offer more $$$. What matters is IF the Rams are willing to match the other teams offer or not. If there is no other offer that’s attractive to AJAx then the point is moot. The Rams get him and can start him, bridge him until a better option is ready or just use him as a solid backup.
Of course it matters what the Rams think, they clearly set the market at 4.8 and appear to think he's not worth 7.
They've done an excellent job of improving the interior of the line but are exposing the Left side
If they truly wanted him back, they'd have put the 1st rounder on him.
I can easily see why a team would gladly give up a 2nd rounder to get a starting LT on a relatively cheap deal, I know I sure would.

dang

Legend
Of course it matters what the Rams think, they clearly set the market at 4.8 and appear to think he's not worth 7.
They've done an excellent job of improving the interior of the line but are exposing the Left side
If they truly wanted him back, they'd have put the 1st rounder on him.
I can easily see why a team would gladly give up a 2nd rounder to get a starting LT on a relatively cheap deal, I know I sure would.
Dude. We are saying the same thing but I don’t know how to make it any clearer that we are saying the same thing. Let’s just agree to agree .

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Yeah but can he shit out Chocodiles. I miss those.
Well judging by the appearance of a chocodile, there's only one way you'd be able find out if it in fact IS a chocodile, or if it is not...I'll let you take the honors on that one my guy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well judging by the appearance of a chocodile, there's only one way you'd be able find out if it in fact IS a chocodile, or if it is not...I'll let you take the honors on that one my guy.
bill enjoy GIF