LT Poll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

At LT…

• Roll with AJ Jackson

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Sign a FA (Tyron Smith?)

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Draft a LT at #19

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Sign AJax, draft a LT on day 2, best man starts.

Votes: 52 55.3%

• Total voters

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Four of five OL spots looking great.

One spot, LT, still somewhat in flux.

What do you want to see happen?

WestCoastRam

Legend
What tackles are there at 19 in this hypothetical?

Also, what edge and corner there too?

Okay, what WR's are there just for a lil more information.

Umm... so sorry... but... uhhh... is Byron Murphy still there too?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What tackles are there at 19 in this hypothetical?

Also, what edge and corner there too?

Okay, what WR's are there just for a lil more information.

Umm... so sorry... but... uhhh... is Byron Murphy still there too?
Guess you’ll have to mock the first 18 picks and answer those questions!

WestCoastRam

Legend
Guess you’ll have to mock the first 18 picks and answer those questions!
I do! I do want to do this and now it gets fun cause we have stronger tests cases for all teams now that major holes are filled in FA. For instance, ATL ain't taking a QB.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
AJack played well enough to have earned the starting gig at LT this season, however. If one of those top 4 LT's fall to them at 19 they could have a solid LT for years to come.
Flip side of that is what if AJack turns out to be better?
I like the idea of a rookie contract with the draft pick.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
None of the above fits what I'd do.

A-Jax is the starter for me. I'm shocked that people are questioning it; unless Alt or Fashanu somehow falls to #19, I'm not interested in replacing him because he really is a solid, ascending left tackle who has improved with every game.

But I would absolutely draft a left tackle replacement in Day 2 for after next year; it would be foolish to rely on Noteboom at this point, A-Jax will be a free agent after, and since we've already sunk so much cost in the offensive line, I don't think we re-sign him.

So, basically, draft a Day 2 left tackle to learn under A-Jax and Havenstein, be the swing-tackle for this year and take over the empty left tackle spot next year.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A possible day 2 prospect is Jordan Morgan, Arizona.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Prior to the Rams signing Dotson and Jackson I felt like signing Smith had a lot of value because it would allow us to draft defense with maybe a wideout in there. But now Smith doesn't feel doable unless he's very cheap which is unlikely.

Rams putting money into both OG positions makes it feel like youth at OT is the play.

And then you have the question: is AJax the answer at LT... I don't think so. In fact I think the Rams learned that trying to halfass LT can cost you with Boom. So I don't think they're gonna halfass it this time around. They may tender AJax but I don't see them signing him as LT. There was a chance I thought they could move him to LG but the team didn't think he was good enough or he wasn't willing, either way same end result.

The complication in all this is that 19 is no guarantee of LT. If they move up a bit to say 15 that looks a lot better I think. Would they do that? Probably comes down to AJax and how comfortable they are with him. But my vote is drafting LT at 19. It fits best what they have done so far.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really have to think that with the moves on the offensive line so far, they couldn't possibly be considering another one at 19. I agree with a number of the folks upthread that have said draft someone on day 2 to learn from Hav and the others, and roll with Ajax for this year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A possible day 2 prospect is Jordan Morgan, Arizona.

He'll go before #52. Very talented. Amegadjie or Suamataia are my choices; they're more third round. There's also later options like Goncalves. It's a very strong offensive line class.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Given how much we've already invested in IOL, plus Avila being our top pick last year, I find it almost impossible we draft LT with pick 19. I just dont see it. We've never seen that type of all in approach to one specific position group. Given our other needs I don't find it very probable.

We need to leave our options open at 19 for Edge or WR... Alaric Jackson at LT is perfectly fine given the rest of our line.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
If we can succeed in restructuring Noteboom’s contract then just roll with AJax. If we end up cutting Noteboom then bring AJax back and day 2 draft OT pick up.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Want nothing to do with Smith. And anybody who wants Smith you have no grounds to complain about Noteboom being hurt ever if you are advocating us signing Tyron Smith.