LT Poll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

At LT…

• Roll with AJ Jackson

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Sign a FA (Tyron Smith?)

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Draft a LT at #19

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Sign AJax, draft a LT on day 2, best man starts.

Votes: 52 55.3%

• Total voters

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Want nothing to do with Smith. And anybody who wants Smith you have no grounds to complain about Noteboom being hurt ever if you are advocating us signing Tyron Smith.
I think it's arguable.

AJax missed two games last year. He had the blood clot issue prior. I don't see him as some slam dunk on the health front.

Noteboom got his ass handed to him on many occasions in there on the rare occasions he was actually healthy. He still struggles with power rushers.

Smith on almost 900 snaps last season allowed one sack.

There is a vast gulf between Smith and Boom. So, given his age and that injury history, if he were to be affordable I think he could be a good addition as he would actually lock LT the fuck down when he is healthy. If that times with a playoff run then the difference between him and what we've had at LT is night and day.

Risk? Sure. But let's not get too tied up in hyperbole here.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's arguable.

AJax missed two games last year. He had the blood clot issue prior. I don't see him as some slam dunk on the health front.

Noteboom got his ass handed to him on many occasions in there on the rare occasions he was actually healthy. He still struggles with power rushers.

Smith on almost 900 snaps last season allowed one sack.

There is a vast gulf between Smith and Boom. So, given his age and that injury history, if he were to be affordable I think he could be a good addition as he would actually lock LT the fuck down when he is healthy. If that times with a playoff run then the difference between him and what we've had at LT is night and day.

Risk? Sure. But let's not get too tied up in hyperbole here.
Has nothing to do with ability man you know this. People shit on Boom for never being healthy and want this guy? Yeah fucking right (excuse my language I'm taking fucking french lessons :D )

1710277626991.png

Not really on the french lessons. But Smith hasn't played a full season in almost a decade? Fuck that keep him away from our training table.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'd roll with Jackson. Draft an edge or CB. Those two are more in need. I wouldn't have a problem drafting a future LT in the 3rd round. If he turns out to be better than Jackson then great. I'd go with edge/CB in the first and second rounds. Not necessarily in that order.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I voted Keep AJ and draft an OT in the 2nd. There are only two OTs I’d spend a 1st on and no way they make it to 19. And I’d have a hard time picking any other OT with Mitchell, Laitu, or Verse still on the board.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has nothing to do with ability man you know this. People shit on Boom for never being healthy and want this guy? Yeah fucking right (excuse my language I'm taking fucking french lessons :D )

View attachment 64767

Not really on the french lessons. But Smith hasn't played a full season in almost a decade? Fuck that keep him away from our training table.
It's not shitting on Boom to say he can't stay healthy.

But again... When Boom is healthy he's iffy as fuck. Edges with power destroy him and when he holds up he ends up in the pocket. Smith is far better than him. That is the difference.

So my point is that if we had added Smith at an affordable rate and used AJax on a round 2 tender as a swing OT, that would be a big time upgrade overall for us. Which means I don't think it's accurate to say that if anyone doesn't like Boom at OT they shouldn't like Smith.

The two are completely different in terms of competency levels. Smith locks it the fuck down.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get the concern with Smith’s durability.

Of course, if he were to be signed and then stayed healthy all year while playing at a Pro Bowl level, how much fun would it be to watch the Cowboys fans’ resulting meltdown?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not shitting on Boom to say he can't stay healthy.

But again... When Boom is healthy he's iffy as fuck. Edges with power destroy him and when he holds up he ends up in the pocket. Smith is far better than him. That is the difference.

So my point is that if we had added Smith at an affordable rate and used AJax on a round 2 tender as a swing OT, that would be a big time upgrade overall for us. Which means I don't think it's accurate to say that if anyone doesn't like Boom at OT they shouldn't like Smith.

The two are completely different in terms of competency levels. Smith locks it the fuck down.
My point is people say this about Boom which is perfectly fine and they want him gone which is their right. But to turn around and want a guy who hasn't played a full season since 2015 instead because the guy he would replace is injury prone is to me just well lets say hypocritical instead of idiotic. There is no way anybody saying Boom is too injury prone we have to get rid of him and turn around and say lets sign a guy who's much older and much more injury prone instead. I'll nominate somebody for a Nobel prize in science if they can explain that logic to me because honestly there is no logic at all in this line of thought.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get the concern with Smith’s durability.

Of course, if he were to be signed and then stayed healthy all year while playing at a Pro Bowl level, how much fun would it be to watch the Cowboys fans’ resulting meltdown?
I'll shit a purple tweenkie filled with gold if a guy who will be 34 during the season actually stays healthy for a full season for the first time in almost a decade. Aint happening so why waste the money or the roster spot on that kind of guy!

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'll shit a purple tweenkie filled with gold if a guy who will be 34 during the season actually stays healthy for a full season for the first time in almost a decade. Aint happening so why waste the money or the roster spot on that kind of guy!
Well now I kinda want to see you shit out a purple twinkie filled with gold...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suspect scotch and purple gummy bears may get you there. :laugh3:

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I don't think there's a LT worth drafting at 19 the more I look at the board.
Not saying I'm in favor, but Fautanu after a trade down might work. I think he would be a slight upgrade over Jackson. He may be the only Tackle, at the range of the Draft, with experience playing the Left side worthy of the first round.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I currently have Minn taking McCarthy in my mock at either their original spot or with a jump up.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Not saying I'm in favor, but Fautanu after a trade down might work. I think he would be a slight upgrade over Jackson. He may be the only Tackle, at the range of the Draft, with experience playing the Left side worthy of the first round.
I thought he had short arms a and a little undersized for LT?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Think he's gone by 19, probably 2-5 spots before.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
My point is people say this about Boom which is perfectly fine and they want him gone which is their right. But to turn around and want a guy who hasn't played a full season since 2015 instead because the guy he would replace is injury prone is to me just well lets say hypocritical instead of idiotic. There is no way anybody saying Boom is too injury prone we have to get rid of him and turn around and say lets sign a guy who's much older and much more injury prone instead. I'll nominate somebody for a Nobel prize in science if they can explain that logic to me because honestly there is no logic at all in this line of thought.

Mims gives me Greg Robinson/Jason Smith vibes, very athletic but hasn't played much or proven much in college. Warranted or not, that's what I feel.
Well, if that's the case please stay the F##k away from him. As far as Boom goes the guy is made out of glass and even when he is healthy he sucks! I will be glad when the Rams finally move on from his arse.