LT Poll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

At LT…

• Roll with AJ Jackson

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Sign a FA (Tyron Smith?)

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Draft a LT at #19

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Sign AJax, draft a LT on day 2, best man starts.

Votes: 52 55.3%

• Total voters

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There will be a run on OTs in that 11-19 range. I'll bet fat RoD dolla on that. Give me a bet option @flv. :bullseye:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, if that's the case please stay the F##k away from him. As far as Boom goes the guy is made out of glass and even when he is healthy he sucks! I will be glad when the Rams finally move on from his arse.
Agreed Boom gets hurt too much and if that makes him made of glass what's more fragile than glass because that's what Smith is made of.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed Boom gets hurt too much and if that makes him made of glass what's more fragile than glass because that's what Smith is made of.
Samuel L Jackson Glass Movie GIF by Glass

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I thought he had short arms a and a little undersized for LT?
He's 6'4" and Jackson is 6'5" ....about the same weight, Fautanu has 34-1/2" arms, Jackson 33-7/8. His shorter height didn't seem to be an issue playing against Texas and Michigan

jjab360

Legend
Mims gives me Greg Robinson/Jason Smith vibes, very athletic but hasn't played much or proven much in college. Warranted or not, that's what I feel.
I never once understood the Jason Smith hype. People called him an athletic freak and I never got it.

He was as average athletically as an offensive tackle could get and as raw as they come, a complete developmental prospect.

No. 2 overall. Because of hype. What a shit pick.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I never once understood the Jason Smith hype. People called him an athletic freak and I never got it.

He was as average athletically as an offensive tackle could get and as raw as they come, a complete developmental prospect.

No. 2 overall. Because of hype. What a shit pick.
the lion king simba GIF by Maudit

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Think he's gone by 19, probably 2-5 spots before.
Possibly .... I looked at consensus Mocks and Fautanu seems to be all over the board, where many of the others seem to fall in predictable spots.
Taking a tally of the possible positions drafted up to spot 19 ; (4) Qb's, (4) Tackles, Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, (3-4) WR's , Odunze, Harrison, Nabers, possible Thomas, (1) TE, (2) Edge Turner, Verse, (2-3) CB's Arnold, Mitchell, possibly DeJean, (1-2) DL, Murphy, possible Newton. That's 17 , not including the 3 possibles I listed. I think there is better than 50% chance that Latu and/or Fautanu will be on the board at 19.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
AJ played really well last year not sure why the hate considering he was a UDFA and is starting at LT and he didn't bother me like Boom did.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I'd roll with Jackson. Draft an edge or CB. Those two are more in need. I wouldn't have a problem drafting a future LT in the 3rd round. If he turns out to be better than Jackson then great. I'd go with edge/CB in the first and second rounds. Not necessarily in that order.
^^This.
How about Christian Jones (texas)?
6-6, 321ibs and experience at both Tackle spots.
That’s my guy in the 3rd.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
^^This.
How about Christian Jones (texas)?
6-6, 321ibs and experience at both Tackle spots.
That’s my guy in the 3rd.
I only know what scouting reports say about him. He's a bigger, mauler type. But fundamental issues with things like footwork and movement make him a project. I suppose with Jackson holding down the fort for a year or two he could be a future replacement.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
AJ played really well last year not sure why the hate considering he was a UDFA and is starting at LT and he didn't bother me like Boom did.
I think most of us are fine with AJ.
It’s just that he’s not Whit and tends to lose time with injuries.

I am perfectly comfortable going into ‘24 with him as our starting LT.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Yep, as long as we draft an OT relatively early. It could be the perfect move for this season.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I do think that if a great prospect at LT falls in your lap at 19 you have to pick him up. If worse comes to worse he plays a backup roll his first year. At best he plays does well and a we have one of the best backups in the league backing him up in AJ Jackson.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Did I read he only started 8-9 games in college? On a powerhouse where the supporting cast is top of the line could be a product of the machine.
He’s a legit physical freak with very limited, but good, tape.

dang

Legend

What if another team offers $4,890,001 to AJax? Does anyone think McSnead chants “FEED THE BEAST!!”, takes the 2nd round pick and let AJax walk?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What if another team offers $4,890,001 to AJax? Does anyone think McSnead chants “FEED THE BEAST!!”, takes the 2nd round pick and let AJax walk?
You bet your ass the Rams take that 2nd round pick.